Sales

doctorgnar

if you can get someone within europe to ship it to you, it's way less likely for you to get hit with custom charges.

also, you should ask the person to remove all price tags or papers with that information on it before sending, and preferably paypal him something like 20 bucks, so that if customs ask for some kind of receipt, you can provide the 20 bucks transfer registry and the charge will get applied to that ridiculously low value. that's how i proceed and it has proven efficient in the past.

AFAIK, shops have to declare the real value when shipping internationally, or they may get into some legal problem over it.

icon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gif

can anyone confirm? i just ordered an $800 jacket off there, and +30% is over $1000.

NOT COOL.

anyway i can avoid this? can i ship it within the UK and have that person ship it to me in the US?

Dear Barneys,

Put the Charcoal butteros on sale. The brown ones are down to $189. You're not going to sell those size 7 until you do, and I'm not paying full price for those things. They're not that nice.

Servo2000

From what I was told it won't happen soon and at least in ny there aren't many sizes left :(

I think I saw coldrice at barneys today. Is he in ny?

I was there a couple weeks ago and they were on sale, but the TB wasn't marked down, so I figured maybe it'd go on sale later sometime. Hopefully it'll happen when I have my bonus cash to burn.

=]

OH SHIT. Nvm, just checked around the net for the coat and such, realized it was on sale when I saw it, just normal TB pricing blew my mind. Costs 6 G's on sale, down from 8400. Shit.

Anyone know anything similar to it? This is it:

thom-browne_v.jpg

00180m.jpg

I'm 5'8" and it reached pretty much 1/2 down my calves, if anything else reaches that far on me, that'd be perfect. Thanks!

- Ben

icon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gificon4.gif

can anyone confirm? i just ordered an $800 jacket off there, and +30% is over $1000.

NOT COOL.

anyway i can avoid this? can i ship it within the UK and have that person ship it to me in the US?

it's much more than that. they have to declare the full value along with the discounted value (on a separate line) when shipping your item via dhl. after customs (on 820pounds) the jacket comes out to approx 1300. wouldn't be so bad if they deducted vat, but oki-ni doesn't. if you need to change the shipping address you better call them tonight. as they are rather quick to ship with the holiday so close.

it's much more than that. they have to declare the full value along with the discounted value (on a separate line) when shipping your item via dhl. after customs (on 820pounds) the jacket comes out to approx 1300. wouldn't be so bad if they deducted vat, but oki-ni doesn't. if you need to change the shipping address you better call them tonight. as they are rather quick to ship with the holiday so close.

FUUUUUUUUCK.

ive already emailed them. i hope they cancel the order. im going to call them the moment they open.

i could always return it though right? and not be charged?

yeah, shit is fucked. canceled my order via email - no easy cancel online.

But now i recall buying stuff from them & colette/wesoldout, several times (albeit a few years ago) and all my items were shipped dhl...but i never got dinged with customs fees. dhl didn't even chase me down later. so i don't know why the disparity.

if you look at their returns policy page, it appears that they're aware of the notion of imports/customs charges and don't want anything to do with it:

"We regret that we cannot accept any returned items that incur import charges. To avoid these charges we suggest that you do not use a courier company such as DHL, Fedex or UPS, instead please use a registered mail service that requires a signature on delivery."

I think barneys has the jacket, the texture is difficult to discern from the pic you'll have to see it. I think seven has the bottom two.

Klasse LA is having 50 off most of the stuff in the store. My boy picked up apc sheepskin boots (370) + shawl collar sweater (190) and cashmere diamond cardigan (330) for 50 off those prices which are underpriced to begin with.

Jeffrey carries Lanvin right? I may need to call them tomorrow.

They do, but unless they got their spring shipment already, there's no Lanvin in the store except for the two ties I saw, one bow tie and one skinny regular. I was there a week or two ago and there was nothing at all, I was amazed.

Also, went to BG's today, and I really do recommend their sale, there was A LOT of stuff at biiiig discounts, seemed to me that it was nice stuff too, lots of McQueen, Jil, Marc, Dolce, ya know, all the sorta basics. Picked up a sweet Marc Jacobs top coat in a grey colorblocked Raf-esque print, the McQueen windbreaker that was featured everywhere (one more left) and a McQueen tie..... gonna try and go back there after Christmas.

- Ben

Oipolloi sale started yesterday:

40% off Aquascutum

40% off selected Baracuta jackets

40% off One True Saxon

40% off selected YMC

40% off selected Patagonia

20% off Oliver Spencer jackets

20% off Hartford shirts

20% off selected Fjallraven jackets & coats

20% off Lee denim

20% off APC

40% off Nom De Guerre

20% off selected Barbour jackets

20% off Fred Perry

20% off John Smedley

20% off selected Ralph Lauren

Does anyone know when the ASOS sale starts?

just got the email from their communications dept.

time to stock up on toonnnsssss of basics.

UNIQLO will be holding a sample sale at the UNIQLO store starting on December 26th at 9am until product runs out!

Knit tops- $5.00

Sweaters- $10.00

Woven Tops- $10.00

Bottoms- $10.00

Cashmere- $15.00

Jackets- $20.00