Hair Thread

qom

I'm not quite to the point for it, but I want to get some ideas.

What are some good pomades for a style similar to a pomp? I've probably got two months until I'll really need it, but I may buy some now just to fuck around with.

Personally I like Layrite super hold. I discovered it while touring and found its a favorite among many many rock a billy bands. Before that I was using Murray's and find that layrite is much better. Will wash out when you want it to instead of staying in your hair for over a week like Murray's. Overall found it just works better and feels better than anything else Ive tried. Heres the website

http://www.hawleywoods.com/cat1.cfm

Fuck. Been growing out my buzzcut since the beginning of summer. This morning, waking up with a terrible hangover I figured "hey, lets do something crazy with my hair!" Tried turning it into a jugend kind of thing, but fucked up badly. Looked like both Bert and Ernie. Now I'm back with a buzzcut again.

I've been reading this thread for the past 2 years and have only recently been able to take full advantage of the recommendations since my hair is now at a good length. But after going back through I just got more confused. So hopefully I can get some quick recommendations. I've got the typical super straight thick Asian hair. It's almost touching my shoulders in the back and it's long enough in front to tuck behind my ears. I ha my stylist thin it out with a razor. I'm looking for something to add some texture that I could maybe finish with some hair spray. I have some gatsby wax from the short hair days (in the plastic gray container) but I think it's too heavy. When I tried it the other day it looked good at first but eventually just kind if fell flat. There's a Japanese market that carries a lot of the gatsby stuff near me so if anyone has a suggestion from them let me know.

So just a quick update.

I ended up going to the local Floyd's barbershop and told the stylist to do whatever she wanted. 30 mins and 25$ later I came out with this:

192803.jpg

What do you guys think? Short on sides long on top.

I don't love it, don't hate it.

How should I comb this sucker? Slick it back? Comb it? Messy? What would be look best? Should I use a gel or pomade?

comb it all to one side and do a pomp/wave up front. Or just slick it all back and do a pomp up front.

basically, that shit needs pomp. You look 50's with that cut, run with it

I might have gotten ripped off but no one really suggested a shop so I just did a quick yelp within 1 mile radius and ended up at Floyd's. $21 mens cut + tip.

Anyway, thanks for an actual serious respone Zubin.

I'm open to any more suggestions.

Thanks guys!

hahah, I wouldnt really worry a too much about getting ripped off with a $21 cut

with regards to Gatsby waxes, which one would be best if i am after something with as little greasiness and oiliness as possible (needs to feel 'dry' if that makes sense), with as strong a hold as possible?

the gray one

grunge matte

since salon shizen was way too fucking busy i just gave up and went to hairmates again.

got a perm + cut. not as good as shima, bloc, mitsouko or whatever

but it's fucking new york. i can't have the best...