Dubbleworks Denim Contest

cheep

which one do you want on the final contest jeans?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. which one do you want on the final contest jeans?

• patch 1
    • patch 2
    • patch 3
    • patch 4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think he's saying is that if you don't (or do) have a chain stitched hem and no one has (or doesn't have) a chain stitched hem, then no one will win, except him who will (or won't) have a chain stitched hem

Rep? I think deciphering that should be the only criteria for winning the contest.

Hey, I thought I had it right, but then rome came along and blew my answer out of the water. good job, buddy. i think that makes you the winner

really... does anyone care that much about winning? im more concerned with the amazing jeans that we are all getting... and the great price gordon worked out for us.

i mean... a contest is fun because of the fact that youre part of something bigger... but beyond that i dont get it.

idk, a free pair of natural indigo jeans might have something to do with it

Not to mention...

Didn't cheep score a free pair of jeans out of this contest already anyways? Or am I mistaken? If so, seems like Cheap already won.

i spoke with gordon today.

according to him, like mentioned here before, the first shipment of the jeans could be arriving at BiG as early as monday. these jeans are being shipped in random sizes in few different phases. the biggest problem for him now is that he has to start hemming them like crazy. (more than 90% of the contestants requested hemming.) he could handle maybe up to ten jeans a day.

so the best chance you have of getting these early is if you didn't request a hem job. taller people might get to enjoy these before others, if their sizes happen to come in in the first shipment.

maybe we should shoot for the first day of next year. that way gordon won't have to rush through the hemming process and everybody will have plenty of time to get their shit ready. so what do ya think person in charge of this?

I really don't want to be that hungover when I start something this awesome. Also, January 1st is usually a day where operating something like a bathtub is a challenge.

depending how far the spread is from first jean received till last... like if its a month long spread that is kinda pusing it ... BUT...

is a week or two really gonna make that much of a difference?

possibly a staggered start and end date... maybe just whenever you start em take the pic with a newspaper of that day or whatever.

who cares if people 'cheat' on a start date ... theres gonna be so much build up to the day the jeans arrive how are people really gonna hold back?

and if people 'cheat' on a starting date, its just as easy to take sandpaper and clips etc. to your jeans to age them quicker anyways

So let me get this straight. Some of us might get our jeans in the next few weeks and some might not due to hemming issues. Once we get them we are supposed to wait 2.5 months to be able to wear them after waiting a previous 2.5 for them to come in the mail.

I don't know about everyone else but as soon as these come in the mail they are going right in the fucking tub and then right on my body. Fuck the contest.