Icky thump

BOORADLEY

terrible...i hate that guy. this song is incredibly heavy-handed and lacks melody.

I liked the red blood cells album? is that the one with hotel yorba? and I liked the lego film clip...

The scene in coffee and cigarettes with the white stripes is the worst thing a camera has ever been pointed at... and people sometimes film them selves shitting in see through underpants after eating lots of corn...

i have the album. its amazing. kinda glossy due to them using digital production, but in honesty, its amazing. i love it. im seeing them twice in a row this summer. im so happy. the entire album just makes me so happy. sooo soo happy.

i love the white stripes - and jack white is one of the best guitarists around these days. its stupid to compare him to SRV or other players because he doesn't play from the same place. SRV played blues in a simple form, jack white is playing blues mixed with the aesthetics/volume of punk and the religious fury of a failed artist. his playing literally translates to shades of red/black/white.

i said that without even having a illegal substance in my system. i need to smoke drugs soon or i will go crazy.

im gonna go listen to Icky Thump more. peace bitches.

terrible...i hate that guy. this song is incredibly heavy-handed and lacks melody.

west, your my main man and all. but you' nuts. ever listened to de stijl or the white stripes? both those albums own.

raconteurs were pretty good too

i liked i few songs on that album a good amount. but they cant hold a candle to older white stripes. and hopefully newest white stripes. get behind me satan was a let down

i liked i few songs on that album a good amount. but they cant hold a candle to older white stripes. and hopefully newest white stripes. get behind me satan was a let down

no way man, Get Behind Me Satan was amazing. you had your crazy tunes like "The Nurse" and "Take, Take, Take" on one end, your rockers like "Blue Orchid" or "Red Rain" at another, and your amazingly written songs like "White Moon" and "I'm Lonely (But I ain't that lonely yet)"

that album has everything, its the best thing they've done, and Icky Thump is definately good, but its just another part of their evolution.

though you're all gonna freak your shit when you hear their cover of "Conquest"

oh my.

no way man, Get Behind Me Satan was amazing. you had your crazy tunes like "The Nurse" and "Take, Take, Take" on one end, your rockers like "Blue Orchid" or "Red Rain" at another, and your amazingly written songs like "White Moon" and "I'm Lonely (But I ain't that lonely yet)"

that album has everything, its the best thing they've done, and Icky Thump is definately good, but its just another part of their evolution.

though you're all gonna freak your shit when you hear their cover of "Conquest"

oh my.

im getting icky thump off isohunt right now. you better be right. i still think get behind was boring though. at least compared to their other stuff

After Get Behind Me Satan, I was afraid Jack White was going to depart further from the sound that theyre known for, and looked like he was putting on weight, wearing more eccentric outfits and sporting more facial hair, but from that video of the icky thump song, it looks like all that was just a phase, and Jack is going back to the sound and style that kicks ass. Im VERY relieved.

boring band, annoying voice. cool video though

youre a boring band with an annoying voice.

continuing on. that song whoever it was posted...is nice. sounding like older stuff, but new. its a twofer

well, i've listened to it in excess of 20 times already, and i've decided, though it is a great album - its lacking/isn't lacking in a few key departments

• production - though very nicely done, its just that. its too nicely done. its very apparent that they went into a digital studio with their minds set on recording in the same style to raconteurs made their record. you can hear the audible difference in production quality between Get Behind Me Satan and this album. the vocals are very immediate, the guitar very full, and the drums are very tight. not that these are such bad things, but it takes away from the general concept of the white stripes - this album, unlike all the albums up to Elephant, has little to no reverb splashed in for some color. the tone on jacks guitar is full and very obvious, and its not as messy as i'd like it to sound. theres something almost sterile about it at times, but regardless, it makes for a new approach to their sound. i'm sure live, it will be more more frought.
  • the vocals are very clean, again with no reverb like the other albums, and no natural space, everything is very airtight.
  • the drums have never sounded better, which is/isnt a problem. the whole idea with meg behind the skins was to keep it primal and big/sloppy, but somehow it has become a bit overly thought out. again, this record is a complete step in both directions so its hard to say its such a problem
  • and in terms of tuneage, there seem to be only 4 "rockers" as opposed to just great songs (which is the entire album). it seems that this album is more like one choesive listen, as opposed to past stripes efforts which have been loud loud loud quiet loud loud piano loud, etc. but this is definately interesting to see that jack white has emerged from the full band setup with the raconteurs with new knowledge of a cohesive and full recording concept.

generally, the album is a great listen, and interesting if you're a diehard fan, seeing as the progression of each album brings a new flavor and sound to the band. i'm glad they aren't apologizing to anyone along the way, because they're going to keep making some of the best albums around.

anyone else seeing them july 24 or 25? i've got tickets for both :)

i have been a big fan of the stripes for a long time. i personally like the album a lot. for some reason i have really been digging "st. andrew" not sure why, there's just something about it. i was real psyched to find the album five days before the release at some random shop. my favorite album from them is probably de stijl, though i'm not sure. sorry if this post is all over the place. it's 1 30 am. i'd like to write a little more about the whole subject at a later time perhaps. also real happy to have tickets to see them at madison square garder july 24th. woot! anyway, the stripes are awesome!

edit: just saw, jeepster, maybe i'll see ya at the show, haha