What is so great about Supreme?

im a sucker for it,I love the branding its caught my eye from the first time i saw it,then when i got my first tee i found they were the first streetwear brand cutting stuff that fitted me just how i liked,I buy because i like the brand and the time and culture it embodies and th clothes ft me well and (touch wood) everything i own has been of good quality.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you enlighten me, then, since I obviously don't know?

Everything I was gonna say pretty much has already been said, its not just that there t-shirts with a logo on them, they carry a sort of value with them. I can remember when that place first opened and I used to drag my ass in there with my board and just hang out, because I knew that there would be a good chance a pro was gonna drop in or skate by. Supreme's just a part of my growing up and it has been there and probably always will thats all I guess.:D

One appeal:

Their collabo items. They seem to put out the most insane collabo items that no other company has ever thought of.

e.g. franklin baseball gloves

I don't think Dunk Lows could have been as popular as they are today

if supreme didn't do the cement lows (or dunk SBs for that matter).

One of the reasons that got me interested in fashion (as lame as this may sound)

is supreme.

I do wear high fashion BS nowadays but my love for supreme is where i started.

Hmm the tee's are cool, but the "box" tee's or what you're calling them.

They're really boring. Just some boring font, in a box. I dont feel those tee's.

I don't know how you can call the font Futura boring. It's probably the best geometric sans-serif and it's been around for 80 years this year.

Supreme is a lifestyle brand. It speaks to people on so many different levels from skate, street, and to those that have that 'don't give a fuck' attitude. Some hypebeast kids buy into it and they are the ones that taint the brand. For those that are into streetwear they are one of the forefathers. They have continually kept exclusivity high and have never strayed away from their image. If you don't know then you don't. Some people get it and some don't.

a quick flip through some of the older designs leads to cooked crack nostalgia

Word, looking through that supremetee.com site is a trip, so much dope shit. It'd be nice to see them use their older logos again.

One of the reasons that got me interested in fashion (as lame as this may sound)

is supreme.

I do wear high fashion BS nowadays but my love for supreme is where i started.

Same here, I actually don't own that much stuff from Supreme but my general interest in fashion started from that brand too.

im a sucker for it,I love the branding its caught my eye from the first time i saw it,then when i got my first tee i found they were the first streetwear brand cutting stuff that fitted me just how i liked,I buy because i like the brand and the time and culture it embodies and th clothes ft me well and (touch wood) everything i own has been of good quality.

This is pretty much spot on to what I would have written.

I just like how their stuff fits. Box logo is branding at its best. I mean it's cool to only the right people. If you don't know, then move on, if you do, then we might have something in common.

Maybe it's smoking trees and skating in pools, or maybe it's waiting in line for sneakers, whatever it is that logo dives into a subculture.

I'm not really "into it" either. From what I can gather, it mainly appeals to skaters, people who grew up in the supreme store, or people who wish they were either of the former two. Seeing as I don't fall into any of these groups, the brand doesn't really interest me.

Looking through that t-shirt designs archive, they have/had some seriously awesome designs, and some amazingly tasteful branding. Those I can appreciate. But when it's just an item of clothing with the red box SUPREME logo stamped on it, that doesn't impress me.

I don't skate but I like some of their stuff. Their stuff true to what 'streetwear' is meant to be, the lifestyle.

It's like saying you've can only buy dunks and air forces if you're a baller.

Quite lame thread maybe you can start some new threads into, why do guys spend thousands on dior?? or why do guys wear ball crunching jeans??

If the original poster did a proper search and read all people's posts, not just this forum, maybe you'll get the jest of what Supreme is about.

along with basically what everyone said already, supreme is made in limited quantities and their are only two spots in the US where you can get it. So not everyone and their mama is rockin what you have on like fubu or sean john. If Supreme was real popular and blew up or got bought by mark e, I wouldnt fuck with it anymore, fuck it being around 13 years and being a staple in NY street/youth culture.

Honestly, Supreme sucks. I'll admit their earlier shit and some selected pieces are very nice. But, Supreme is on some teeny bopper hypebeast shit. They are basically a Premium version of JNCO Jeans.

Shit man, I never saw it like this before, Supreme's knocking off this shit like you wouldn't believe.

66t43z7.jpg

SUPREME IS A HOUSE OF LIES

DOWN WITH SUPREME