usa :: portland :: general

cureOne

andina isn't impossible to get into iirc, but call at least a day or two ahead. I went with a prix fixe menu but they also have open menus that have all of the options available on the set dinner. Also check out deschutes and rogue, although im burned out by rogue because they are peppered across the west coast now (at least where ive lived). I cant think of the good titty bars but just ask the locals. The girls that work the clubs are bangin too...

Actually now that I think of it I think my sister's bf recommended acrop, but he may have been half joking...

Edited by Fycus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any shops in the area that cary Rick Owens and designers of that aesthetic?

http://www.tableofcontents.us

and

http://www.standupcomedytoo.com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that depends on about a million things.

price range? length of stay? where will you be working? how are you gonna get around? how picky are you? etc etc etc.

as a general rule - pdx is cheaper than sf and nyc, but not nearly as cheap as it was 5-10 years ago.

craiglist will give you a pretty decent idea of the range tho.

• 3 weeks later...

planning a trip to portland at the end of march and have begun browsing airbnb for a place to stay for ~4 days or so. what's a good neighborhood/area to stay in? looking for an area where going out for good food and shopping would be convenient to get to (either by walking or a short ride on public transit) im guessin downtown would be a good bet from perusing this thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Portland later this month for two days, one night. Staying at the Ace Hotel again.

Tasty and Alder 

Clyde Commons

Kenny and Zuke’s Delicatessen

Gruner

Lardo

Any other suggestions on places to eat within walking distance of Ace? Food cart suggestions work too.

i'd recommend blue star doughnuts for sure. it's right next to lardo. 

also, the pastrami is A++ at K&Z but if you've got the time/desire, def try the thanksgiving sandwich. 

I had the pastrami last time I was there. So good. I might be able to hit K&Z twice. 

I'll probably skip Gruner, tbh. Looks like it might be a bit too formal and I'm going to be going solo. 

I had the pastrami last time I was there. So good. I might be able to hit K&Z twice. 

I'll probably skip Gruner, tbh. Looks like it might be a bit too formal and I'm going to be going solo. 

Depending on what night of the week you'll be here, I'd check out Multnomah Whiskey Library too if your a whiskey drinker. Cool atmosphere, but can be a pain to get into on weekends. I'd go put your name down, walk to dinner, and then come back for a drink post-meal. 

Edited by MarkMorrison

I'll be in Portland later this month for two days, one night. Staying at the Ace Hotel again.

Tasty and Alder 

Clyde Commons

Kenny and Zuke’s Delicatessen

Gruner

Lardo

Any other suggestions on places to eat within walking distance of Ace? Food cart suggestions work too.

all walking distance:

courier coffee

wolf and bears cart on 10th

lonesomes pizza at dantes

santeria but u gotta eat inside marys!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey sufu,

going to Portland to get eloped this coming week. 

been plenty of times, so pretty set on all the cheap & chill bars & eats we'd like to hit up, BUT, i'd like some recommendations for the ever-so-elusive house music scene - any specific recommendations for spots to hit up for some potentially minimal, deep, & groovy step-touching with my forever lady?

thanks in advance sirs & madams! 

sorry, my use of english was pretty horrible there. 

somehow "this coming week" [in my mind] described April 21st - 30th... /fail

anything happening THAT week you know of? ;)

should i keep my eye on those venues in particular? or even better, might you have any promotion companies that typically handle this genre of EDM whose pages i can look up?

also, thanks!