HELP! axle grease stain!

watchman

The other night while driving home late at night, i somehow managed to completely snap the front axle of my car. In the ensuing chaos, i got axle grease all over my jeans from wiping my hands off, etc. I washed them already once, but nothing worked yet, so please let me know if you have advice.

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

i agree with the statements regarding character..

plus you've got to think that as the grease breaks down (with future washes and wearing) you could end up with some interesting fades..almost like a "coated" denim

given the amount of shit you see on looney tunes evisus and/or distressed-to-hell 'designer' jeans (now with paint splatters!!), your jeans still look nicer than a majority of the stuff that's out there

I got a load of engine oil on my samurais this morning from changing the wheel on my vespa. I wouldn't worry too much either, it's what denim is meant for anyway.

Although I didn't really like how some of my LVCs faded around engine oil and soot stains over the last couple of years.

This morning I was however most pissed off about the dollop of grease on my lovely puma clydes.... they are totally fucked.

i used some of that grandma's stain remover and dr. bronner's soap suds to remove popcorn butter from my nom de guerre's. a bit less extreme than axle greese, but anythings worth a shot. My dry cleaner's job didn't do shit, they ended up somehow fucking it up.

It's not even terribly noticable, I wouldn't worry about it.

You may remember my PBJs which were really dirty looking even after a wash. The brown has since pretty much disappeared. Grease is a little different, I'm sure, but I'm sure with wear it will become less and less apparent.

I think they look fine. How do they smell? Axle "dope", like 90 weight oil usually has a wicked stink! I haven't tried jeans, but Shout stain remover has done wonders on some t-shirts I have gotten crap on. I'd say hot soak them for a long time before washing also.

I agree w/ everyone else....might not want to wear them to a funeral or to meet your new girl friend's parents, but totherwise they're fine. Look at it as a little memento of the time your axle snapped (a good conversation piece).