Card pulling (Mighty Necessary)

ABELnyc

Ok, so I'm cool with people putting hiphop lines, phrases, words etc. on shirts. I'm doing some of the same type of shit into my own shirts. But if you're going to do it, do it right. OK, well 'right' is subjective. I guess I mean...do your homework.

That company (Mighty Healthy > also the name of a Ghostface song) that did the CONNECT POLITIC DITTO shirt >>>>>> whoops!

The line is Let's Connect politic 'Didough' as in, 'dough' but with the -id thrown in. (as in, "Get off my did-ick.") I hate to get all nerd on you guys, and yes i know OHHLA has it like that too, but they're wrong also. Sometimes when Wu says dough, they say did-ough instead. it's that simple. Let's connect politic dough, means, basically, let's get that paper by doin our thing. whatever.

Sorry to waste everyone's time...i just feel that if you're gonna make some loot on some other cat's spittage, you best come correct and know what you're 'paying homage' to.

-your faithful (un)incarcerated scarface...

the only valid rebut of this post would be by Rae himself, by the way.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

or "THAT's WACKED!" it's like nails on a chalkboard.

i mean ok, some people hear different shit, so they have their own interpretation. fine. but Connect Politic Ditto? What the FUUUUUCK does THAT mean?!?!?! nothing! you just wanted to take a line (from an admittedly bananas song) and put it on a shirt. and that makes me mad. i don't know why, but it does.

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

• 1 month later...
Quote:

Ok, so I'm cool with people putting hiphop lines, phrases, words etc. on shirts. I'm doing some of the same type of shit into my own shirts. But if you're going to do it, do it right. OK, well 'right' is subjective. I guess I mean...do your homework.

That company (Mighty Healthy > also the name of a Ghostface song) that did the CONNECT POLITIC DITTO shirt >>>>>> whoops!

The line is Let's Connect politic 'Didough' as in, 'dough' but with the -id thrown in. (as in, "Get off my did-ick.") I hate to get all nerd on you guys, and yes i know OHHLA has it like that too, but they're wrong also. Sometimes when Wu says dough, they say did-ough instead. it's that simple. Let's connect politic dough, means, basically, let's get that paper by doin our thing. whatever.

Sorry to waste everyone's time...i just feel that if you're gonna make some loot on some other cat's spittage, you best come correct and know what you're 'paying homage' to.

-your faithful (un)incarcerated scarface...

the only valid rebut of this post would be by Rae himself, by the way.

--- Original message by ABELnyc on Jun 16, 2005 09:55 PM

Quote: That company (Mighty Healthy > also the name of a Ghostface song) that did the CONNECT POLITIC DITTO shirt >>>>>> whoops!

I'm suprised no one picked up on that sooner. That's kinda funny, and makes them look kinda wack.

I've always heard/thought "lets connect politics to dough" or "lets connect, politic the dough"

& spit "lets conneck politic di doe"...

I don't know about that "da dick" analogy shit?

Good stuff though ABEL...

-Dub

Edited for an ABEL shout out.

Edited by themdouble on Aug 6, 2005 at 09:59 AM

if we're gonna pull cards, how about all the people who want to be so caught up in raekwon, ghostface, OBCL's, and so much other Wu and hip hop and everything else started by that whole vien, who want to wear anything related to albums and lifestyles that relate nothing to the lives they live?. Thats an interesting Card. "yeah raekwon is awesome and OBLC's is the most important album ever to me in my life, even though I'm scared to ever ride through stapleton at night without the doors locked and windows up. Also sellnig drugs to support myself, which is the premiss of the whole album, is an idea which scares me shitlees is practically uncomprehendable in my mind. Oh and I also couldn't even imagine to relating to that because I don't have even the slightest idea what its like to have to be nervous of both the people sellnig to me and buying from because who could either snitch on me or blow my head off for a reason me and everybody who loves me would never know. And its even cooler that I don't have to worry about talking on my phone or spendnig my day trying to stay away from the police, rival drug dealers, stick up kids and numerous other parties who would love nothing more then to lop my hed off for the chain around my neck and plain general satisfaction like the people they speak of. I mean gee wiz man, all I know is that the Chef makes up some super cool words and ghostface wears a badass bracelet, so they're awesome."

its somewhat nice to nkow the exact words of the songs. to understand the situations they speak on is realms above that though

i dont see rae and ghost getting pissed off, so why you fools wyling out about it...why dont you guystake some baseball bat with rusty nails in them and bat the shit out of each other and we will see who win.....fo sho i would like to see some brain splatter action son.....

these lyrics were found on:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/raekwon/113357.html AND

http://www.lyricpages.com/raekwon-the-chef-incarcerated-scarfaces-b2148-s100059.html

Chorus: raekwon the chef

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out

It’s for real though, let’s connect politic - ditto!

We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases

Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Verse one: raekwon the chef

are they BOTH wrong?

cause that would suck dong.

WORD IS BOND.

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

• 2 weeks later...

What is wrong with you people? How many of you people are the following;

1) from Shaolin

2) old enough to remember when the song came out (i mean 21 when it came out)

3) intelligent enough to realize that this Abe dude is completely wrong.

Raekwon has throughout his rap career said words improperly to make them rhyme;

"Spread it on like grey poo-pon(poupon)" this is the same thing

he was rhyming for real tho with ditto so he pronounced it dit-dough(ditto).

it is not wu saying di-dough like my di-dick. there used to be an incredible site called wu-lyricz that listed pretty much every wu lyric ever, and the line is definitely ditto.

I am from the island of staten, and i can guarantee you the line was meant to mean ecxactly as it says

connect

politic

ditto

if you don't understand the meaning I can't help you only guide you in the right direction.

Please stop this thread, it is disrespecting a song from one of the greatest rap lp's ever.

Word is Born god.

yo duns (dagsolo) ==

please stop. i don't care what the websites say. Rae didn't write any of those lyrics on any of those sites. any "lyrics" archive is made up solely of other people's submissions.

Back in the day i saw some site's lyrics to 8 Steps to Perfection, and it was written "Organized graffiti that jism can't control" so i wrote the dude being like Yo not for nuthin but those lyrics are wrong.

he was all heated at me like Step off you're wrong, you big herb etc. etc. so i wrote him back "...it's 'Organize graffiti lectures in can control.' Think about it, your shit doesn't even make sense." he never wrote back, but the next day i checked the site and he'd corrected them.

and please jjs, i don't need to be selling rock in staten island to comment on/relate to the Wu shit. ever been to bushwick at night? crown heights? if you had, you'd know that even the roughest neighborhoods are still that---neighborhoods. you have to be aware of your surroundings and make good judgments. no more, no less. i grew up right here, and i have partied in/lived in/went to school in some pretty bad places. you can bet the people who've lived in those neighborhoods all these years can relate to a life unlike their own, as can i. you just need to have an open mind.

what, i have to pack gats and roll with mobb deep in order to understand ebonics, graffiti, hiphop culture, lyrics etc. etc.? come now, i know you're not that foolish. this isn't a matter of 'living the Wu life' etc. or trying to wax nerdstyle. it's just a matter of getting sonned because you didn't bother to educate yourself. wanting to put a line on a shirt...but does it even speak to, or make sense to you? no. but you want to rep the Wu, because you sweat the Wu, and want people who 'know and feel' the wu to relate to your shirt, so you can sell more of them. if you're going to do that, hey props to you and word to capitalism...but just be true to yourself. ask the mighty healthy dude(s) why they did that shirt...what do you think they'd say? what could they say?

and of course Rae, ghost etc. don't get pissed at the shirt, it's probably just a matter of a) them not knowing about it B) knowing, but declining to take action because the lyrics are WRONG, or c) knowing and wanting to take action but also see that there is nothing they can realistically do about it.

whatever man, just come correct, is all. don't try to rep some shit you're fronting you know about on some deep, world-is-beneath-you level and then shit the bed with a mistake like that.

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

Since we're getting technical about slanguistics... First ask anyone from QB and not Williamsburg, the term is THUN not DUN... With that said...

"Haterade is thirst aid for that deep down body thirst!!!"

Thunnie why all the angst over some one who was just doing their thing on something that dropped last season? Look at you you're logged on to a fashionista super shopper message board to besmirch some cats who are just out getting their grind on? When were you designated the keeper of Wu-Tang lexicon? I'd like you to sit there and spell check all of the god's darts and make sure that your copy of Microsoft word doesn't put any red squiggles under the syntax? Rae made it a hot line, they made it a hot shirt. Does one alleged error mean they are totally oblivious to hip-hop? Me thinks not. Plus this IS hip-hop since when did spelling ever count? God knows I'd hate to see the mid-90's Boot Camp Clik in a spelling bee (Waddup Dee & Walt!!!) This sounds real personal B. Almost like you lost your allowance at the screeners when you saw it drop... Breathe easy thunnie, I'm sure that these cats will not be upset that you're not buying their wares. Dedicate that energy for boycotting the modern day minstrel show that's G-Unit or something. On the reals play the Game 6 Bill Buckner and let it go. Its type stalkerratzi and you're coming off like you're little brother was killed by the Shaolin youth division because of this shirt and you're crusading like Geraldo and Denise Brown. Its a shirt, its the Internet, there's a whole world out there and 100's of shirt designing cats. Maybe with some drive and determinaton you can get there yourself. But until you throw your hat in the ring and go for yours, you sounds like Kanye after an awards show...

Edited by Drewpreme Allah on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:09 PM

Edited by Drewpreme Allah on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:12 PM

Edited by Drewpreme Allah on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:12 PM

Quote: and please jjs, i don't need to be selling rock in staten island to comment on/relate to the Wu shit.

I dunno, the whole concept of OBCL was based around dealing drugs and living that life. Which songs on the album weren't about that? Everything was related to a lifestyle that has no corelation with with the brands pushing these shirts, only idolization. I guess maybe theres nothing eevn wrong with that if you call it what it is, but Cuban Links is prolly my most supn album ever, and those topics aren't relatable to everyone, just like Jay-Z's aren't even though those in the know listen. I'd love to understand what exactly is the relationship that draws people to that shirt that isn't just "its cool to like"

Quote: ever been to bushwick at night?

yes

Quote: crown heights?

yes, and I can start throwing out black names whatever, but location ain't even really the issue I'm pushing its more lifestyle, or admitting a lack thereof

Quote: if you had, you'd know that even the roughest neighborhoods are still that---neighborhoods.

Yes that actually is my point, those are just neighborhoods so just being there and avioding is a whole nother thing. The Album, and others, and most of that whole movement, especially Rae's wasn't just about the neighborhood, infact it was more about the actions. He said it himself in several articles; the album was directed at hustlers, to speak to hustlers, and even packaged to be understood by hustlers (purple top package etc. And that is my exact-point, the "I was there, I went to a Wu concert" Arguement isn't really validation, atleasy according to the words rae has spoke. So I dunno whats different now?

Quote: you have to be aware of your surroundings and make good judgments. no more, no less. i grew up right here, and i have partied in/lived in/went to school in some pretty bad places. you can bet the people who've lived in those neighborhoods all these years can relate to a life unlike their own, as can i. you just need to have an open mind.

Honestly sure, whatever, thats great, if thats how you feel, I don't even feel like saying "no thats not true, becase I don't know you", all I can say is that I'd put more weight on the opinion a person in that life, or doing time for that life, or dead of that life to say who can and can't relate. I won't refute your claim, all I know is that just being smoewhere doesn't make you understand something, because in everyhood US everyone doesn't just get THAT knowledge or understanding just from being a few blocks down or having a CD, because the topics are just environment they are actions and realities, impulses and regrets, and so on. All I know is those who I know who do know definetly don't give that credit to those who were just "around", but again I'm not in a lpace to judge you personaly, but what I definetly can say is that a small t-shirt, targeted at hipsters, is definetly clicking a lot more sales outside "the know" then inside it, because to many its just an attempt at validation

Quote: what, i have to pack gats and roll with mobb deep in order to understand ebonics, graffiti, hiphop culture, lyrics etc. etc.?

depends what you mean by understand, just understand the concepts no, but understand the realities yes. I never tagged enough in my life to say that i could relate to what its like to sneak through a live train tunnel and bomb an out of service sub car wuoldn't be true. I dunno what its like to hang off the side of a building on a pulley to do a crazy through up. I can't front like I nkow how the paint smells, or what the cold wind blowing feels like, what what the fear of being ran up on by a cop while hanging upside down is like, so when people are sitting there explaining their story or repr