new interpol

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the real question is...

has anyone ever seen carlos dengler and crispin glover in the same place?

...exactly... I've been thinking about that one for the longest time...

and imo, they're a pretty good live band... saw them a couple of years back...

I heard a rough version of the single a few weeks ago. I liked both albums honestly and have really wanted to see them live but never got a chance to. They're playing the Borgata in ac but I doubt I'll be going. They're headlining and the price $40 so I think I'll be passing but I really hope this album turns out well.

I'm still holding out for a return to the gloom of Turn on the Bright Lights, listening to The Heinrich Manuever it does seem like I'm going to be waiting a little longer.

You guys should give The National's latest album Boxer a tryout, some reviewers have made parallels between the two bands but the only similarities are that their rhythm sections give their songs their driving focus.

Carlos D and the cowboy pimp look made me :(

• 3 weeks later...

I think it sounds great... better than Antics.

"No I in Threesome" is pretty good, despite the terrible play on words. "Rest My Chemistry" sounds like a single, even though it's slow and might be too long.

Cover art (Museum of Natural History?) is excellent, as well.

in interpol's defense, they're hit or miss live. i caught them twice, once about 4-5 years back at the bowery ballroom, where they were incredible, and 2 years ago at jones beach w/ the pixies + lcd soundsystem (!!!!!!!!) where they were so bad that i stopped listening to them altogether. although i'm mildly curious to see how the new album is received.

the new album is so fucking amazing. the first song is pretty eerie. and whoever said that their single heinrich maneuver sounds like evil is wrong. much more of a obstacle 1 comparison.

"show me the dirtpile and I will pray that the soul can take three stow-aways." fuck!

did i really just listen to interpol sing a song about having a threesome?

with lyrics that went something like "babe its time we give something new a try for alone we may fight so let us be free tonight" ?

what the fuck did this band turn into? that first song is so good, and then i have to listen to a fucking paean to fucking threesomes?

EDIT: no seriously man, learn some new drum patterns.

this is falling way short of my standards.

i've had the new album on my ipod for a few days now. i must say it's quite similar to both previous albums but has a few fresh tracks. 'rest my chemistry' and 'all fired up' are my favourites so far.

love you interpol

im slightly dissapointed with this album. i think the heinrich maneuver, mammoth, pace is the trick, all fired up and rest my chemistry are the only decent tracks on the album. the slower songs dont have that catchy edge to them which tracks like c'mere and stella was a diver do have. maybe the album will grow on me, but for the moment theres only 5 tracks that enjoy listening too.

• 3 weeks later...

new album is alright, but it didn't tickle my indie-hipster bone as much as Turn on the Bright Lights...echoing someone else's earlier comment, I wouldn't mind if they made a whole album that sounded like "untitled" from Turn on the Bright Lights

They're a pretty good band, but it's more their image and mystique that attracts people to them ( at least for me, it is)

interpol needs to stop trying to 'grow' as a band, because it feels forced. they want to mature on purpose because they feel that they're the kind of band that needs to do that sort of thing, when they really would be best pulling an AC/DC and writing the same song in fifteen-hundred slightly different ways.

I only got the new LP a day or two ago, its slowly growing on me. It seems to have more nuance and organic, live sounds on it. Im not sure I like this aspect of it, I think I prefered the more stark, industrial production of early stuff... this is such a cliche to say but it doesnt have the same energy or potency as other stuff. Maybe ill change my mind after a dzen more listens..

the new cd's good but more importantly, did anyone get to check them out on the cover and inside pages of my current fave mag ANTHEM? =) just wanna find out who paul banks' sunglasses are by... i don't think they're DH