new interpol

anyone add any input? it's ok. the last album was ok. they could have been so much more if only they add more dynamic to their songs. at least they shook off the JD comparisons though

will still give the album a listen though, the last one had some good songs.

http://www.myspace.com/interpol

heard the song yesterday on sirius at a party...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of surprised the new album hasn't leaked yet. I like the new single, along with what I heard them play at Coachella. I doubt it'll be much of a departure from their last two albums, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Kind of surprised the new album hasn't leaked yet. I like the new single, along with what I heard them play at Coachella. I doubt it'll be much of a departure from their last two albums, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

yeah my sentiments exactly..

im looking at their tourdates, none in nyc?? wtf. that can't be right :confused:

Guest StuckOnStupid

i have a funny story about Interpol, but i dont think anyone would believe me.

well, maybe omc, but that's it.

also i like this song, it's good.

Kind of boring live though, imo.

so I shouldn't be upset I didn't get tickets for the Dallas show in a couple days which is sold out?!

But ya I've been waiting on this since late 06 they mentioned a forthcoming album early-mid 07, new single is good, I'm sure the ablum will be great.

I saw them at Radio City -- a venue where you'd assume bands/artists bring their "A-game."

Some people don't mind when songs at a concert sound exactly like the studio versions, however, I am not one of those people. I like a little spontaneity, some stage presence, slight musical variations, witty banter, some acknowledgment of the venue/crowd, something making it worth the $50 ticket cost of a ticket. Otherwise, I'd rather just enjoy the music on an ipod.

However, my opinion is based upon one show, so its not entirely fair to say that they are not a good live band. They could have been nervous.

I saw them at Radio City -- a venue where you'd assume bands/artists bring their "A-game."

Some people don't mind when songs at a concert sound exactly like the studio versions, however, I am not one of those people. I like a little spontaneity, some stage presence, slight musical variations, witty banter, some acknowledgment of the venue/crowd, something making it worth the $50 ticket cost of a ticket. Otherwise, I'd rather just enjoy the music on an ipod.

However, my opinion is based upon one show, so its not entirely fair to say that they are not a good live band. They could have been nervous.

I saw them at Coachella and it was the same way, which is dissapointing since they played soon after Jesus and Mary Chain, so I was hoping the "Awesome" factor was going to continue ramping up until they came on. Then they were kind of boring.

Then again, I've never been just a huge Interpol fan for whatever reason.

Sounds like JD.

...Jesus and Mary Chain...
How were they? I didn't realize the Reid brothers were still together.

I had a pretty obnoxious JMC tshirt with christ crucified on a cross made of two giant chainsaws and the words "Jesus Fuck" scrawled across it as if written in blood. Was looking for it just the other day but can't find it damn it... wanted to take a pic for the "Band Shirts" thread...

I dont get why people loath the JD sound so much in other bands like interpol and the editors, its not like there is gonna be another JD LP anytime soon, and they didnt produce much material in the first place. Im quite glad I can buy something that sounds like joy division actually.

This is probably my most anticipated LP for the year, its up there with Modest Mouse and the new Do Make Say Think for sure.

I dont get why people loath the JD sound so much in other bands like interpol and the editors, its not like there is gonna be another JD LP anytime soon, and they didnt produce much material in the first place. Im quite glad I can buy something that sounds like joy division actually.

This is probably my most anticipated LP for the year, its up there with Modest Mouse and the new Do Make Say Think for sure.

i don't think they sound anything like JD anymore. I guess when they first came around the voice was ianish, but their music is nothing like JD imo.

interpol sound a bit JD 'ish but its not too bad. The editors on the other hand sound EXACTLY like interpol except with worse lyrics that just makes them dull. From what i have heard of the new interpol it sounds a bit more fresh with a bit more of a kick which makes me look forward too it.

i don't think they sound anything like JD anymore. I guess when they first came around the voice was ianish, but their music is nothing like JD imo.
Totally with you on that one. The way reviewers were name dropping Joy Division after Turn on the Bright Lights came out never made much sense to me other than a way to try to gain cred or something.

Speaking of the Editors, anyone give a listen to their new album that leaked recently? I haven't listened to it yet but I've been reading that they've got more of a Coldplay vibe nowadays.

I actually like most of the Interpolish bands like Editors, Cut City, etc. Don't get me started on She Wants Revenge though.