Cutting your own hair

86'er

What are some good trimming sheer and cutting sheers on the cheap? Should I invest in a razor comb or something? If so, what kind. Suggestions please :)

I dunno which brands are good, i just bought the ones at some afro beauty store. Def get the razor comb, again i have some random cheap-as-hell one so not much help their then :P

yeah. it's a straight razor with a removable guard that works as a comb. first i thin out the bottom of the sides and back to taper it off. then i cut and add texture to the top and sides.

When you say you add texture, do you mean just gliding the razor over your hair or do you do some other shit?

I've been cutting my own hair for the 12-13 years now. I used to have it short. Since I grew it long I only cut it about once every 4 months. I used to use clippers now I only use scissors. Getting used to cutting the back is the hardest part.

i just started cutting my own hair a couple of months ago due to getting bad haircuts. my Grandpa always said the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 2 weeks. i touch it up every week or so and it only takes a few minutes. make sure do do it before a shower so you dont have little brown hairs everywhere. i used to use only scissors but now i use the wahl clippers with the #5 setting on the back and sides and scissors on the top and sides. make sure you have a second person double check your work and they should probally do the bottom the neck part. only do a little bit at a time. its better to cut your hair twice or 3 times over than cut too much off.

x post with hair products

anyway hows the cut? i think cut the neck region too much..and should cut the part above the side burn a little bit..there is some un cut hair..

firstly i shape the top part abit and then just razor it with scissor.

a little random cutting for the side + razoring again with scissor.

for the back, i followed my insting and straight razoring with scissor.

and lastly the front..i spend lot of time carefully cutting the front part..little by little again with not so random cutting..

well its messy hairstyle, so yeah mostly random razoring and cutting...

dsc00739su5.jpg

dsc00749by2.jpg

dsc00761or9.jpg