The Flat Head 3001 World Tour

PG2G

great pictures justiz

malaysia is a beautiful place, i'l be sure to do some adventuring next time i stop in KL on my way to India

If you're thinking of dropping by TokenIndianKid, drop me a line. I can perhaps direct you to the best places, depending on what you want to do.

Looking back, I didn't put up much 'Nature' shots which is a real pity. A matter of unlucky timing - the jeans arrived on a Tuesday and if they got here the weekend before, I could have put up pictures of a firefly sanctuary (http://www.fireflypark.com/).

If they had reached me the weekend before, I was at an island (http://www.pulauperhentian.com.my/) doing an endurance challenge/race (http://perhentianislandchallenge.com/) I would have been able to take really, really nice pictures here. Beatle, if you like sun,sand and surf I highly recommend visiting this island. It cannot be from October till January though because that's when the monsoon season is.

no doubt man thank you very much for the hospitality

i love doing outdoor stuff, i know Malaysia is dense with tropical forest, just trekking around through there would be an adventure enough!!

maybe if i went on a 2 week trip and started out with brand new denimzzzzz some aldens and a redmoon haha then we could see the evoution and how humidity effects indigo loss

Okay, these actually came in on Monday afternoon, so I ran out to take some progress pics.

Front:

flat3k1bkk2bm8.jpg

Back:

flat3k1bkk6oy6.jpg

The patch is starting to get pretty beat up...

flat3k1bkk5aj5.jpg

The belt is breaking in nicely too:

fhbelt2dq0.jpg

Anyhow, they're breaking in pretty nicely. Combs are slightly faded, whiskers as well. There's one or two more pics up on the blog, and I should have some more images up by tomorrow or so. So in the meanwhile, this mediocre Thai beer is for you, Superfuture!

fh3k1cheers1pz3.jpg

Heh. Thanks for the responses guys. I'll put the finishing touches on the movie soon, and remember that Kuala Lumpur is NOT Jakarta (sorry Justiz2!). Slap some newsreel music on there-finishing it up was postponing the pics here, so I just went ahead for now.

Anyhow, took the jeans out to a mall nearby-normally not too interesting, but this one has basically been restructured into a big indoor market instead of a bunch of boring chain stores. It's not anywhere near as interesting as Sian Square or MBK, but it has it's charms:

The Upstairs-mostly old lady clothes, traditional garments, and teak furniture:

fh3k1seri4gt1.jpg

What does your average Bangkok kid beast over? Bootleg Ed Hardy merchandise, I guess.

fh3k1seri1dc3.jpg

In the basement: The food stalls. Dozens of kinds of pork!

fh3k1seri2ig3.jpg

And produce and whatnot:

fh3k1seri3jp4.jpg

And flowers for offering at the temples:

fh3k1seri5li5.jpg

That's it for now-More pics later on.

Thanks John. Guess I've got a lot of free time last month...:-)

Anyhow, inspired by Largo's video, this is a little something I scribbled out. Keep in mind I'm not a graphics designer or anything remotely to it

Tourmap2.jpg

I hope I've got the locations more or less accurate....

hey largo, if you have time would it be possible to see what are the measurements on this pair now? im curious to see where they've stretched and shrunk.

Sure thing:

Pre Wash Measurements (from SelfEdge Site)

Waist 33

Inseam 37

Thigh 11.8

Hem 8.3

Front Rise 11

Current Measurements

Waist 34.6 (measured it flatx2-seems high?) (88cm)

Inseam 34.5 (88cm)

Thigh 10.2 (26cm)

Hem 8 (20.5cm)

Front Rise 10.2 (26cm)

I'd say compared to what Kiya said and the charts, these have a fair amount of shrinkage left in the waist.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, got back from my visa run to Laos!

Wasn't much to report before then-dropped off my relative at the new airport, Suvarnabhumi. It's not quite high season yet since so the place is relatively empty.

flat3k1suvarnpu8.jpg

Few days after that, it was time to skip the country myself. The new airport is shiny, but the old one, Don Mueang, has this aged '70s jet-set disco feel to it. There were some local celebrities wandering around from the god-awful American Idol-esque Academy Fantasia show, but I neglected to get my picture taken with them.

flat3k1donmueangpq1.jpg

A stiff drink in the terminal, and then it was about an hour north to Udon Thani airport, and another hour to the border at Nongkhai by bus. Then....waiting in line to check out of the country.

flat3k1thaiexit1so0.jpg

A Thai friend of mine picked me up at the duty-free shops, and we drove up to Vientiane, the capital of Laos. It's a pretty dull ride, mostly farmland until you hit the city. I DO find water buffalo oddly hilarious for some reason so.....

flat3k1laokwai1us9.jpg

Then, into the city proper to relax and take a break until we headed out to the disco. Between my trip and the celebratory Beer Laos I'd drank upon arrival, I barely lasted a few hours before heading back. The next night went a little better, with mandatory Azn Group Photo to boot (who can pick the fey Lao gay dude out of the group?).

flat3k1grp1qc4.jpg

So, after more Beer Lao and a trip to the Thai consulate, all I had to do was kill time. I appreciate the fact that drinking heavily in Vientiane is practically a patriotic act. They're very uh...supportive of their brewery in the city. So, I took a visit to the Chinese Market (empty, sucked), the Morning Market (not so bad, fake Rolexes and Thai Levis 'Repros'), a random beer stall on the river, and a local wat (Temple).

flat3k1watlao1ld4.jpg

The Graveyard section of the Wat. Always kind of creepy.

flat3k1watlao2kk6.jpg

Buddha w/seven headed Naga.

There really wasn't a lot else to see. Vientiane isn't necessarily that small a city, but it's spread out and most of the interesting and/or accessible landmarks and areas are fairly close together. Once my friend had gone back to Bangkok, I rented a room for two days in the heart of the tourist district:

flat3k1laost1hg6.jpg

Compared to Sukhumvit in Bangkok or well....anywhere, this is pretty mellow. Guest houses, tailors, and a few spa/massage places. Since I had met up with two Lao people who worked in the area (aforementioned Gay dude and a girl who lived out on the outskirts of Vientiane-stayed at her house one night and was woken up vaguely hung over by the sounds of roosters and cavorting goats-good times!), I demanded we go to a local disco for whatever passed for a Halloween party.

flat3k1laodisco1go7.jpg

I'm not sure anyone has any idea what the hell Halloween is for, but there was the typical mix of drunken backpackers, Laotian club kids, and a few working girls on the prowl. It was a good time, and this particular place, the disco at Don Jon hotel, stays open two hours past curfew, until 2 am! Scandalous!

So, I woke up early, said goodbye to my Lao friends, and headed back, stopping briefly to get drunk on the border at the Duty-Free while I could still buy Beer Lao.

flat3k1brlao1fp0.jpg

Then, a flight back south to Bangkok with my new visa (only valid for 3 months....jackasses). This is long enough for now, so I'll leave it be for now. Sorry for the delay (the internet cafes in Vientiane blow)!

Jeans update:

It's only been about half the Thailand Tour so far, but I was still a little surprised inspecting these. I know Kiya said the 3001 denim fades fast, but still....

flat3k1bkk7pr7.jpg

The 'knee combs' are starting to fade in pretty noticeably, and there's some light 'train tracks' fading in fast as well.

flat3k1bkk8qn6.jpg

The roping is beginning to look nice as well. I slipped a zippo in the coin pocket a la Ryu, and it's already a really defined fade.

flat3k1bkk9jn6.jpg

The combs are setting in nicely, and should be starting to get very distinct by the time I send them off to Cotton Duck. I carry a small metal case for cigarettes, loose change, or whatever in my back left pocket-as you can see, it's already left a distinct imprint. If anyone's against it (or the zippo fade), let me know. I have no problems with fades by group decision.

One other thing: Cotton, you have some nice boots and leather stuff-do you have any Pecard's or Obenauf's leather conditioners? I was going to put a layer of mink oil on the belt, but if you have 'the good stuff', it can wait.