Chinese:

Fortune House

Falafel:

... I think it's call falafel? Beside fortune house

Sushi:

Iron Chef House

Miso

Carry on

you been to 5 guys burgers yet? heard its supposed to be good...like west coast in and out...

and if you want good pizza, you should try Lucalis in Carroll Gardens...good stuff

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they all live in murray hill. it's like the laws of physics, you can't break them.

jewish girls from the east coast graduate college and move to manhattan, somewhere between 1st ave and and lex, from 30th street to 41st. don't try to understand it, just accept it.

and yes, they all suck. but they're also stupid, sheepish, and generally not that attractive (even though they all think they're the hottest things on the planet) , so it doesn't really matter.

for further reading, please see http://ijc.typepad.com/

will rep later

interesting reading

will read when im done studyign

you been to 5 guys burgers yet? heard its supposed to be good...like west coast in and out...

and if you want good pizza, you should try Lucalis in Carroll Gardens...good stuff

I've been to the 5 guys on Montague. It's very good, much better than I'd expected. The burgers are a little sloppy, and heavy on the toppings, but other then that they're spot on.

Lucali makes a great pizza... I live right around the corner, but don't go as often as i should. It's BYOB, and the bodega right on that corner has a great beer selection (by bodega standards).

Also, Lichee Nut should be added to the good BK Heights Chinese food list. It's the only place in BK I'll get Chinese from.

yo, does anyone know of an awesome pizza place somewhere near midtown east???????

werd...33rd and 3rd is patsys

and there is a slice place on 33rd right off of 5th, next door to that hot dog spot.....they make some good slices...nice and crispy with sweet sauce........had a few times after long nights at 3rd floor

joes burgers is pretty fucking good. it be in flushing though. corner of main and roosevelt.

5 guys is ok. its clean in there, at least they got that going for them. My friend over hyped it to me, and when i finally went, nothing could have been as good as what i was expecting. (aside from corner bistro and in and out! :P )

the fries are huge, a large is more than 2 people need.

i forgot about carl's steaks. that place is the hot shit.

murray hill is all jewish ladies. for that reason its hell on the weekends for it attracts a rare breed of jersey meathead trash on the prowl.

werd. carl's has stepped it up from the last time i tried their cheese steaks. they now pack mad meat (nh), the bread is soft and the fries are really good even though it's not waffle fries. definitely a top contender for best cheese steak in new york. the only thing they could work on is dicing up the onions smaller. i'm speaking on the chambers street location btw, haven't tried the midtown one yet.

and another decently priced spot i've been going to a lot recently is cafe orlins on 8th st. btwn 1st and 2nd ave. closer to 2nd ave. their dishes and the prices for that area is an awesome deal. nice atmostphere with a good mix of all types of people. their mushroom ravioli in a creamy basil sauce is to die for, and the steak with fries, an actual healthy serving. they also have a patio during the warmer weather and i heard their sunday all you can eat brunch is great too.

cafe orlins is ok. kind of dark. but good thing is its open late (i think 24 hr). But if you like steak frites, might as well just stick with Les Halles, as it still is the best steak frites (maybe on earth).

Pizza? Pizza 33 on 33rd and 3rd is pretty good. But i think the best pizza places are generally more downtown/in brooklyn. Patsy's is good once in a blue moon, but the pies tend to get too soggy for my taste (but their sauce is decent).

I'm going to open a joint in Murray Hill called "Corny White Comfort Food"

it's already been done, man. mama's down on B. best fucking comfort food you'll ever have. it's better than your mom's!

hands down the best pizza i've had in NYC has to be Luigi's across from Pratt on DeKalb.

Where's your favorite fallafel or shwaerma? I still haven't found one.

beraket's domer sammie is decent but their lentil soup is real good. also their baklava is the best i've ever had...pretty sweet and i always feel like i ned a glass of milk to wash it down. their rice pudding is pretty good too...

my favorite falafel came from a cart on 6th avenue and 46th....not sure if its there any more but there was a rabbi behind counter...came with little pickles....

But if you like steak frites, might as well just stick with Les Halles, as it still is the best steak frites (maybe on earth).

balthazar has better steak frites.

I used to think mamouns was really really good till I had it recently, I havent had it in like 6 years. Had it two weeks ago and It was kind of bland, the tahini was watered down, and veggies were ehh. Chickpea was good before they introduced the baked crap. Pick-a-pita in the garmet district is decent. Anyone try Maoz yet?

Landmarc has a doesnt have steak frites per se, but they do a great hanger and frites with choice of sauce.

beraket's domer sammie is decent but their lentil soup is real good. also their baklava is the best i've ever had...pretty sweet and i always feel like i ned a glass of milk to wash it down. their rice pudding is pretty good too...

my favorite falafel came from a cart on 6th avenue and 46th....not sure if its there any more but there was a rabbi behind counter...came with little pickles....

its still there

come to astoria and I take u to a falafel cart where models line up in droves.

it's already been done, man. mama's down on B. best fucking comfort food you'll ever have. it's better than your mom's!

hands down the best pizza i've had in NYC has to be Luigi's across from Pratt on DeKalb.

Where's your favorite fallafel or shwaerma? I still haven't found one.

I aint talkin' bout the food, I'm talkin corny white waitresses and having a doorman only let in corny white joos. Anyways, I'll try Luigi's, it's 10 blocks from where I live.

best falafel in the city, easily, is pita pan cafe.

23rd street and 8th avenue

crackingly crisp outside, creamy, herby inside

good tahini, subtle hot sauce, fresh vegetables, free pita chips dusted in red crack powder.

go now.