Superfood Nyc

mlproject

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dumpling house of eldridge is called vanessas dumplings, My friends parents run it, it has gained alot of local celebrity, they opened one on union square (with slightly higher prices but a larger variety) and you are now the first to know one is opening late summer uptown.

I also reccomend joes shanghai on mott and pell st... a big tourist spot but i love it, i have take my lady there 6 or 7 times in the past 3 weeks.

If youre gonna go get the steamed pork dumplings.. these kickass dumplings with soup inside, you bite a small hole, suck out the soup and then eat the dumpling.. and the pork pan fried noodles.. Trust me $15 for the both of us, cant beat it.

if you talking queens....

favorite chicken spot

Pio Pio

think they have some in the city as well

favorite hot dog spot

Dominics blue truck

been there about 20 years id say

both are on Woodhaven Blvd, in between Metropolitan Ave. and Queens Blvd....sorry no exact addresses

not mexican (seriously, just take the R train to sunset park), but my new favorite deal in the city is the lobster roll platter at Fairway in Red Hook. 8 bucks and includes cole slaw, chips and pickle. compare to 12 bucks at come places in manhattan for a lobster roll with no sides.

i'm from lobster country, and while it's not as good as some of the good maine lobster rolls, it's a pretty excellent value.

not mexican (seriously, just take the R train to sunset park), but my new favorite deal in the city is the lobster roll platter at Fairway in Red Hook. 8 bucks and includes cole slaw, chips and pickle. compare to 12 bucks at come places in manhattan for a lobster roll with no sides.

i'm from lobster country, and while it's not as good as some of the good maine lobster rolls, it's a pretty excellent value.

Fairway's sandwich platters are reasonably priced, but I think the sandwiches themselves fucking suck. Perhaps your precious Lobster roll is better. I will try it and report back as I work down the road from there.

New green bo in chinatown for soup dumplings and pork sandwiches

Chinatown ice cream across the street

this man speaks the truth. new green bo is one of the dirtiest, slimiest holes i've ever eaten in, but the food speaks for itself, and it's dirt cheap. i usually go with 2-3 friends, and our bill has never come out to more than 7-8 bucks a piece. the soup dumplings and scallion pancakes are perfection.

a scoop of black sesame, taro, or almond cookie ice cream from across the street usually seals the deal for a cheap, cardiac disease inducing 10$ dinner.

i live right around the corner... Adriatic has officially been pwned by Vinny Vincenz on 1st ave b/t 13th & 14th.

Your close, but no cigar.

Pizza Muzzerella, on ave A between 13th and 14th, closer to 14th on the west side of the st.

My god do i miss the pizza there. Its really, really, great. From the focacia slices, to the chicken tomato onion sice, i can not push this place loud enough, give it a try.

Your close, but no cigar.

Pizza Muzzerella, on ave A between 13th and 14th, closer to 14th on the west side of the st.

My god do i miss the pizza there. Its really, really, great. From the focacia slices, to the chicken tomato onion sice, i can not push this place loud enough, give it a try.

i'll have to try that soon. i'm moving to carroll gardens w/ my woman next month.

supposedly there's a place called Lucali in that area which makes some bomb pizza, more in the vain of Una Pizza Napolitan, not your corner-slice variety.

i'm gonna miss the EV like crazy. i can already feel my body detoxing from ninth street espresso on sundays...

ps - for anyone slaving 9-5's in midtown east, Pampano Tacos in the basement of the big building on 3rd ave b/t 49th & 50th has some unreal fish tacos... you can get 2 tacos, a drink, chips + salsa, rice + beans for less than 9 bucks.

funny, I just finished eating my last taco from Pampano Tacqueria as I clicked on this thread. I skip the bean/rice extra and just get three tacos for lunch, camarones is my personal favorite.

for other lunch food in midtown www.midtownlunch.com is a pretty decent place to look for new spots to try out.

Shoppin's General Store, aka Kenny's...

reopening soon....