denim contest: dubbleworks 660 interst check

cheep

which do you want?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. which do you want?

• yes, 34 inseam
    • yes, 36 inseam

Thanks for the info.

I'm out on this now, due to inseam, but sounds like it will be a great contest.

I find it implausible for Warehouse to say "its not possible to make a 36 inseam" - its perfectly possible - just be honest and say "we cant be bothered", rather than lie. :rolleyes:

Anyway, rant over. Looks like it will be a great contest for those who can join.

Where's BP - I'm back in the Sugar Cane comp!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeffvyain

I won't be able to be in for sure until BIG does their wash/dry method on these and gives us solid feedback on the inseam. 36 was ideal, 34 is minimum. If warehouse can't pull a solid, measured 34 post-wash, they're not trying very hard to make this a truly special item. It almost sounds like they're not changing it at all.

nobody actually needs a 36 inseam post soak anyway. i can live without ridiculous stacking on my jeans.

Well I'm 6'6" so speak for yourself.

But I hope the contest goes well for everybody involved.

Thanks for the info.

I find it implausible for Warehouse to say "its not possible to make a 36 inseam" - its perfectly possible - just be honest and say "we cant be bothered", rather than lie. :rolleyes:

Yeah - it's kind of said...I also thought that going a bit out of their way would be a great rep for the brand...

It sucks for all those who really need a 36 inseam...

But I guess the majority will be fine with 34 prewash...

Guest jeffvyain

looks like a great fit, if you're a shorty. Guess we'll have to see, but I'm guessing they'll lose a lot of possible customers by going with the short length. 150 people wanting these is a lot different economies of scale than 250...

Man, for the first time, being semi-vertically challenged has actually benefited me somewhat, heh. Though, that sucks for the taller sufu'ers out there...

Still a lot of details left I'm sure, but if the price can be kept low like originally thought and pre-order payments aren't collected tooooo soon, I'm still stoked and in this epic mutha'.

ok... we will be able to have a 36" post shrink inseam... bad japanese translation... sorry for the confusion. warehouse has never sold jeans that long... so this is a first.

heres what we have confirmed so far.

*660 cut

*1000xx denim

*Original leather patch

*Warehouse hardware

*Raw unwashed state

*36" post wash inseam

fit pics and measurements should happen next week.

ok... we will be able to have a 36" post shrink inseam... bad japanese translation... sorry for the confusion. warehouse has never sold jeans that long... so this is a first.

heres what we have confirmed so far.

*660 cut

*1000xx denim

*Original leather patch

*Warehouse hardware

*Raw unwashed state

*36" post wash inseam

fit pics and measurements should happen next week.

Can it get any better:D

I'm back in!!!

pre orders should be able to start by the end of next week. i think it will be an extra 10$ for the post shrink 36 inseam... but like i said, this is somethign warehouse is only doing for us, and has never done before.

oh, and usually, to get this kind of customization, you would need 2000+ pairs ordered, so this is really somethign special. japanese shop minimums are usually around 1000 pair, and they get what warehouse gives them.

yeah... this is... these are some real special jeans. WH has never done the following:

raw

36" inseam

dubbleworks is also the budget brand. usually they use non-brand specific denim, but we are getting denim that is only used by warehouse, and only in the 1000xx. we also get upgraded hardware, and a leather patch insted of paper. and all of this at around japanese retail for the cheaper version of the jeans.