World-wide denim project

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap I've been away from computers for a while. I spent the past week in Geneva cycling almost every day and right now am in Lausanne before heading through Fribourg to go see Newsom then upto Bern before flying to Brussels.

I lose my disposable camera but I've still got my back up, so thats not much of a problem. I might wash the jeans a few days before I send them out.

I'd upload some pictures but this internet cafe computer doesn't seem to have a case, just the monitor, mouse and keyboard.

I got the jeans on the 8th so I'll send them out on the 6th like lily did.

theetruscan I think those jeans look great, should we keep using them for the comp or what happens to them now?

theetruscan I think those jeans look great, should we keep using them for the comp or what happens to them now?

They're headed back to Kiya. They're retired.

They are unwearable. the faded spots faded through rot, and basically I can push my finger through them in spots they're so weak. I mean, they had no holes before the first wash. The back fell apart after 1 wash, with a crotch hole and about 5 holes in the lower legs. The second wash saw a hole in the ass, 3 more in the crotch, a collection of leg holes joining into one as more of the jeans disintegrated and a handful of other holes appear. Also, the patch falling off is indicative of the state of the stitching. the jeans are probably 20 minutes of wear from looking like a blue version of the old woman's rags from Princess Bride.

It's not like bits fell off either. I had to wipe all those frayed, rotten, destroyed threads off the inside of the washer. Kiya wants to hold on to the jeans and camera to display alongside the ones you're wearing right now when it's all over.

I'm going to have to take a temporary leave of absence from this awsome experiment. I have too much on my plate right now and would not have the time to devote to the jeans. My turn will have to be pushed back to some time next year.

Alright then, the list as it went was :

FAIL - theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris (June-July)

Finished - I_miss_lily - Calgary, Canada (August - September)

Received - beardedpotato - Australia / Europe(September - October)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (October - November)

Topvillian (November - December)

40ozprophet - philly, PA - (December - January)

Sais - NY (January - Febuary)

Tyro1 UK - (Febuary -March)

will_i_am - NJ (March - April)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (April - May)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (May - June)

masuerte - LA, CA - (June - July)

Selfedge - July

With Justin asking to be put later, how does this look?:

Topvillian (October)

40ozprophet - philly, PA - (November)

will_i_am - NJ (December)

Sais - NY (January)

Tyro1 UK - (Febuary)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (March)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (April)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (May)

masuerte - LA, CA - (June)

Selfedge - July

Sent out a PM. Hopefully we'll hear from top and bearded shortly. Hopefully we'll get some pics too.

Edit: Read back through the thread. Bearded lost his disposable traveling europe, posted from an internet cafe, disappeared. Assuming he's still good to go, he mentioned planning to send out the jeans on October 6.

Villain Reporting for duty...

Hey Top, you won't need to mail the jeans out until after your month of wear. When that happens, Kiya asked (IIRC, I'm not digging through the thread) to use one of the faster options (not overnight, but things like Express Saver), which will probably run you like $15.00? If I'm wrong someone should correct me, but I think I've got things right.

Also, I sent your address on to beardedpotato who should be sending the jeans out to you sometime very shortly. when you get them, remember:

1) Buy a disposable camera, take pictures of stuff.

2) Use your digital camera to take pictures of the jeans all the time for us.

Ummm, yeah, that's it. When did I start organizing things? I'm fucking lazy.

EDIT: The disposable cameras everyone buys are to be sent back to Selfedge, not on to the next participant.

Gah!

Ok, so right now I'm Brussels, about to go to Antwerp for the weekend. I was going to send these out on the 6th but thats a weekend so they'll be good to go on Monday.

Pics are coming soon, taking pictures of the pants you're wearing is really the last thing you think about when travelling, but I've got a few progression pics. They're starting to fade really nicely and i am really interested to see how much more them got in them. I washed them, warm wash, no powder, yesterday and let them dry for a bit before wearing them damp, didn't have time to wait.

I've taken a lot of photos with my back up disposable, still a shame though, got some quality pics on the first one.

Topvillan, can you pm your address so i know where these babies are heading next.

Apologies for getting lost and not taking more photos. Everyone needs to go to Switzerland.

With Justin asking to be put later, how does this look?:

40ozprophet - philly, PA - (October)

will_i_am - NJ (November)

Sais - NY (December)

wEstSidE - Virginia / New Jersey - (January)

Tyro1 UK - (Febuary)

justinbaily21 - VA/SC (March)

ktouran6923 - Boston, Mass - (April)

masuerte - LA, CA - (May)

Selfedge - July

Top has asked to bow out. Prophet, you're up. PM beardedpotato your info. If Top changes his mind, we'll fit him back in later. New tentative order posted. Let me know if it works.

Ok, in Rotterdam. I sent the jeans off on Tuesday from Antwerp. I asked for the fastest method and told them I need to make sure it arrives, I'm not sure how well she spoke English but she seemed to understand the urgency.

40oz take some photos when you get them, I left my camera cable at someones house so need to find someone with one, then I'll upload some progress pics.

I left some pretty hefty fades on them.