For the Ladies..Your best fitting Raw's you have found and why?

intodeep

fndmybetterhalf...Thanks for posting up pics...I am loving the veggie selvage...GORGEOUS!!!!!

I think I may need a pair of those like quick...haha..

So the consensus is Linda skulls are good...

I am a high heel, tight jeans tank top kind of gal, so anything that is to sloppy I dont feel comfortable in. Are Linda skulls good with heels, I havent seen many actual pics of ladies wearing them to know.

seraphieL is your girlfriend pretty small? Do you mind telling me her normal jean size?

Did the size 1 just stretch way to much for her to be comfortable in.

I hate making sizing decisions, and there is nowhere I can try on skulls, unless catch is carrying them, but last time i talked with them they where only carrying sling and stones.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fndmybetterhalf...Thanks for posting up pics...I am loving the veggie selvage...GORGEOUS!!!!!

I think I may need a pair of those like quick...haha..

So the consensus is Linda skulls are good...

I am a high heel, tight jeans tank top kind of gal, so anything that is to sloppy I dont feel comfortable in. Are Linda skulls good with heels, I havent seen many actual pics of ladies wearing them to know.

Unless your 5'6 and taller, I don't think Skull Lindas look good on petite girls. The inseam is incredibly long for a women's jeans and the stacking on the heels wouldn't look swell. My girlfriend is actually getting these jeans hemmed as we speak, so if you do get the Skull Lindas, hem them and don't overdose on the stacking.

Nudie SSKs or KMWs or Sling&Stones look pretty splendid with heels.

i want to buy my girlfriend a pair of skull lindas, but she isnt really happy getting jeans she cant try on, she says "girls have to try jeans on, because you wont know what they look like until you wear them, it's different than with guys"

is this true?

No, your girlfriend is just a sexist biznitch.

yaddabooboo

for honest use the SEARCH feature (there's a thread about this full up with pics. :) ).

anyway...

best fitting "raw" for me =

April 77 Joey Overdrives (my first and fav raw/unwashed--and are legging thin w/ 2% elastene--size down for skin tight look and they will stretch to become much more comfortable)

Skull Linda One-wash -- wish they came more tapered, may buy 5010xx 6x6 in the future. these are fairly slim through the thigh but are definitely boot cut--which is hard/strange for me after all my skinnyjeans.

criticisms =

Sling & Stones may be top notch quality, but they've made the asses of all the ppl who've posted on here kinda look bad. I don't think any jean is worth 300 and i dislike gold plating on jeans. call me a pleb or boring. the rach and rebs look pretty decent on the model--still wouldn't buy them over skulls (if the lindas just got more tapered and were full selvage it would be perfect!).

Denimbirds ... mind as well go with Nudies imo, because denimbirds' quality isn't that great. Plus I prefer to arcuates of Nudies over Denimbirds anyday.

others to look into =

Diesel, GStar, Earnest Sewn, Cheap Monday make much better tapered raw for women than men.

Nudies have been fine in my experience with Thin Finns

I definitely like the quality of APC for the price as well...the cuts are kind of m'eh, but i have only tried on the new cures.

and yes girls have to try on jeans. women are much more differently shaped amongst ourselves and we have a crazy variety of shapes and sizes. what looks good on me may not look great on others even if we're the same height and weight. so just try on jeans, and honestly don't diss diesel or gstar--and go with what makes you look good and is decent quality denim.

also take a gander at Blue in Green (NYC). i like them the best and got my Lindas in-store from them... also had a good selection of PBJ and other women's cuts in japanese denim lines.

my SS rachels are coming in tomorrow and I'll post pics of the fit. I have a pair of Ande WHall Rakers, they were stiff as fuck when I got them, absolutely no stretch but still pretty skintight. hurt my hipbones for a while but now that they've got some wear into them they're just perfect. I can't wait to see how they fade.

4lzzq09.jpg

i have a pair of womens' pbj slim from BiG.

when i first got them they were a bitch to get on but after a while stretched and have been just the perfect fit ever since. so far the fading on these have been very nice but i do wish they were more tapered. stacking is a little long but keep in mind that i am 5'1"/154 cm

My girl and I went to SF and she tried on a bunch of Sling and Stones, Skull lindas, Geisha, etc.

We by chance went to Rolo and she tried on their Jean Shop model for women, I think its called something like "boycut". They honestly looked better than the skulls. straight cut $245 and orange selvage.

gf is about 5ft 1in, 100 lbs, usually size 0 or 2

Hmm. Okay I am definitely getting a pair of these. Do you think you can tell me what the rise and hem are on these?

4lzzq09.jpg

i have a pair of womens' pbj slim from BiG.

when i first got them they were a bitch to get on but after a while stretched and have been just the perfect fit ever since. so far the fading on these have been very nice but i do wish they were more tapered. stacking is a little long but keep in mind that i am 5'1"/154 cm

Btt...I am 5'5 so I think with heels I am around 5'9 ...I truly have my heart set on some lindas...just wanted to hear how the ladies felt about them...

Isoform I read that whole thread raw for women, It is a good reference no doubt!!

As for the Skull Lindas I am worried about a loser leg fit as well...the skinny leg has grown on me something fierce. I bought April 77's last week just awaiting their arival, Hopefully I will love them as much as you love yours!!!

As for diesel jeans...I have a 2 dozen pairs in every style so no more for me.

I would like to try the A.P.C hipsters...some of the ladies have raved on them...:)

seraphieL is your girlfriend pretty small? Do you mind telling me her normal jean size?

Did the size 1 just stretch way to much for her to be comfortable in.

I hate making sizing decisions, and there is nowhere I can try on skulls, unless catch is carrying them, but last time i talked with them they where only carrying sling and stones.

She's around a size 26. Her size 1 Skull Linda's stretched quite a bit. I think she'd be happier if she sized down to a 0.

You just have some curve, which is good.

yes, yes it is.

(not commenting to be a perv;), commenting because curves should be more welcomed)

She's around a size 26. Her size 1 Skull Linda's stretched quite a bit. I think she'd be happier if she sized down to a 0.

whoaa? i,m a natural waist 26 (most jeans i get are 26 or 25) and had to go with i think a size 2 in the Lindas (but i wouldn't mind them being baggy in the end). i would suggest that if yer ordering them online to use skulls' measuring chart or wait and go to BiG or whoever else stocks and try them on yerself. (or the best option eMail-msg the good ppl at FabFour to help you out). :]

i am more curvy and not very tall and it's a bitch to find nice fitting jeans that dont make my butt or thighs look fat.i would love to have some cool raw denim ones but i would never buy some without trying them on.buying jeans is really a nightmare for me.

Ahh...Rale I was just looking up sizing onfo on the A.P.C hipsters...I love the way they look!!!

I am more into skinnier cuts then boot fits, so they would work for me.

How far down did you size in your hipsters? One or two from regular waist size?

i only sized down one, but i would size down two if i were you. mine are looser than i would have liked.

I have the linda's as well, I wear a 28/27 in True Religion, Seven, Etc.and I went ahead and got a three, and it took pain and suffering to get them to fit right (bruises on hipbones, little hematomas that followed the path of my whisker creases, severe itching when I took them off because my skin had lost circulation while they were on) for a couple days, but after that breaking in (hello damp stretch) they fit perfect. They are skin tight without pulling or having any weird areas all the way down to just above my knee, and then just fairly tight the rest of the way down.

I didn't size down at all, I actually techinically sized up, because my waist measurement normally is 31 for a lower rise and i went with one that measures 31.5 for a higher rise.... which after my butt stretched the jeans to hell somehow managed to shrink.

I'll get up some fit pics of mine in a bit.

kk pics up:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/keri_lynn_dell/0528071251o.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/keri_lynn_dell/0528071254.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/keri_lynn_dell/0528071254r.jpg

who helped you with picking out sizing? i cry fer yer waist right now b/c from what i understood (and this made me feel less fat when i couldn't fit in the zero or one) was that skull measures their jeans flat and unbuttoned--and since the lindas fit lower on the waist they're supposed to measure bigger than yer natural waist size anyway.

anyways, just got PBJ women's tapered w/ 5% stretch... lovely (and props to SOD's pic here). i sized down just in case so it's not exactly comfortable but i can button + zip, my ass is just flattened. the color is very nice and rich. i'll edit pics in later.

...mkay, but i'm really...really not going to buy anymore. in fact i need to sell a lot of my clothes to make me feel better and to clear up my closet.

I think my girlfriend just got a loose fitting pair of size 1 Linda's. When her black size 1 Linda's came in, they were much tighter than the indigo ones and took longer to put on and break in. Then again, the indigo Linda's came raw and the black ones were one wash. Hope that info helps.

I had a surprise fit for a girl. My wife is a hippy lady with a 31 waist and we accidentily found out that a pair of RRL I ordered for myself (tagged 27) it is the slim fit straight leg ones from I think 2 years ago fit her very well. We are in the process of stretching out the thighs just a bit. (using the wet wear method) But once we get them fitting really well I will post some pics. And for 40 bucks how can you beat that.

Also what other women is going to have sandfordized straightleg japanese selvedge denim with grey/bluy selvedge line with a nice high cuff!?

X-posted from the other womens thread

Hey everybody, just a sizing/fit question about the Linda's.

My girlfriend has a pair of the Denimbirds bootcut (which I think isn't around anymore) in 27", and she can just fit into a 27" Nudie Super Slim Kim.

I was wondering if anyone with Lindas has any experience with the Slim Kims, and can compare sizing and the shape.

Thanks in advance!!

• 1 year later...

I wear 25 SSK, they're real comfortable now though couldn't button them originally.

00 in skull lindas has probably made me barren. But they button up. They're 100% cotton and hence do not stretch much. I'd go with 1, or even a 2 for a size 27.