falling out of love with your jeans :a single tear:

so the dirty dozen +1 is sponsored by BIG and the scrawny 13 is sponsored by context? are the contest correlated at all?

i think it would be interesting if both competitions began and ended in NYC.

do the dd+1 have a model yet? id like to find a compromise between slim and repro jeans.

so its still a month per person right? so 13 months?

if we get what i would like, it will be a repro... but a fucking awesome one.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the dirty dozen +1 is sponsored by BIG and the scrawny 13 is sponsored by context? are the contest correlated at all?

i think it would be interesting if both competitions began and ended in NYC.

do the dd+1 have a model yet? id like to find a compromise between slim and repro jeans.

so its still a month per person right? so 13 months?

a little friendly competition/comparison between groups would be neat if they, by chance, start roughly around the same time

yeah, still a month per person so a year and a month for both groups

theres now BiG, and Context, if a w31 group gets started up maybe give kiya a shout? itll be like the the Big Three, 'cept with blue jeans instead of treaties and all that

We need to start up a 34" waist contest with a pair of Samurai 5000 VXs.

Context will sponsor the 28-29s

BiG will sponsor the 30-32s with cheep's repro

Hopefully Kiya will be nice enough to donate a pair to the 34" group

Big three denim shops each have one group and, at the end, they all hang them proudly in their stores.

I'll try to organize the 34" waist group. We'll need 13 to compete alongside the others.

1. justinbaily21 - Virginia / South Carolina

We need to start up a 34" waist contest with a pair of Samurai 5000 VXs.

Context will sponsor the 28-29s

BiG will sponsor the 30-32s with cheep's repro

Hopefully Kiya will be nice enough to donate a pair to the 34" group

Big three denim shops each have one group and, at the end, they all hang them proudly in their stores.

I'll try to organize the 34" waist group. We'll need 13 to compete alongside the others.

1. justinbaily21 - Virginia / South Carolina

well add me and theetruscan to that group if you are getting a 34 going, but as I said I will be travelling around the world, so destination is variable. However I'll be in the uk nov - feb

Self Edge (tentative) "Regular Fit" group:

1. theetruscan - Uganda, Morocco, London, Paris

2. Tyro1 - UK

3. justinbaily21 - VA/SC

4. will_i_am - NJ

5. beardedpotato - Australia / Europe

I've sent an email and promised to include the title of the sponsor in our group name. Send me a PM with your location if you want to be included in the 34" waist group. I'm aiming for a pair of Sams so that a 36" inseam and a regular fit will exclude nobody.

That could work out as I'll be in europe from august onwards, aussie expat hand over?

I am up for the 34 group. I live in Sydney at the moment but am going to Europe for a month in september, so could hand them over to someone over there personally?

That could work out as I'll be in europe from august onwards, aussie expat hand over?

This is sexy and exciting. I'll let you know when my dates are for my trip. These jeans need to see Australia though so I might get them early so one of us can wear them here. I was trying to find some jeans to break in on my trip but this is a much better idea.

Our pair will be the Flat Head 5003s.

Flat Head S5003

Flat Head brings their infamous denim to fans that enjoy a relaxed cut based after a 1940's style pair of jeans. Complete with hidden rivets and an amazing pierce through cinch-back not found on many jeans any longer.

This is Flat Head's first time releasing this model and it's an amazing choice as a straight leg relaxed cut in denim that breathes well due to it's weight. The fading properties on these jeans are what Flat Head are known for. Intense vertical fading and after only twenty wears or so the dark denim gives way to a bright blue indigo fade which results in great contrast over time. We've never never seen contrast this intense form on denim from any other manufacturer before.

Raw Japanese Selvedge

13.75 ounce Indigo Denim

Cinch Back

1940's Inspired

Relaxed Fit

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=208

It's like it was fated or something. The weight, hardware and fit is exactly what I would like to have in our pair. The tag even says "World's Standard." I guess that we will put that claim to the test! Everybody still sure about the 34" as opposed to a 33" in this cut? Just trying to confirm everything ASAP if we're to have theetruscan wearing them in the jungle by mid-June.

It's like it was fated or something. The weight, hardware and fit is exactly what I would like to have in our pair. The tag even says "World's Standard." I guess that we will put that claim to the test! Everybody still sure about the 34" as opposed to a 33" in this cut? Just trying to confirm everything ASAP if we're to have theetruscan wearing them in the jungle by mid-June.

I would have to bow out from a 33 I imagine. I don't know that I could ever get the waist cinched. I have some spare room in washed XX-007s in a 36, but 34s are often not the loosest for me.

I'm writing an official thread as we speak. I agree that the 5001 would be great, but they're sold out of our sizes. Is 33" 5003 a good compromise?

If kiya's comment about the 33 fitting like a 34.5/35 is accurate, I can do that. If it fits anything like a 33, I'm not gonna be able to pull it off.

EDIT: I would prefer the 34 though.

I'm not sure how'd I go with a 33, I only just squeezed into a 34 skull, I assume the self edge measurements are pre wash, if so they may shrink too short for my massive legs! Other wise this is very good, unique jeans for the comp! Baggy is beeter for multiple wearers i think.