What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

did you know that there's a singaporean/malaysian drink called "Milo Dinosaur"

milohy4.jpg

(photo stolen off the net from some other singaporean)

it is basically a supersaturated Milo drink that is topped with an extra mound of milo powder. very sweet, and the undissolved powder adds a nice crispy quality to the milky drink.

my second favourite dinosaur is the Eoraptor.

but shouldn't our collective favourite be the Supersaurus?

caudi.jpg

Just look at this Caudipteryx Zoui by Joe Tucciarone!

Does this look like a dinosaur? Or like a chicken?

Yes, In a moment of madness we began to expand our listing of artists who paint dinosaurs and other dead things. So a year later, we're finally sharing it with all of you dedicated readers. It makes a great resource for finding just the right person to paint that long extinct animal you want to hang in your living room. Or you can just waste a few happy hours gawking at their stuff. It's up to you! Just clean your glasses before you start. Promise?

paki60b.jpg

AWESOME! Do you remember? Is this Pachycephalosaurus or Stegoceras? Judging by the length of the spikes and it's size I'd say the last.

Don't think I've ever seen a skeleton of either of those though.

What I always find amazing about these skeleton shows is that only from the bones you already get this overwhelming sense of their size and magnificense, imagine one of those creatures actually alive...

• 2 weeks later...

dyii4nndOMM

continuity: at 48 seconds.. his glass of milk refills like magic.

haha.. or am i seeing things O.o?

and its great seeing fellow dino lovers.. thought i was the only one out there besides little kiddos

i loved reading journey to the center of the world by jules verne, made mee feel like theres places that exist with pirmitive beings and all that good stuff...

although if i recall correctly, no dinos were in the story

those dinosaurs witht the bone at the tips of their tails were always cool to read about.

btw, any dino enthusiast..theres a small dino reserve thingy at clark park in bunea park area.. its pretty cool they have neat fossils there and tidbits of info

fuckin' duh........

trex.jpg

ATTN: cotton- i think youll appreciate this. though i have to give it up to rex for being my favorite im getting one of these guys tattooed on my chest..

pterodactyl.jpg

thinking about the black one on the bottom. styled just like a traditional style tattoo bald eagle chest piece.. but eagles are mad gay compared to pterodactyls etc. and i couldnt be less patriotic, so i came up the idea.. whatchu think cotton?

AWESOME! Do you remember? Is this Pachycephalosaurus or Stegoceras? Judging by the length of the spikes and it's size I'd say the last.

Don't think I've ever seen a skeleton of either of those though.

What I always find amazing about these skeleton shows is that only from the bones you already get this overwhelming sense of their size and magnificense, imagine one of those creatures actually alive...

yeah, i couldn't help but thinking about this. . .like imagine actually seeing something as massive as a tyrannosaurus walking about. the full shot with all the people in it really gives some crazy perspective.

i think i was most blown away by that sloth though.

oh yeah, i didn't even look at what it was! haha...given it's size though i'd say stegoceras, they're the smaller one right?

pterodactyl.jpg

thinking about the black one on the bottom. styled just like a traditional style tattoo bald eagle chest piece.. but eagles are mad gay compared to pterodactyls etc. and i couldnt be less patriotic, so i came up the idea.. whatchu think cotton?

You should seriously get them like how people get two swallows coming down off their shoulders/chest... Watever the hell that style tat is called...

Now THAT, would be somethin...

• 2 weeks later...

dinozl6.jpg

'Horrible' American dinosaur for sale in French auction

1 day ago

PARIS (AFP) — A three-horned vegetarian dinosaur from North America has gone on display at a Paris auction house ahead of its sale next month along with the skull of a sabre-toothed tiger and giant shark teeth.

The skeleton of the 65-million-year-old Triceratops horridus (horrible three-horned face) is expected to fetch 500,000 euros (760,000 dollars) at the April 16 sale, said Christie's auctioneers.

It will be the first time such a dinosaur specimen has gone up for public sale since a T-Rex called Sue was sold in New York in 1997.

The four-legged herbivorous dinosaur, from a private European collection, is the highlight among the 150 objects at the April auction. It measures 7.5 metres (25 feet) in length and bears a large bony frill and three horns.

The triceratops' head alone weights about 200 kilos (440 pounds) while total body weight is about two tonnes.

The skeleton was found by a ranch owner in the US state of North Dakota and acquired in 2004 by a European buyer who wants to remain anonymous, said a Christie's spokesman.

"This specimen is the fourth most complete discovered so far," he said.

More than 70 percent of its bones are real, with the rest being copied in resin and added to the frame.

In all, 150 items from natural history collections -- fossils, skeletons and minerals -- valued at some 1.6 million euros will be up for auction.

The sabre-toothed tiger skull is expected to fetch up to 45,000 euros, while a set of fossilized giant shark teeth have been valued at up to 4,000 euros.

Christie's said it hoped to build on the success of last year's paleontology auction that brought in more than a million euros and established 12 world records.

Also up for bids will be a tyrannosaurus egg, mineralized in agate, valued at between 20,000 and 25,000 euros; and an apatosaurus dinosaur tibia from the Jurassic Period, which is expected to raise up to 30,000 euros.

A private German museum is offering a well-conserved cranium of an edmontosaurus, a duck-beaked dinosaur, estimated at between 70,000 and 80,000 euros.

Mineral specimens are also expected to draw interest, including six Condor agates and a 400-kilo copper leaf discovered in the US state of Michigan, which is estimated at between 30,000 and 35,000 euros.

what a super thread.

trip to the dino exhibit at the ROM !! (no flashes, some pictures are sketchy)

damn, i need to visit that dino exhibit some time... considering i walk by it all the time travelling to and from school.

yo that evolution exhibition at the ROM opened today.