Favorite Quotes?

no shit... i keep getting halfway through "notes from the underground" before my brain latches on to something else.

i feel like i'm 10 again playing donkey kong in that fucking mine cart level :mad:

I've been a soldier and a slave. I've seen my comrades fall in battle or die more slowly under the lash in Africa. I've held them in my arms at the final moment. These were men who saw life as it is, yet they died despairing. No glory, no brave last words, only their eyes, filled with confusion, questioning "Why?" I don't think they were wondering why they were dying, but why they had ever lived. When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be.

"I venture out alone to drill myself in what must seem an eerie fencing-match, Dwelling in dark corners for a rhyme and stumbling over words like cobblestones where now and then realities collide with lines I dreamed of writing long ago." - Charles Baudelaire

"I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire; it's rather excruciatingly apt that you will use it to gain the reductio ad absurdum of all human experience which can fit your individual needs no better than it fitted his or his fathers'. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools."

some quotes i have been drawing on lately hopefully these will inspire or help somebody:

"When your a kid ,its easy you are not afraid to try, to dare, you do it just because you like it... So my advice to you is to you is never grow up my friends."

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." - Mark Twain

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

The darkest hour is just before the dawn

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." ~Author Unknown

"Young people of America, awake from your slumber of indolence and harken to the call of the future! Do you realise that you are rapidly becoming a doomed generation?... O ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your Social Security and live happily until the time of your death." —Fearfully and disgustedly yours, John J. righteous-Hypocrite

"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."-gandhi

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars, and in the middle, you see the blue center-light pop, and everybody goes ahh..."

• 2 weeks later...

Posted straight from my facebook page. Yes, I just added the last one about luck since reading it on this thread.

Theres two types of poeple

Those that talk the talk and those who walk the walk

Those poeple that walk the walk sometimes talk the talk

,but most of the time they dont talk at all because thier busy walking

Now poeple who talk the talk

When it comes time for them to walk

they talk poeple like me into walking for them

-from 'Hustle and Flow'

"I hate guys who hurt girls...in every way. Girls are made to take care of. How can they be nice if they are broken? It's like lawn...how can it be green if there's no vitamin?"

-Kevin Fontaine

"Now, we must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil which we must fear most... and that is... the indifference of good men."

-Boondock Saints

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

—Robert A. Heinlein

"You think I am attacking them for talking nonsense? Not a bit! I like the to talk nonsense. Through error you can come to the the truth! I am a man because I err! You never reach any truth without making fourteen mistakes and very likely a hundred and fourteen. And a fine thing, too, in its own way; but we can't even make mistakes on our own account! Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. In the first case you are a man, in the second you're no better than a bird. Truth won't escape you but life can be cramped. There have been examples. And what are we doing now? In science, developement, thought, invention, ideals, arms, liberalism, judgement, experience, and everything, everything, everything, we are still in preperatory class at school. We prefer to live on other poeple's ideas, it's what we are used to! Am I right, am I right?"

Razumihin in Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit.

And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'.

And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.

With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

~Senna

"Admit it, we’re a nation of slobs who won’t be happy until we can go to the mall in a diaper." -Bill Maher

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity" - Kevin Roberts CEO of Sachi and Sachi

"There are 3 traits that women have:

-Hot

-Single

-Sane

*Any given female has only two of these traits*

therefore:

If shes Single and Sane, shes not hot

If shes Hot and Sane, shes not single

If shes Hot and Single, shes not sane."

"I've never had a dream in my life. Because a dream is what you wanna do, but still haven't pursued I knew what I wanted and did it till it was done. so i've been the dream i wanted to be since day one."-aesop rock