HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

2 things...

First, I just dumped some of my VHS tapes onto my HD. Among the goods are craaazy sick sets from Rorschach ('93 Gilman) and Infest ('91...somewhere in Cali, I forget). Bout to upload those to Youtube to share with the world. Seriously...the Rorschach shit kills so hard...Huckins is flying everywhere, constantly swinging his guitar around like he wants to hurt it by doing so (as is the bassist). Easily the best live footy I've seen of 'em (unfortunately, though, no "My War").

2nd. I just built this Home Depot'ish metal shelf for my LP's...seems decent so far. The shelves were a little wider than the 12"'s, thus in an effort to avoid records from slipping between the ends (side rails), I measured and cut out two cardboard slabs, taped em together for more strength, and placed 'em at each end to "seal" the records in. They also act like cushions so the vinyl isn't bluntly resting on the metal of the shelf (yep...I'm obsessive about this).

Anyways...HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE STORE YOUR 7" vinylisms? I know Sean uses the Vans Sk8-Hi shoeboxes...but I was wondering if anyone had a bit more of a substantial/practical solution (I don't know if I still have my sk8-hi boxes and don't think I'll ever get another pair in my life). I remember seeing something in the form of transparent, colored plastic boxes from either Container Store or Ikea in someone's "punk" blog where they would occasionally post photos of DIY home projects and the like. Yes...it WAS Ikea...

Now that I htink of it, I feel like this has been answered for me before...but I just typed all of that again. So remind me...

okay...came up with plenty of flight (armored) cases...but that's not necessarily what I'm looking for.

I think it's more like http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90059618...but alas, those are 13" wide...not quite a snug fit for the vinyl.

I used these for my LPs for a while when I had my expedit, but it was annoying to pull out the box anytime I wanted to listen to a record.

true I think I'ma hit up the Container Store...seems as though they've got a few more options in widths more fitting to housing 7"'s.

Quick question to all those in the know...Iron Lung...what is the name of their "new record"? Are people talking about the split with Hatred SUrge or Sexless/NoSex?

yo foreal hatred surge are fucking annoying

i can usually get down at least to an extent with girl vocals ie despise you and some more im too lazy to think of

but that chick in hatred surge is annoying

to the question about i would say sexless/no sex what an awesome record

and i know its not really in the same vein but runaways, by lifelong tragedy

i saw those guys in the summer and i wasnt really familiar with the material but after listening to that album like 10+ times in the past few days, its fucking amazing

the rest of the discography isnt on par but holy shit, its got kind of a mliw vibe but like...better

yes sexless/no sex is an ill album for sure. Those dudes are fucking good at what they do. I've checked out the Walls project as well, and it sounded quite nice (though much more on the slower side from what I heard).

Haven't yet chcked out Hatred SUrge. I am curious... thoiugh I know Despise You will win 9.9 times when put to anything of similar vein.

When I was in LA, I got some free zine that featured a 3 piece, dual sexed vocals, thrash/pv band called Rager...wasn't too impressed when I heard the stuff (the interview was good though...made me want to check 'em)...but I think that was more due to the actual songs not being that interesting imo, rather than hating any part of the vocals.

This week I had the pleasure of checking out Punch. Female voiced brutality done right in my opinion. They're like a crazy mix of thrashy shit bordering on powerviolence (or maybe totally pv) with some Youth Crew'esque moments (they even use the hilarious varsity font)...but done in a way where I'm not going "arhghghghghgwatoiawyta what the fuck" (i'm thinking that in a good way regarding the music). They're releasing stuff via 625 Thrash and Discos Huelga (or something).

and i know its not really in the same vein but runaways, by lifelong tragedy

i saw those guys in the summer and i wasnt really familiar with the material but after listening to that album like 10+ times in the past few days, its fucking amazing

the rest of the discography isnt on par but holy shit, its got kind of a mliw vibe but like...better

i would agree, too bad they broke up though.

yeahhh walls are a sick band. pretty awesome record.

cold sweat have been back in the rotation for me lately too after this dude on another board pointed out the matrix on the severed ties record says "morrisey must pay for the state of hardcore today"

i pulled it out to look and it hasnt come off the player since haha.

you can find pretty much any album you could possibly want thru mediafire/rapidshare/etc.

unless you're a freak who needs flac/lossless craziness, you never need to use a torrent site again for music. i have found stuff thru blog searches that i can't find on what/waffles/what have you

you can find pretty much any album you could possibly want thru mediafire/rapidshare/etc.

unless you're a freak who needs flac/lossless craziness, you never need to use a torrent site again for music. i have found stuff thru blog searches that i can't find on what/waffles/what have you

Blogspot is definitely the way to go... no need to bother with members only torrent sites and shit.

haven't read this thread in awhile and i'm not sure if this has been posted, but xshirtsx.blogspot.com is the jam. it'll suck when streetwear companies start dick riding these classics. hopefully badbrains x supreme didn't open that flood gate.

100_4511.jpg

That's a kick ass site!!!

I wish i had the foresight to hang onto the shirts of my youth a few in particular:

-the first 2 four walls falling shirts

-7 seconds "new wind" tour shirt (hand me down from my friend's older brother)

-cro mags tour shirts from the 80's (again, hand me downs)

-policy of 3 shirts

:mad:

Funny shit...speaking of tees, did anyone else Max Ward (of Spazz) selling his tees on eBAY recently? So many sick OG joints (and the one German Infest "Mankind" bootleg tee...in yellow?)...but the prices were fucking crazy. I had my eye on many of 'em...he had some classic bands and even more Youth'y type stuff...but I was really locked on to the Crossed Out (even a custom screenprinted hoodie they made for him), Spazz, Assuck, Cap Casualties, Rorschach, MITB, the list goes on.

I'm in the process of restoring a few OG shirts that I obtained in a small/shrunken state...let the terror begin.

this dude who plays in blank stare/social circkle does a printing business on the side, he's done some amazing bootleg shirts in the last little while. as soon as i can manage to find the link again ill post it here, i think you guys might even be interested haha

Funny shit...speaking of tees, did anyone else Max Ward (of Spazz) selling his tees on eBAY recently? So many sick OG joints (and the one German Infest "Mankind" bootleg tee...in yellow?)...but the prices were fucking crazy. I had my eye on many of 'em...he had some classic bands and even more Youth'y type stuff...but I was really locked on to the Crossed Out (even a custom screenprinted hoodie they made for him), Spazz, Assuck, Cap Casualties, Rorschach, MITB, the list goes on.

I'm in the process of restoring a few OG shirts that I obtained in a small/shrunken state...let the terror begin.

that shit is the worst, getting a crucial tee, but it being baby-sized.

Shirts I have that fall into that category:

Prayer for Cleansing

Ramallah

Righteous Jams (Euro Tour)

+ probably more that are buried in drawers somewhere...

Forget that, did you see the Duane Some's ebay sale that hit a month or so back? Homeboy had some sick stuff in there ala demos/tapes NYHC wise.

Forget that, did you see the Duane Some's ebay sale that hit a month or so back? Homeboy had some sick stuff in there ala demos/tapes NYHC wise.

Haha...if it wasn't the Rorschach demo (I know, NJ, but still)...then either I have it or don't care (at the moment)...

...but really...still interesting/fun when these cats get on the 'Bay and sell off the gold they've been harboring for what could be decades.

that shit is the worst, getting a crucial tee, but it being baby-sized.

Shirts I have that fall into that category:

Prayer for Cleansing

Ramallah

Righteous Jams (Euro Tour)

+ probably more that are buried in drawers somewhere...

Yeah man...I feel like my collection of "tees too small" has grown...that's the problem with being a medium-to-large (height and broad shoulders can do it to you)...all depends on the brand of the tee and if they were ever tossed in the dryer.

I'll post pics when I'm done with this first CxA red logo "project" (on a Uniqlo shirt, no less...so far it looks pretty killer, just hard to keep from bunching up as I sew since the logo fabric and tee I'm using are two different weights)...ha at first I actually shredded the shirt into a tattered vest-like poncho thing...but then I realized how ridiculous it looked without the body odor, dirt-stained ensemble and ratty dreads (h-head status optional). I love me some crust...but wouldn't ever say that's me.

< Got one of the Rorschach shirts.