HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

http://weareangryandhateeverything.blogspot.com/

^^^^^^^^fucking awesome blog that a friend of mine pointed me towards! a shitload of music on there, check it out

it is a good blog indeed, I got some stuff from there. In Harms Way whaaaa

Guest fghi903

Also, don't forget to check out our BlizzCon gallery, or add your own BlizzCon photos! Over the next few days, we'll be adding tonnes of video and articles about the various panels and sessions with the developers. Make sure to stay tuned for all the latest info. You can find a hub of all our BlizzCon WoW coverage here, which will be added to as more articles and videos appear.We have mass available stock of wow gold on most of the servers, so that we can do a really instant way of world of warcraft gold delivery. We know what our buyers need so we offer an instant way of cheap wow gold, the cheapest wow power leveling fast delivery.Buy wow gold from http://www.inwowgold.com

can i go ahead and say that social circkle might be the best band in hardcore right now

I've been hearing good things, I should check 'em out sometime!

As far as HC goes, I've been listening to new lows a lot, and PV influenced stuff: new mind eraser, breathing fire, hatred surge, iron lung, SFN (look out for this shit!!). I even gave the new integrity a chance...not awful, but its not what I know and love.

Show at gilman this weekend is going to fucking DESTROY people:

iron lung

extortion (from australia, great pv)

lack of interest

godstomper

in disgust (break fools)

As far as HC goes, I've been listening to new lows a lot, and PV influenced stuff: new mind eraser, breathing fire, hatred surge, iron lung, SFN (look out for this shit!!). I even gave the new integrity a chance...not awful, but its not what I know and love.

iron lung

lack of interest

godstomper

in disgust (break fools)

catching ironlung/extortion this thurs also. stoked

iron lung

lack of interest

godstomper

in disgust (break fools)

Jeez! That show will melt disabled children, by mistake.

Iron Lung is definitely one of the better modern-day PV bands...them and Hummingbird of Death usually come to mind first when asked about newer/active bands.

On the topic, I can't say I can get into Harm's Way...maybe it's the whole militant straight edge extremism shtick or maybe I don't get that they're joking? I will say, however, that if it is a joke, they are geniuses.

Another note... part of me, due to what I've been hording recently, is fighting the urge to start a "metallic brutal hardcore" thread... but I'm afraid that 1. it won't get much more spin after we mention Unruh, Gehenna, CIC, Enewetak, SLave One, and the godfather's Rorschach... you COULD go on to mention Catharsis and other bands some people refer to as "holy terror"...eh... 2. that heads will start posting some shitty nu-metalcore thickhead shitty shit.

Maybe it'll have to be "metallic hardcore bands who sonically worship early Slayer saved my..."

why not just post it here... this board is dead as fuck anyways, and consolidating related topics makes more sense than spinoffs that wou;d get a handful of replies at best

Yeah. True.

I hope you're not referring to Acacia Strain. Any band that says 'YO, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!' on a Myspace demo is fucking awesome.

True again. Shit

Everytime I hear the term "metallic hardcore" I just want to listen to the swarm. Makes me wanna mosh in my room 'till everything is destroyed!

Unruh is fucking tight though.

A bit of self promotion for the fast hardcore band I play in:

www.myspace.com/resinhits

We recorded this demo last spring, and then stopped playing. We started up again at the end of summer, and new songs are much more in the vein of gehenna and unruh, but with a little less metal. Still playing these old songs though, they're fun and brutal enough to satisfy us!

what shows?

friday and saturday is

Friday, January 23rd, 7pm - charm city artspace

Mindset

Overload

Alert

Right Idea

Face Reality

SS for Peace

then that same show is in dc the next night (saturday)

and sunday is at sidebar in baltimore

trapped

naysayer

reign supreme

full blown chaos

dirty money

is it wrong that i want to do a tough/beatdown/whatever brutal band that ONLY covers hip hop songs? i mean come on, how ridiculous would 99 problems be over a sick breakdown (for 3 minutes)? or maybe its just me looking to deep into the relationship between breakdowns and hip hop.

Everytime I hear the term "metallic hardcore" I just want to listen to the swarm. Makes me wanna mosh in my room 'till everything is destroyed!

Unruh is fucking tight though.

A bit of self promotion for the fast hardcore band I play in:

www.myspace.com/resinhits

We recorded this demo last spring, and then stopped playing. We started up again at the end of summer, and new songs are much more in the vein of gehenna and unruh, but with a little less metal. Still playing these old songs though, they're fun and brutal enough to satisfy us!

Resin Hits. Good shit.

Yeah...thinking about The Swarm makes sense...I mean some people considered Born Against to be in the "metallic hardcore" category...and I can see why.

Unruh kills my dreams. Although I find it hilarious that Ryan (guitarist) went on to be in North Side Kingzzzz or whatever...jeez. The funny thing is, and I don't recommend that anyone do this, but after hearing some NSK riffs...you can kinda tell Ryan is behind 'em...a bit more evil than your average "yo yo yo, fuck dis shit, pussy faggot" mosharooner band.

is it wrong that i want to do a tough/beatdown/whatever brutal band that ONLY covers hip hop songs? i mean come on, how ridiculous would 99 problems be over a sick breakdown (for 3 minutes)? or maybe its just me looking to deep into the relationship between breakdowns and hip hop.

I won't write much for the moment...just wait and see.

Creation is Crucifixion... what the fuck ever happened to that band?

Seriously pissed and awesome.

Way better than any of the pussy bands coming out of Pittsburgh these days.

Ha and I thought you only loved the brodown stuff! Yes...CIC is probably one of the most original and face searing bands that I know of. Those dudes were on point for sure...from their style of writing and subject matter to their technical, heavy sound...not to mention those dudes released stuff on diskettes (even if it is just circuit noise...it makes total sense if you know the band's style).

On a related note, I'm still searching for their In Silico album as well as the split with Unruh.

I too am looking for both those releases, but not at ebay prices...

I think I have everything else (including noise releases), except the diskette which I'm not interested in. I even have the weird gameboy game hack box set!

LGS...ha ditto.

bencap...yeah I know. I actually just found the In Silico LP from some dude in the UK...paid a little money for it...but I figure it would be at least what I paid on eBay...so eh...not buggin off of that. I actually placed an order earlier with Insound, really excited, since they had the split with Suicide Nation AND the In Silico LP...plus the gameboy hack book box set... but alas, I then received an email stating that all but the gameboy box was backordered (aka never available again). So I went with homeboy from overseas...figure that if I ever get the LP from Insound, I'll sell the used copy and smile.

How is the noise stuff? Can't say I'm too into listening to that type of stuff for more than a few minutes...but CIC makes it really interesting with their brand combo of unique formats/packaging and politics/philosophy.

That being said, I do enjoy noise interludes...whether it's CIC or MITB (I'd say the best (only) to do it...)....

Also, if anyone wants to help me out by getting a copy of the Rorschach demo to me...I'd gladly pay with a copy of the Born Against demo...or whatever else you can get me for.

Who has the first Slave One 7". I need it. As well as the Jihad/Ottawa split (I can also offer you a zip of the Ottawa remastered, unreleased 12" for a copy of the aforementioned demo!!).

HELP!

Another note... part of me, due to what I've been hording recently, is fighting the urge to start a "metallic brutal hardcore" thread... but I'm afraid that 1. it won't get much more spin after we mention Unruh, Gehenna, CIC, Enewetak, SLave One, and the godfather's Rorschach... you COULD go on to mention Catharsis and other bands some people refer to as "holy terror"...eh... 2. that heads will start posting some shitty nu-metalcore thickhead shitty shit.

Maybe it'll have to be "metallic hardcore bands who sonically worship early Slayer saved my..."

I havent been on sufu in ages, but a thread like that would get me posting again.

Lately Ive been listening to tonnes of mid 90s metallic hardcore, stuff that could easily fit into the slayer worship category. Day of suffering, dawn of orion, Painstake, Element.

Im actually in the process of trying to start up a blog for hard to come by and under appreciated metalic hardcore/metalcore and rare H8000 stuff. Just need to get off my ass and rip some vinyl.

I havent been on sufu in ages, but a thread like that would get me posting again.

Lately Ive been listening to tonnes of mid 90s metallic hardcore, stuff that could easily fit into the slayer worship category. Day of suffering, dawn of orion, Painstake, Element.

Im actually in the process of trying to start up a blog for hard to come by and under appreciated metalic hardcore/metalcore and rare H8000 stuff. Just need to get off my ass and rip some vinyl.

CK...welcome back to the regime (I took a break as well)...

I'd definitely check a blog like that out...being that I've been in collector mode 2000% recently.

(Union Of) Uranus...add that to the metallic hardcore list (although not as Slayer'y or good Death Metal'y as the aforementioned...but still heavy and brutal as fuck). Crazy ass Canadians...

Maybe this is more along the lines of metalcore or tech metal...but I've been listening to Deadguy's White Meat and Work Ethic a whole lot recently as well...what's funny is that I never could hear how evil Huckins' guitar work sounded on those songs until I put it on again a few weeks ago (it has everything to do with the mix...being that the vocals are in the foreground, which seemingly drowns out the guitar(s)). Huckins definitely ate Slayer (or some form of Slayer) for breakfast.

SLayer'd. Slayer.

E-Town Concrete Reunion shows on Feb 20th and 21st

Anyone going?

Im going to be in NYC visiting my gf that weekend so I think Im going to try and make it to the show on the 20th since Billyclub Sandwich is playing and I really wanna see that band.

Whats the easiest way to get from west 25th street in NYC to the show?

(its at the starland ballroom in NJ)