HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

Man, seriously not down with CDC, they played those asshole of nowehere town a few weeks back and kids still went off.

Got some old, big Sick of It All and Earth Crisis 315 Jerseys if you are interested?

How did I guess Sick Of It All would be the first mentioned after the jersey request...hahaha.

less canada being fucking retarded.

ceremony were apparently denied at our border 3 times this week despite filling out the appropriate paperwork etc etc shitty bureaucracy garbage and are canceling the remaining canadian dates, despite the fact that they played here in june with absolutely no problems.

once again, and i do not say this lightly, canada is fucking retarded.

less canada being fucking retarded.

ceremony were apparently denied at our border 3 times this week despite filling out the appropriate paperwork etc etc shitty bureaucracy garbage and are canceling the remaining canadian dates, despite the fact that they played here in june with absolutely no problems.

once again, and i do not say this lightly, canada is fucking retarded.

They do stuff like that sometimes, unfortunatly :( I used to listen to Ceremony some time last year and the year before. I never got the chance to see them in show

More Jerseys.

More New Lows.

More Alpha&Omega.

Less 16-17 kids that do it to be cool, that want to get the look before knowing anything. Less attitude and more music.

Less 16-17 kids that do it to be cool, that want to get the look before knowing anything. Less attitude and more music.

I think that is just the way it is now. It means there is a high drop out rate of kids at shows but the kids who are really down(generally not the ones running trying to look/act down) still stick around.

We were all those 16-17yr olds once, I wanted a piece of everything at the time and spoke without thinking and i'm still going to shows etc 10/11 years on - it is hard not to to have rose tinted glasses about the great times we had, and be all bitter about how things just aren't the same now.

It really pisses me off how it seems to be all about the fashion and the "scene" these days, people only turn up to shows to stand around and pose, except when its time for their favourite band of the month to come on stage at which point they all rush to the front to start singing along as if their life depended on it, its just so shallow and fickle. Its bad enough that they've ruined hardcore shows, but now I see the same shit at metal shows too, the same damn idiots pretending like theyve been listening to "brutal death metal" for ages, its just utterly ridiculous.

I guess I cant get too worked up, as Darkeside so rightly said, we were all like that once, but at least we stuck with it (Ive been into hardcore since I was 11 and Im nearly 23, you do the math), not like these flavour of the month scenesters.

I think its easy to distinguish between these types of kids and the people who are coming to every showing, moshing for every band, and sticking around for years, but maybe thats just living near Cleveland and having the same people at shows since I was 16.

I think that is just the way it is now. It means there is a high drop out rate of kids at shows but the kids who are really down(generally not the ones running trying to look/act down) still stick around.

We were all those 16-17yr olds once, I wanted a piece of everything at the time and spoke without thinking and i'm still going to shows etc 10/11 years on - it is hard not to to have rose tinted glasses about the great times we had, and be all bitter about how things just aren't the same now.

Yeah, you're totally right. And I guess that it's what keeps the scene alive too... 'cause I've realised that a lot of people I know, when they get older they are still following everything, listening to the music, they're still on the board, but they go to less shows. And I've realised that I've become way more picky on the shows I go see now. I guess that those kids that go to every show for the trend still keep the scene alive, in their way...

It really pisses me off how it seems to be all about the fashion and the "scene" these days, people only turn up to shows to stand around and pose, except when its time for their favourite band of the month to come on stage at which point they all rush to the front to start singing along as if their life depended on it, its just so shallow and fickle. Its bad enough that they've ruined hardcore shows, but now I see the same shit at metal shows too, the same damn idiots pretending like theyve been listening to "brutal death metal" for ages, its just utterly ridiculous.

I guess I cant get too worked up, as Darkeside so rightly said, we were all like that once, but at least we stuck with it (Ive been into hardcore since I was 11 and Im nearly 23, you do the math), not like these flavour of the month scenesters.

we all gotta start somewhere too, I guess.

What get you guys to start listening to hardcore? when?

I got into hardcore through skating mainly, I used to listen to a lot of metal when I was a kid, mostly thrash and death stuff like Metallica and Cannibal Corpse, then I got into punk. When I started skating a lot of the older guys were into hardcore so given that I liked punk and metal it was pretty appealing to me. I guess it also helped that there was a really strong scene in Belgium where I grew up.

If 16 year olds (who, let's face it are all dickheads, we all were one way or the other) don't turn up to shows the 'scene' will die a death in a couple of years. You can't run tours on the basis of a bundle of 20-something guys standing around complaining about the 'good old days'.

Anyhow, as to getting into hardcore, well, I'm not sure really. I've always been whimsical muscially, comes from studying it for the most part, but hardcore just had the live scene that grabbed me the most. The shows are frankly a million times more entertaining than anything else, even if the records don't deliver al lthe time.

I agree Suze.

I got into hardcore punk from growing up in NYC and being around my friends who were heavily into it and hip hop (mostly older than me). It was always seemingly around me (at least the classics i.e. Bad Brains, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Cro-Mags, etc.)...and I was really into Black Sabbath and other 70's heavy/psych shit...and some punk shit as well, here and there, but honestly I got into the Bad Brains and Flag way before I started digging on any Ramones/X/Germs type shit or stuff from the UK. Hardcore punk was just heavy and aggro. To me, it took some getting used to the Ramones...after OD'ing on tremendous shit like Sabbath, because I just wanted that wall of power hitting my ears to the floor...and I just didn't get that from my early experience with the early punk shit. It was all about the aforementioned standard bands plus Leeway (the first NYHC shit I got into...even before Agnostic Front or the Cro Mags).

Also, my closest lady friend in High School was the niece of the Bad Brains' manager.

Anyone who is bitching about "16 year olds" is either a sellout in denial or a burnt out pos. A lot of hardcore/punk/whatever ideals revolve around youth and keeping that mentality no matter how many years old you are... Besides, most of the people I see that are standing in the back with their fresh kicks and tough guy pose trying to look cool are older guys.

If 16 year olds (who, let's face it are all dickheads, we all were one way or the other) don't turn up to shows the 'scene' will die a death in a couple of years. You can't run tours on the basis of a bundle of 20-something guys standing around complaining about the 'good old days'.

there is so much truth to this statement it hurts.

that being said, hardcore sucks now.

there is so much truth to this statement it hurts.

that being said, hardcore sucks now.

If you think its shitty then why don't you do something about it instead of complaining?

Lame people have always and will always talk about "the good ol days" when it comes to any genre of music, life, cars, denim, whatever. Thats just what a lot of people do. Im sure some of the guys who were around when you into the "scene" were saying the exact same thing about you and your peers. The people who are really passionate keep on trucking and keep the spirit alive.

Maybe the places some of you guys live have a shitty atmosphere, but I have a feeling that a lot of the 20 somethings on here are making their transition from DIY into yuppie shithead.