Short time in Philadelphia

search there are many threads now about philly, in supershopper, superdenim, superjetset. i dont wanna be a dick but i mean just search.

Deep Sleep (clothing, denim)

Wthn (kicks)

Matthew Izzo (clothing, denim)

Ubiq (kicks, exclusive clothing)

Lost + Found (clothing)

and some more

hit up wawa for iced tea. for real. rasberry or peach are my favs.

nick's roastbeef

i still love jim's steaks on south even though other people prefer the gino's crap for cheesesteaks

tony luke's for roast pork

what kind of bars are you into?

madmex has the best fucking wings,

You have to go to Morimoto's for dinner, best sushi i've ever had! It might cost you a big buck, but it's worth it!

i completely agree. jims is my favorite

I will make sure i go to that! Is it right across Gino's?

Go to Monk's Cafe in the evening for an excellent burger and belgian beer.

I will check it out! Thanks!

You have to go to Morimoto's for dinner, best sushi i've ever had! It might cost you a big buck, but it's worth it!

Thanks for the sugestion, but I think I have the best sushi in tokyo and L.A!

Maybe I will hit it if I want some Sushi

hit up wawa for iced tea. for real. rasberry or peach are my favs.

nick's roastbeef

i still love jim's steaks on south even though other people prefer the gino's crap for cheesesteaks

tony luke's for roast pork

what kind of bars are you into?

madmex has the best fucking wings,

Wawa iced tea, huh? Writing it down..

I can do some roast pork. Sweet!

I am into more of a melow bar.. but not the too cool for school melow bar if you know what i am saying.. but def not the frat boy bars..

So here is the question, are these places close to each other? I will be taking taxi or walk (is it possible?) around the town. Something too far out is probly not gonna happen. Also, I am going to stay there for a weekend now, they fly me in for a weekend to check out the city, where else should I go ? I just want to make sure I get the best out of Philly that weekend...

dude i know but its still not too bad a deal, but it does hurt

back in college i remember when i came home i was able to buy 2 packs of camel lights and a small thing of rasberry iced tea for less than $5. now the small one is 99cents.

wawa hoagies are very good too. don't overlook it just because it's wawa.

I will make sure i go to that! Is it right across Gino's?

I will check it out! Thanks!

Thanks for the sugestion, but I think I have the best sushi in tokyo and L.A!

Maybe I will hit it if I want some Sushi

Wawa iced tea, huh? Writing it down..

I can do some roast pork. Sweet!

I am into more of a melow bar.. but not the too cool for school melow bar if you know what i am saying.. but def not the frat boy bars..

So here is the question, are these places close to each other? I will be taking taxi or walk (is it possible?) around the town. Something too far out is probly not gonna happen. Also, I am going to stay there for a weekend now, they fly me in for a weekend to check out the city, where else should I go ? I just want to make sure I get the best out of Philly that weekend...

jim's is right on south street. i wanna say 3rd or 4th, can't remember though, haven't been down to south street in ages.

for dinner, go to la viola on 16th between pine and spruce. the clientele is kinda wrinkly but for the price (10-15 per entree) it's definitely worth it. right across from monk's.

also, if you happen to be in university city, go to fatou e fama. excellent senegalese/west indian/soul food. it's on 40th and chestnut.

Jim's is on the corner of 4th and South. Wawa is absolutely amazing. Maoz the place joey mentioned is a little farther down south. If you want a huge slice of pizza pretty fucking cheap head to Lorenzos just near the corner of 3rd and South. Sabrina's in the Italian Market is fucking amazing as well.

if you're vegetarian hit up: Govinda's/ Gourmet to Go for awesome vegan chicken cheesesteaks. corner of Broad and South.

other cool shit:

1. water ice, something you need to try- Rita's Water Ice (a chain) are all over the city, one on South St around the 2nd block, Rita's is great (don't listen to the locals). cheap and many vegan choices. or get the custard, which is like an icecream, but weirder.

2. Mutter Museum, 21st and Chestnut. do not leave the city without going here! medical museum dedicated to abnormalities. http://www.collphyphil.org/mutter.asp

3. FUEL art gallery on the corner of 3rd and Arch. http://www.fuelcollection.com/

4. Lineage Gallery: 21 North 2nd St. http://www.lineagegallery.com/

5. Pretzel Factory: on Washington, between 9th and 10th. opens at midnight, hot soft- pretzels. 4 for a $1.00. or like 250 for 20$ super cool spot, crust punx line up.

other than that check out all the museums in general.

if you're vegetarian hit up: Govinda's/ Gourmet to Go for awesome vegan chicken cheesesteaks. corner of Broad and South.

other cool shit:

1. water ice, something you need to try- Rita's Water Ice (a chain) are all over the city, one on South St around the 2nd block, Rita's is great (don't listen to the locals). cheap and many vegan choices. or get the custard, which is like an icecream, but weirder.

2. Mutter Museum, 21st and Chestnut. do not leave the city without going here! medical museum dedicated to abnormalities. http://www.collphyphil.org/mutter.asp

3. FUEL art gallery on the corner of 3rd and Arch. http://www.fuelcollection.com/

5. Pretzel Factory: on Washington, between 9th and 10th. opens at midnight, hot soft- pretzels. 4 for a $1.00. or like 250 for 20$ super cool spot, crust punx line up.

govindas is insane good, ritas good suggestion

other cool shit:

i second the mutter museum. amazing place to be. also notion lucky strike, but you have one of those in LA. 23rd and chesnut, my buddy works there and i'm drunk right now because of it

^^^^^^^ I hear Lucky Strike is really nice. I actually almost applied there for a job.

We have the country's first zoo, the Liberty Bell, and the museums are dope too. One of them has entire exhibit devoted to poop right now.

I'm not sure when its reopening or if it already did but this place called Silk City is reopening on n. 3rd somewhere i'd say check that out.

I really want to go to Sabrina's sometime soon. Cream cheese stuffed french toast? Fucking amazing.

the french toast is incredible. i just had it the other day; definitely worth $9.

also, i would highly recommend ordering the vegetarian cheesesteak.

to be honest i was not impressed, the build was great, store looked great, but inventory wise...alot hype not alot of content, the vans store is no where near as stocked as i thought it would be. visvim, nieghborhood, ubiq footwear, headporter, these were all names that they apparently picked up but didnt. but the back room was very cool i dug it, just wis h they delivered a little more on some of the inventory.

to be honest i was not impressed, the build was great, store looked great, but inventory wise...alot hype not alot of content, the vans store is no where near as stocked as i thought it would be. visvim, nieghborhood, ubiq footwear, headporter, these were all names that they apparently picked up but didnt. but the back room was very cool i dug it, just wis h they delivered a little more on some of the inventory.

i think you'd appreciate it more if you knew what ubiq was and became, to what it is now. much progress.