using "nigga" if you aren't black

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id rather have stupid motherfuckers postin shit rather than people tryin to keep it real but not really keepin it that real at all...

lol... think what you'd like about me, but I am def not replying to that.
WTF

you are in ATL?

HI

I'm like 2 hrz away. I might be heading down there later this month.

edit: thought you were a dude til like now too. i suck.

haha yeah, I live in midtown :)

yo

i was listening to pitbull, y'dig?

and he says nigga in his jam, shake, y'dig?

and i'm thinkin, what niggaz be thinkin bout it bout it?

and so i googled

pitbull nigga

and hiphopforums.com came up

and i saw some ill replies, y'dig? real mentalist, think it through til its done witchu shit, y'dig?

First off..PITBULL IS NOT WHITE..

He is cuban which is spanish just like Pun and Joe.

Stupid ass nigga. smh

what are "asains" and "mederteranians"

fuckin' convict bogan ocker anglo-pilferer skippy yobbo can't spell for shit

this hurt my feelings... :(

your post has been reported, and I hope you are banned...:(

(9)

can't believe i missed this one..... but anyway, as nigga who says nigga ALOT(possibly more than paul mooney) it doesn't bother so long as it's casual and not forced. I've got some white and hispanic friends who drop it every so often over the course of normal conversation and it doesn't bother me but when there that one dummy who thinks he can say it in my presence just for the sake of saying it and get away with it because he's "down", or at least thinks he is, he becomes the recipient of a dropkick

White people I've known only rarely said it & that tended to be when they were either drunk & joking about or resiting lyrics. It was/is never said casually on the regular.

I don't get a racism vibe seeing it all over the net, but the word has blowen up to the point I can see one white person fuckin' it up for everyone else.

i'm french so i can call mah friend NIGGA without people around really noticing. The black people from the ghetto can't talk english anyway.

Saying Nigga on the internet is kinda fun, but i try not to write it not to hurt some people sensibilities.

I think Jmatsu had the perfect usage of the word while he was using it. He was clearly NOT using it in a racial context whatsoever. He was calling anyone, of any colour, creed, race, gender, and nationality the same word. How can that possibly be racist? I think it's completely ANTI-RACIST.

The word in itself is a different story. I will never understand how someone can be so offended by this word, and then turn around and use it in everyday vocabulary. It seems like completely backwards logic to me.

The reason why most people who aren't black use the word, is because they see black people using it. A large majority of people of any race in this time do not use this word as a racial slur, but use it in the exact same context as a black person would. I don't think you can expect people from other races to stop using the word if you use it constantly. If it's that offensive to you; stop using the fucking word. Be a positive example, and then you can expect changes to be made.

It's like someone with dwarfism who is offended by the word midget. They don't like to be called a midget, and to show this, they don't go around calling each other midgets. What kind of example would that be showing?

This discussion has run it's course.

Who are these black men in this thread that say it's okay for people to call them nigga or say what's up nigga to them.

Any cat that's letting this go on is a Lame and is probably struggling with some identity issues

I don't care what the context. That's not popping off over here. It doesn't matter if you're "down" or think your using it in the right context or if you marched with Mandela.

It's never appropriate. Period.

I understand the logic behind... "They say it all the time. Why can't we say it" , but I don't care

It may be fun with in confines of Supertalk or in the comfort of your neighborhood Starbucks, but that shit won't fly with a Real Nigga

Fall Back

"Everybody wanna be a nigga, but nobody want to be a nigga"

PROPS!

i'm french so i can call mah friend NIGGA without people around really noticing. The black people from the ghetto can't talk english anyway.

Saying Nigga on the internet is kinda fun, but i try not to write it not to hurt some people sensibilities.

freecat, black people from the ghetto cant "talk" english? firstly you "speak" english and secondly, you dont know what the fuck youre talking about.

The only person I call "nigga" is Mass and even then I rarely use it. It's obviously a joke as my accent, demeanor, look and interests stray far away from anything associated with hip-hop/ghetto/whatever culture. I don't think I can name a Jay-Z song...

I'll something make references to how hood I am on styleforum to laugh at yuppies...

freecat, black people from the ghetto cant "talk" english? firstly you "speak" english and secondly, you dont know what the fuck youre talking about.

i was talking about france. yeah i confused talk and speak, i'm not that fluent but i can read it with no problem, watch movies without subtitles, and be understood when i write on the internet. (no hate).

Here we go...

Oh please, the post was highly ironic and even used the patented "sarcasm meter", 10 being the most sarcastic.

As for your neg rep this wasn't a penetrating sociological analysis, I just meant that I wasn't an american college boy who loves his gangsta rap and likes to talk like some of his idols. If you don't see that a bird's eye view of the whole "nigga" in popular culture phenomenon can be linked to rap music and a mythification of ghetto living then I don't know what to say.

nigga is the coolest word

black people know it

They also know if white people started saying nigga. It wouldnt be half as cool

thus, black people make a point to act insulted if the term nigga is used around them referring to non blacks

They're keeping you in check....nigga.

Someone's been boning up on the American Study courses...

It never was all that serious homey...

I was just saying that I personally find it unacceptable for anyone to refer to me as Nigga.

what does the "mythification of ghetto living" have to do with that?

You made a statement that was hard not to interpret as Hip-Hop/"Whatever culture" being synonymous with Ghetto Life.

I call you on it and you catch feelings?

Oh please, the post was highly ironic and even used the patented "sarcasm meter", 10 being the most sarcastic.

As for your neg rep this wasn't a penetrating sociological analysis, I just meant that I wasn't an american college boy who loves his gangsta rap and likes to talk like some of his idols. If you don't see that a bird's eye view of the whole "nigga" in popular culture phenomenon can be linked to rap music and a mythification of ghetto living then I don't know what to say.

95% of the people in this thread aren't intelligent enough to be discussing this

can we check out this white girl instead? the one thing i think all men of all creeds and colors and nationalities can agree on is GODDAMN, BITCH IS DRESSED UP AS A STAR WARS CHARACTER BUT ISNT UGLY AND HAS A BANGIN' BODY, WTF.

l_2787a5682f55643522349ff68c82dd23.jpg

i aint black and say nigga alot. some black people tell me i dont have the right to use it, other black people think its hilarious that i do it anyway. thing is, im very racist. or racially motivated. but black people are the only ethnicity i dont discriminate against. whites and asians are best because its allowed, since im white/chinese and its just more fun cause we're cornier. oh ya, jews is good times to crack on too.

95% of the people in this thread aren't intelligent enough to be discussing this

can we check out this white girl instead? the one thing i think all men of all creeds and colors and nationalities can agree on is GODDAMN, BITCH IS DRESSED UP AS A STAR WARS CHARACTER BUT ISNT UGLY AND HAS A BANGIN' BODY, WTF.

l_2787a5682f55643522349ff68c82dd23.jpg

Thats sexist.

Someone's been boning up on the American Study courses...

It never was all that serious homey...

I was just saying that I personally find it unacceptable for anyone to refer to me as Nigga.

what does the "mythification of ghetto living" have to do with that?

You made a statement that was hard not to interpret as Hip-Hop/"Whatever culture" being synonymous with Ghetto Life.

I call you on it and you catch feelings?

1) I am not American, do not reside in the USA and have never taken an American studies class. I’ve seen the Wire though, does that count?

2) What you find or do not find acceptable was never a subject of any of my posts as they weren’t an answer to this specific post of yours, I can’t even fathom why you would bring this up.

3) The “mythification of ghetto living†comment was clearly used in reference to how the word “nigga†entered popular vernacular and was an answer to your, in my opinion, misguided neg rep comment.

4) Ghetto living is not the equivalent of hip hop culture but even to an outsider such as myself it is quite evident that bridges exist between the two, especially when it comes to the subset of music known as gangsta rap, which brings us back to point #3.

5) I don’t “catch feelings†I “have feelingsâ€. Stop hurting my feelings or I’ll cry and tell my mommy about it.

6) That slavegirl Leia is hot.