Samurai s5000BK & s710 19 oz.

Moe Preme

Hello fellow Sufu peoples. I've been lurkin around the forums for a few months now and plan to become a regular around here. Already started on my s710 sammies and just recieved my s5000bk from 2nd.

s5000BK (Pre-Soak)

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

Coin Pocket Selvedge

DSC00465.jpg

Red/Silver Selvedge (From My Eye Sight)

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

s710xx 19 oz. (2 Months of wear)

Samurai2MonthsFront.jpg

Samurai2MonthsBack.jpg

I have to thank a fellow SuFu member for the instructions he used to order from 2nd in Japan. I can't access my inbox right now so he remains anonymous.

if it's not too much of an imposition, could you post step-by-step instructions for ordering from 2nd?

either here or in 'options for buying jp denim' thread (which i've read in toto but it still escapes me). PM seems to be still down.

obrigado

Here you go. This has been posted many times before though... :)

Here you go. This has been posted many times before though... :)

Those are the instructions I used to order my sammies. Just follow them step by step and you should have no problem. Shipping is fast, and as much as I love Blue In Green, it's gonna hurt your pockets less. You also get the jeans as they are made with the accurates in tact and with the red sammie tag. As you can see my s710xx have no red tag cause they were purchased from BiG after the Levi's stuff. I'll try and post some pics of the after soak and fit of both pairs.

thanks....but is the procedure for 2nd the same as for super rag? i've never seen anything posted that directs me to the 2nd site. ay, there's the rub....

Super-rag and 2nd are Rakuten shops and those instructions are for purchasing there. You can use them in any Rakuten shop if they agree to sell internationally

Hi Moe preme welcome to the forum,

can you do me a favour and post me pics here or private message of your

5000bk after they have been worn for a week or so?

that would be really good help cuz im interested in how the creases start to set in.

Here are some pics I took during the soak:

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

The tub was pretty much black after about an hour of soak. I let the jeans soak in boiling water for a little more then 3 hours. Added about a gallon of boiling water every hour. As soon as I let the water drain, I put them in the dryer for 50 minutes on hot. The result was very very good imo

Hi Moe preme welcome to the forum,

can you do me a favour and post me pics here or private message of your

5000bk after they have been worn for a week or so?

that would be really good help cuz im interested in how the creases start to set in.

I'll be sure to post up some pics in a week or so here so you can see the very small progress they have made. Hopefully I can keep this post up for the evolution of my Sammie BKs & s710 for about a year.

The tub was pretty much black after about an hour of soak. I let the jeans soak in boiling water for a little more then 3 hours. Added about a gallon of boiling water every hour. As soon as I let the water drain, I put them in the dryer for 50 minutes on hot. The result was very very good imo

i'm happy people like you exist. cuz sometimes i have to force myself to say "they're jeans, who cares?" I use hot water and dryer all the time now.

hows the fading on your 710s coming? mine only have a few weeks of wear and are already starting to lighten up on the lap creases..

Mine are at six weeks now and I had to wash them after first week (second time, to get rid of rest of the starch) because I was afraid there will be nothing left if they wear that fast. It slowed them a little bit, but they wear fast.

Here are some pics of the fit on both jeans. I'm 5'10" and 165lbs. The s5000BKs are 34x36 and the s710xx are 36x36. Both were soaked and dryed the same exact way. Neither are hemmed:

s5000BK

FrontFits5000BK.jpg

BackFits5000BK.jpg

SideFits5000BK.jpg

s710xx

FrontFits710xx.jpg

BackFits710xx.jpg

SideFits710xx.jpg

Do we still need pics of the selvage coin pocket? I mean, we know it's there...

I guess I really like the little details the jeans have. I didn't even realize my s710xx had it. When I saw it on the s5000BK, I went back and checked the s710xx and to my surprize, coin pocket selvedge. Attention to detail is great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Here are some updated pics of the 2 pairs of Samurais I've been workin on since last year. I've worn both of and on for the past year. Washed each pair once in hot water and dryed on hot.

s710xx 19 oz:

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

s5000BK:

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

In my estimates, I've worn both pairs for about 6 months a piece to work them evenly