Mjolk AW07

dumadiscount

Yeah, I can only take so much of designers like mjolk and material boy and other colourful, tight jeans baggy top australian designers... Usually have nice knits and pull-over type pieces however...

Yeah, I can only take so much of designers like mjolk and material boy and other colourful, tight jeans baggy top australian designers... Usually have nice knits and pull-over type pieces however...

so not true. its just a matter of wearing it differently than they intend, methinks.

EDIT: this mjolk collection is still on the boring side.

+2

material boys new stuff is a mimic of his last winter collection and all very 'neu rave' cant wait to see the dickheads who'd wear the leggings, and oversized dresses...i mean jackets..yes, jackets... because any boy can pull these off (sarcasm) lol

I think both material boy and mjolk aim at the same target market, but you guys are right looking at the newer material boy line, they aren't that similar, material boy has really gone stupid... looks like a cross between a painters and clowns clothing...

Guest Airjamie

I honestly dont know what the fuck some of you guys are talking about. I dont see a goddamn piece in the mjolk collection that is even remotely nu-rave. Shit looks like tight clothes for old people. Its so vanilla I could kill myself. But know what? Fuck it. Its better than 80% of the shit that comes from america that is anywhere near its pricerange. An another thing, I dont see why everyone here hates on the whole aussie Nu-rave style anyway. At least they are coming out with new ideas (hence the "NU" classification) and new styles, instead of regurgitating tired hip hop shit or british styles from the 70s and 80s. And on top of that they do it at a decent pricerange. The thing that gets me is that guys like sugarcane, samurai, and all these japanese companies get lauded as being good designers when they really dont design a fucking thing. They copy old clothes. They dont even change them, they fucking copy them. Granted, they do it with quality levels that far surpass those of the originals, but a copy is a copy. Now im down with the japanese repro companies and im down with aussie weirdness, whether you want to look like you work in a farm in the 1930s ot just stepped out of the supersexy coked out alien future, thats fine, as long as you have a sense of your own style and try to do something unique, great for you, but dont hate on people just because they arent doing the same shit as everyone else.

BTW: This is totally unrelated but I personally happen to think that redwing boots and giant japanese pocketbook wallets are fucking ugly. Especially the boots. Jesus christ.

i like both mjolk and mb, but as ratatat stated, comparing these labels is like comparing chalk and cheese.

material boy is all about pushing the envelope, experimentation / boldness /part of the nu rave thing / oversized tops with skinny jeans etc

mjolk is more focused on a cut / sourcing fabrics / small details, and the silhouette is very much swedish/european influenced

Mjolk = refined silhouette and fabrication, european inspired company who has made a firm identity in the market place.

MB = for ketamine* obsessed tsubi clones who think tsubi is so last year, makes the statement "i want to look like a dick by wearing this smock/dress/whateverthefuckthisissupposedtobe and think im so unique."

*not that there is anything wrong with ketamine.

Guest Airjamie

*not that there is anything wrong with ketamine.

You bet your ass there isnt. I suppose its out of this fucking world to think anyone would wear clothes caaaaaus...they actually like the look? Maybe im just a fucking moron.

In reply to airjamie, I don't think anyone is really having a go at australian nu rave designers - although honestly I cant stand most material boy stuff - but within Australia, which is a reasonably small market, I think it is over saturated.

Getting back to the topic, has anyone seen much of this stuff in stores, what is the construction and texture like on the knits?

i'd just like to say for the benefit of not just this thread, but the entire universe.

airjamie is right.

airjamie is always right.

some people might enjoy looking that ridiculous, but beyond that

some people may also enjoy the challenge of incorporating something

ridiculous into their everyday wear and making it work for them (me included)

now, chris better hurry and sell me his material boy tee.

some people might enjoy looking that ridiculous, but beyond that

some people may also enjoy the challenge of incorporating something

ridiculous into their everyday wear and making it work for them (me included)

This is such a good reason why fashion show photos and collection photos can be really misleading, a lot the items would look really good, if they were'nt paired all together...

but I will never be pro material boy slouch jeans... never...

This is such a good reason why fashion show photos and collection photos can be really misleading, a lot the items would look really good, if they were'nt paired all together...

but I will never be pro material boy slouch jeans... never...

ahahaha i can agree with you on that one.

Guest Airjamie
i'd just like to say for the benefit of not just this thread, but the entire universe.

airjamie is right.

airjamie is always right.

Satanic powers man. I had to fuck alot of goats for this shit.

In reply to airjamie, I don't think anyone is really having a go at australian nu rave designers

You dont get around the board enough.

And BTW, since there are a shitload of aussies in here, I've got a question:

HOW THE HELL IS ANYONE STILL ALIVE THERE.

Anybody ever notice on discovery and Cspan and the nature channel, when they hall all those "worlds most deadly/poisonous/likely to fuck you up" shows, how the number 1 (along with two or three others on that list) is always in austrailia!?! spiders, snakes, jellyfish, poisonous fish, SHARKS, shitty poisonous frogs, poisonous plants, and the world only POISONOUS MAMMAL (platypus, second most painful poison on earth, next to the rock fish). Dude FUCK LIVING IN AUSTRAILIA. Im pretty sure everyone dresses like big neon lollypops to scare the platypi away.

Im pretty sure everyone dresses like big neon lollypops to scare the platypi away.

OK... maybe airjamie ALWAYS is right - that was funny shit.

And i was just having a rant about material boy and exagerating the diference between the brand and mjolk. I admit slotting one of their pieces into an outfit does look good, i would like to try it myself but there are alot out in Sydney that find something 'good' and revolve their entire waredrobes around it, it was tsubi and now its MB and the predictability just gets painful.

airjamie - tell me about it. i was walking to class today, minding my own fucking business, when a wombat of all cunted things tackled me to the ground, and stole my lunch money.

i'm fucking hungry, and i'm shitscared i have rabies. motherfucker bit me.

Guest Airjamie
airjamie - tell me about it. i was walking to class today, minding my own fucking business, when a wombat of all cunted things tackled me to the ground, and stole my lunch money.

i'm fucking hungry, and i'm shitscared i have rabies. motherfucker bit me.

At least you didnt spill your tropical skittles.....................:(