The WTF are u doing with your life thread

homi29

accepted at creighton for med school, but i've got a list of others that i've been put on "high priority for consideration after all interviews are completed" - kinda like a limbo between acceptance and a waitlist. i guess of the those schools, its UCSF, BU/gtown that i'm interested in. sucks that ill have to wait till may, but hey at least i'm gonna be doctor right?

@Cornell getting master's in applied statistics but if all goes well, moving to NYC in May to intern as a sell side analyst at Citigroup then starting at Columbia in the fall for a master's in financial engineering. I'm hoping :\

Go get that quant money! Quit after 5 years of bonuses and open a ramen shop with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did my undergrad in graphic design, traveled for a year before moving to Oz and getting an entry level job in web design for a churn'n'burn online marketing firm.

Ended up doing account & project management for the next 2 jobs after that before getting into online business analysis/campaign management at a decent size financial firm. Things are looking up.

• 4 weeks later...

Just became the "head of social media" for my college's radio station. It'll look good on my resume, and consume some of my free time( I have far too much)

• 1 month later...

my girlfriend is 19 and just graduated from a junior college.

she's waiting to be accepted into a university, and in the meantime is making $4000 a month as a tutor.

i'm an intern, and am hardly getting paid - i'm 19 too - with a year left to go before i graduate. i don't even know what i wanna do.. yet. i'm exploring this and trying to find something i love to do (of course, i wanna have a decent salary, but as we all know it would really help if i loved my job), and i know i don't have much time left.

oh well.

No girl, crappy job, no real career choice, no money, & I dont even want to goto school anymore. But for some reason im chillin. Can't explain it but im kinda diggin life right now.

i'm wrapping up high school (lame) and then i'll be moving back east for college next year (awesome). it's made even better because for the longest time i thought i was going to a community college next year and i wasn't too stoked on that, so the fact that i suddenly got the financial aid i need (no loans either, just grants) and i can go away for school is amazing. on top of that, i'm starting to make more art and i feel mentally opened and it's refreshing to actually be producing work after feeling stagnant creatively for the past few months. also going to re-learn spanish this summer.

~thingz r lookin up~

I'll be a senior in college next year. I was supposed to graduate this year but I took a semester off after my freshmen year, and transferred from an out of state college to an in-state college and the credits got messed up. So I'm back a year. I'm applying to graduate school for English in the fall. Hoping either UCLA or UT Austin. The plan is to be an English professor.

Junior trying to get into consulting. Got a non-consulting internship at a decently regarded startup for the summer. Job/internship search is killing me...

Considering saying fuck it all, teaching english in Korea for a few years after I graduate, and then traveling the world. When else will I ever be able to do something like that?

Currently working at a law firm in their marketing dept. Probably going back to school in the fall, my goal is to get my MBA and get into brand / product management. But until then, im just gonna continue working this job, getting drunk every night and doing hood rat thangs with my friends