NBA Basketball

hamham3001

So many players play the game and never win a title. There is a lot more mileage in Dallas and a lot more heart. Trying to patch some squad of douchey assholes together thinking they can win it all is what pisses everyone off. They are talented...but dancing around acting like fools and making fun of opposing players injuries etc, if you wanna do that shit you better at least bring it on the floor and they just didn't.

As for Bosh crying, I dunno I just don't cry because...well I am a man. But I do feel like he's really the only one of the three who cares at all, but really, how much heart can he have? He deserted the fans in TO to chase a title in one year and he failed. Dirk stuck it out in Dallas and really earned it; J Kidd played on a bunch of shit teams and earned it. I don't feel one bit sorry for boshtrich...he's soft as fuck and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his 'alliance' ended this summer because LBJ and Wade want someone else on their team since obviously (in their minds) nothing they do could have resulted in losing in the finals

He deserted the fans in TO to chase a title in one year and he failed. Dirk stuck it out in Dallas and really earned it;.

Bosh and his supporting cast got him to one playoff appearance in seven years, while Dirk and his crew have been there eleven straight years. You can't knock him and say that he "deserted" fans when he had no real incentive to stay other than sentimental ones.

And as far as I'm concerned, second place for a team that was chopped and screwed around the three stars isn't bad at all. I hate the Heat as much as the next guy, but I'll be one of the first to admit that they'll be even scarier once they become more cohesive as a unit.

And as far as I'm concerned, second place for a team that was chopped and screwed around the three stars isn't bad at all. I hate the Heat as much as the next guy, but I'll be one of the first to admit that they'll be even scarier once they become more cohesive as a unit.

That would sound fine if they hadn't PROMISED a championship this year and 7 MORE in the coming years.

If and when there is another NBA season the whole Eastern division will be setting their teams up to beat THIS team so they better get SUPER FUCKING EXTRA HEAVY DUTY cohesive if they even want to get out of the second round of the playoffs next time.

If they do make the Finals again, good luck beating the Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, Mav's, Trailblazers or whoever else wins that tournament.

party pics..

"Mark Cuban rented out Club Liv beforehand and bought 250 bottles for everybody as the team made their entrance. He's also paying for the entire parade/ceremony out of his own pocket to help out the city of Dallas."

yes baby sits courtside and supposedly put up $2mil on the heat30t6p3b.gif

x2_69345bf.jpg16gxstd.jpg

Dirk drinking the world's biggest bottle of Ace.. $80k at the club??lol

tumblr_lmq2vdB6rT1qzb7vj

4262603.5-DSC_0439.jpg

ymcmb, trey songz

4262606-DSC_0460.jpg

dirk borrowing mahinmi's frames

426260DSC_0491.jpg

426260DSC_0495.jpg

426260DSC_0500.jpg

426260DSC_0503.jpg

That would sound fine if they hadn't PROMISED a championship this year and 7 MORE in the coming years.

They never "promised" anything. Lebron "believes" that with the other two du's that they could win "Not ONE, Not TWO. Not THREE, Not FOUR, Not FIVE, Not SIX, Not SEVEN Championships."

EYe8B--jrbs

Regardless, I hope that the interpretation of his statement means they won't win any championships at all. :)

Bosh and his supporting cast got him to one playoff appearance in seven years, while Dirk and his crew have been there eleven straight years. You can't knock him and say that he "deserted" fans when he had no real incentive to stay other than sentimental ones. .

Well he took less money to go to Miami to lick Wade and LBJ's balls and left Toronto with, as you so aptly stated, one playoff appearance in 7 years. I don't care about Bosh leaving because I know he isn't worth that money, but I'm not the GM and Toronto fans wanted to at least get something for their investment.

But in the context of him whining about losing, he is a pussy. He didn't earn it, how many times do great players win the title without being part of a good, solid and cohesive team? It just doesn't happen. He was drafted by toronto, we paid him max money, he was injured and all that bs. Then he gets healthy and bolts and won't even sign and trade so we get something for him because what, he wants to go to Miami with his butt buddies wade and Lebron? Or he didn't get exposure in Toronto? Yeah well we saw why...he should have been happy making max money in anonymity because he doesn't deserve to be paid top dollars and now EVERYONE knows it not just the people in Toronto.

And men don't cry about losing a game...

Wow, you've gotten so many things wrong here.

Let's go:

Well he took less money to go to Miami to lick Wade and LBJ's balls and left Toronto.

It only took me about 30 seconds of research to determine that Bosh's income in Toronto (after national and provincial taxes) came out to $8,476,32. (This is assuming he was paying taxes in Canada at all and not claiming US residency. Were he to be doing that he'd have been paying even more, as the highest bracket in Canada is 29%, whereas in the US it's 35%)

His income playing for the Heat works out to be $9,447,686 (Because while he's paying a higher federal income tax in the US, Florida lacks an income tax, unlike Ontario.)

This is roughly the same situation as Lebron (minus the Canadian complications.) On paper he took "less money" but he ended up getting to keep more of it. The only person who actually sees less money is Dwyane.

one playoff appearance in 7 years.

wrong: 06-07 and 07-08

I don't care about Bosh leaving because I know he isn't worth that money but I'm not the GM and Toronto fans wanted to at least get something for their investment.

seriously? You don't care? I think you might.

Also: the fans didn't "invest" anything other than their emotions. Given your opinion of men crying about basketball (see below) it seems to me like until you've sunk a few million dollars into a team you should stop whining about your "investment". (And if you're referring to buying tickets, that's not an investment, you got what you paid for. Though we're talking about the Raptors, so maybe not.)

But in the context of him whining about losing, he is a pussy. He didn't earn it.

right: he didn't earn it - and so his team lost. Fair's fair. But in all of the postgame comments the most reasonable sounding guy from Miami has been Bosh. I may not love his game, I may think he's soft, I may think all kinds of shit about him, but his assessment of why they lost was reasonable, and his wishing he'd taken more shots is appropriate. Lebron was curling up in a ball - Bosh SHOULD have been making up for it. Whether it's his own fault or Spoelstra's, he's not wrong. And he's certainly not "whining".

He was drafted by toronto, we paid him max money, he was injured and all that bs. Then he gets healthy and bolts and won't even sign and trade so we get something for him because what, he wants to go to Miami with his butt buddies wade and Lebron? Or he didn't get exposure in Toronto? Yeah well we saw why...he should have been happy making max money in anonymity because he doesn't deserve to be paid top dollars and now EVERYONE knows it not just the people in Toronto.

I don't even know how to respond to this mess of a paragraph. Walk me through it: He was injured, got healthy, got you to the playoffs twice, the organization failed to get him any real help, he was courted by Dwyane, Pat Riley and was guaranteed more money and sandy beaches and the opportunity to play for a winning organization. What did he do wrong? Not sign and trade? Give me a break. I think we can all agree that the current CBA is fucked and I know I can't wait for a renegotiated version that doesn't allow players to totally rape their teams in any number of ways, but until that happens I'm not going to be mad at them for taking advantage of it.

And men don't cry about losing a game...

no, apparently they just cry about losing a player - who apparently they never wanted anyhow.

Seriously - I can't believe you got me to defend Boshtrich. Goddamnit you're clever.

Wow, you've gotten so many things wrong here.

Let's go:

It only took me about 30 seconds of research to determine that Bosh's income in Toronto (after national and provincial taxes) came out to $8,476,32. (This is assuming he was paying taxes in Canada at all and not claiming US residency. Were he to be doing that he'd have been paying even more, as the highest bracket in Canada is 29%, whereas in the US it's 35%)

His income playing for the Heat works out to be $9,447,686 (Because while he's paying a higher federal income tax in the US, Florida lacks an income tax, unlike Ontario.)

This is roughly the same situation as Lebron (minus the Canadian complications.) On paper he took "less money" but he ended up getting to keep more of it. The only person who actually sees less money is Dwyane.

Well you probably should have spent more time, because he would have been earning more money if he had signed with Toronto because of the CBA.

and for the record, bosh decided to go to miami well before lechoke held that dumbass press conference

come on now... you don't really believe this was all planned suddenly just last summer...

My apologies, I resent in a PM...I shouldn't be exposing people to this pointless argument I am taking on.

FWIW Soap's post (then PM) to me made a variety of good points about the money situation that I had both ignored/not considered involving the CBA. Truth is, I didn't consider it partly because we still don't know what it will be, but it's also true that Bosh may have given up some future cash.

(Soap also apparently knows way more than me about tax exemptions for the ultra-wealthy in Ontario, a topic I willingly admit I know zero about.)

aside from that we disagree about bosh and the way he left, etc etc.

ok, moving on.

Exactly...this was in the works for a while. And for the record, Bosh would have made substantially more in Toronto, Christmas in a Submarine is just flat wrong about that. Toronto could have paid him more and given him a 6th year on his deal with $27 million that Miami can't offer him...it is basic stuff, anyone who knows about the CBA knows this

Let's see what he gets in 2017 when he negotiates a deal then, if it is >$27 million (today, obviously indexed to inflation) I owe you a coke.

Yes let's move on...sorry for the hijack