NBA Basketball

hamham3001

what an outstanding game. i was just going to say at how clutch and smart wayde is down the stretch. that quick dunk w/ about 9 seconds left was a good move. not a good move to miss handle the ball at the end.

That was great! This is one of the few times when I can genuinely say that a coach won his team a game. Carlisle won Dallas that game by switching between zone and man defensive sets, spreading the floor, using different pick-and-rolls, and somehow getting a few good minutes out of god damn Brian Cardinal.

That was one of the best games I've ever seen... in about ten different ways.

Also: it really throws into stark relief just how easy it would be for the Mavs, as a team, to outplay the Heat for the rest of the series and still lose.

We haven't played well (on the whole) in any of these games.

Dirk has the flu and is playing like that.

wut

102 degrees of "don't give a fuck, watch me win this game."

Definitely a missed call on a rather obvious travel by Dirk on that drive in the final minute.

Don't matter tho, as long as the Mavs win, sa'll gravy.

This was easily the worst officiating of the series. Wade traveled plenty of times, but you can hardly expect a superstar to get called for steps in these situations.

Not giving Kidd the clear path foul or calling lebron for basket interference on that one tip-in were pretty egregious errors, though.

We haven't played well (on the whole) in any of these games.

I actually disagree. I know that the Mavs are scoring far less than they'd like, but their offense is beautiful even if they're not making the shots. Their ability to get good looks despite the Heat playing very well (mostly by taking some major risks) on D is fantastic.

And the Mavs' defense has only gotten better since the beginning of the playoffs. Tonight it was great, especially at key moments.

I actually disagree. I know that the Mavs are scoring far less than they'd like, but their offense is beautiful even if they're not making the shots. Their ability to get good looks despite the Heat playing very well (mostly by taking some major risks) on D is fantastic.

And the Mavs' defense has only gotten better since the beginning of the playoffs. Tonight it was great, especially at key moments.

Defense has been good. Defensive rebounding hasn't. At all.

Lots of uncharacteristic turnovers.

Lots of not hitting shots we should hit and have hit all season/post-season.

If you ask me, underperforming in uncharacteristic ways (and in ways not affected by the opposing team) is the definition of a team not playing well/up to its potential.

mavs gotta be able to hit a fucking wide open three at the end of games... i mean, dayum! they coulda iced shiet with 5 mins left.

just saw the box score. i'm worried that LBJ is gonna blow up in G5. didn't realize he only had 8 pts.

bynum for monta..

hm..?

Rumor in Philly is Iguodala for Monta. Which would make more sense than Bynum for Monta. It would give the warriors some perimeter defense (let's face it, curry and Ellis aren't guarding anyone). And it would give the sixers someone who'll shoot it 30 times a night. Pretty even trade imo.

Rumor in Philly is Iguodala for Monta. Which would make more sense than Bynum for Monta. It would give the warriors some perimeter defense (let's face it, curry and Ellis aren't guarding anyone). And it would give the sixers someone who'll shoot it 30 times a night. Pretty even trade imo.

Same rumors floating around here.

I am fine with that trade.