NBA Basketball

hamham3001

all that dude's videos are like that... he does get some nice alternate angles of plays only blazers fans probably care about.

also, kemba's game winner absolutely needs to be in here:

pjtN0gKkEZE

goodgooglymoogly. absurdly pretty.

GAWD DOIAMN, that might have been the illest game winner ive ever seen.

upon rewatching that for the tenth time:

I'm no basketball genius, so can someone explain why the hell pitt switched on that pick? It looks like they had plenty of time and plenty of space to move around...

also, right as the shot goes in does anyone else hear that whistle that sounds like the beginning of the beat to "Jump Around" ??

Steph Curry is a guy I would trade a pinkie for.

Started the night shooting pretty terribly and finished like 8-19? including those huge layups over howard? luv that lil dude.

warriors had a ridiculous night:

60% 3p shooting

35 assists on 46 shots (and david lee had 9 of those - wut?)

just imagine how many more 3s would've dropped if redick had played...

The bulky pads make him seem more... strong? explosive? So much of his power comes from his lower body, the pads just accentuate the look. I like em.

and that cocked back double handed double legged throw down is a great signature dunk. Never get tired of it.

edit: shit, now I gotta do this.

H3cUl4iO5d0

I usually enjoy Jeff Van Gundy, but dude's got it wrong. During today's ABC broadcast of the Suns-Magic game, he expressed a belief that only four teams have a legit shot at winning the championship this season: Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Celtics. How in fuck did he leave the Bulls off that list? They've been dominating everyone, and doing so without some of their best players. Not to mention the fact that they've performed exceptionally well against the association's best teams, while the Heat and others have had difficulty against elite competition. LA, San Ant, and Boston are serious contenders, no doubt, but the Bulls belong in that conversation. I don't believe Miami has much of a chance, at least this season. And how about Rose? Guy's elevated his game to such a level that he has to be included in any list of the NBA's top five players. I can't think of too many others who can come out and struggle in one facet of their offensive game, modify their approach quickly, then fucking dominate for the balance of the game.

He justified it by saying they simply didn't have enough talented players to sustain wins in an entire series, aside from the first round. How probable do you think it is that they could beat Miami in a 7 game series, then Boston, then the Lakers/Spurs? Legit question, because I'm kind of on the fence, but leaning towards no.

They could do pretty well in the east, that's no question. They match up pretty well against both Boston and the Heat (though the Heat getting upset by the NYK is appealing as well). Against the Lakers though? They split the season series, as they did against the Spurs, but I don't see it. They are the fun darkhorse this year, in the same way the Thunder are, as the Suns have been for the past five years.

I completely understand where you guys are coming from as non-Chicagoans. I mean only that you probably don't get a chance to see them game-in, game-out. How well would they fair in a seven-game series against Boston or Miami? I genuinely believe they beat them both, especially Miami. As far as the "they don't have enough talented players" to win a series against another great team, I simply disagree. Give me Noah, Boozer, and Deng (who deserves a lot of credit this season. Bulls fans and most prominent members of the Chicago sports media have been trying to run this guy out of town for the past three seasons) to go along with the most dynamic player in the East. Kurt Thomas is two days older than baseball, but he played well earlier this season when Noah was out. Miami is talent-laden in their starting five, but I don't think Bosh has it between the ears to tough it out in a grueling playoff series against a world-class D like the one the Bulls can throw at opponents. Boston is a little trickier, but they're by no means a better team. A better Boston squad needed seven overtime games to eliminate a comparatively weak Bulls team led by a rookie Derrick Rose. And again, the Bulls D is going to be too much.

No matter what happens, its going to be interesting, and a lot of fun.

I don't mean to discount what Boston's accomplished this season, but the Bulls have amassed as many wins while spending almost the entire season playing a man down. Boozer's missed what, 20 games? Noah 30? And if the outcome of a big game is in doubt and I need one guy to make something happen, I'm gonna take Rose right now in the 2010-11 season over anyone on the Celtics roster (at this point in their careers.)

There was a ceremony honoring the 20th anniversary of the Bulls' '90-'91 championship -- the first of the initial three-peat -- last night during halftime. Pretty cool stuff. Brought back a lot of memories. How rad would it have been had Jordan's inveterate gambling not forced him out for the two seasons in between the Bulls' two championship runs? Fucking eight consecutive titles.

caught the first hour, gonna try and catch a re-run later tonight.

anyone fillin' out brackets? is there a specific ncaa thread or something?