NBA Basketball

hamham3001

Hm... well they did beat them by 57 in the last meeting.

But in any case, the way I rationalize weird events as today is that at the end of the day, these are professional basketball players. 15 individual players that can affect the game significantly in 15 individual ways. With that said, I wouldn't be so surprised if they were to make a slight turn around and began to win more consistently. Or maybe today was just a day where most of the 15 players played to their professional potentials, and reverse for the Lakers. Just because they were in this ridiculous losing streak people forgot these men still possessed the skills that they do.

If the Cavs start going on another 10+ losing streak, sure this will have been a somewhat embarrassing loss. But if the Cavs were to snap out of their funk, and began to play like a real basketball team with professional level players, like they are, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

It's still those same professional basketball players that lost 26 games in a row. Bottom line is, there should be no excuse. If Kobe is mad at anyone, he should be mad at himself. He's either (more often than none to his credit) the dynamic all-NBA scorer or the guy who shoots the Lakers out of the game. This is just another prime example of the latter (not to mention Game 7 versus Boston in the Finals which was almost the most costly one).

Epoc, I'm not sure what the Kobe being mad part is coming from. I haven't heard him get unnecessarily angry at his teammates/coach for some time now.

In any case, yeah Kobe had another inefficient night, but Odom shot the same percentage and Bynum shot even worse with no more than 6 rebounds for either of em, and you almost always expect double doubles from both of them. Artest was pretty much invisible once again.

Kobe's done this for quite some time now. That's no excuse, but it's been working, and it's only now that some of his "supporting cast" is faltering is Kobe being so heavily criticized for it. .