goldschmied jeans

r2

you're right..

i was in there and asked - no go, then called them last week and they said they don't, double checked again now and they said no.

but i just checked their brand directory on the net and they do have them - its listed as AG Jeans.. no offence to the people who work on the shop floor, but they don't exactly help by not knowing what the hell's going on..

thanks for your help

not only diesel, he was kind of involved at the start of evisu, too , i think.

there was a thread where they talked about the first shuttle looms and if evisu had some of them or not. and i guess paul t dropped his name and stated that he was involved there in some kind of way..

Ag set up the Genius group, of which Diesel was a part, Replay, and others, and was boss of Team Kit, which among other jobs designed Gap's 1968 range. PLus he had shares in Evis early on. He's the first eprson I know of to produce selvage jeans once all the Cone looms etc were retired, and one of, if not the, first people really to work on replicating the look of vintage jeans, with Martelli. People at Levi's, Diesel, Lee and other companies have cited him as the biggest denim expert in the business, period. I don't know him, but I've spoken to him and he's a very helpful, incredibly knowledgeable guy... who's besotted with denim.

It's kind of strange that he has not done any selvege (that I know of) at AG, despite his instrumental position in bringing it back into popularity.

Selvage is more of a boys' thing, and Adriano's recent efforts were directed more at the women's market. And I suspect he's 'done' selvage, and has moved on. Obviously, selvage is only part of the story, he's also been at the forefront of a big move back to ringring denim.

Was it just cos he got an offer he couldn't refuse that he sold AG? Has anyone seen any Gold Sign product??

chad: It's kind of strange that he has not done any selvege (that I know of) at AG,

i own a AG selvage jeans, beautiful 12 oz heavy but soft ringring denim, pre washed with nice distressing and effects, leather patch, they are called ''denim blue - esthetically constructed''. selvage is like the ones APCs have.

picked them up on ebay for 10 euros [:D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...