TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

La Pallette is a pretty romantic place for French food. Not too expensive, and pretty good.

Note Bene is fancy, and delicious. "Contemporary Canadian" whatever that means. I got much better service there when I went with my dad than when I went with my girlfriend at the time, though. Not too expensive though, and if you can get your hands on a nice bottle of wine, no corkage after 9.

A lot of people are fans of Harbord Room, and it's got a cool vibe and descent food that I'd imagine you'd enjoy.

I've really wanted to go to Buca for a while, but it's a little more pricey, and I can't really recommend it since I haven't been there BUT everyone I know who gone has told me to go. For a cheaper, but still nice Italian option, Terroni on Adelaide has a really nice interior, though is a little noisy, and there are no reservations.

If you want a real panty dropper, take her for drinks before or after at the Park Hyatt's rooftop. It's a spectacular view, the drinks are justifiably expensivej so based on their strength and quality, and you just feel very cool being treated by the old school service. That's my not-so-secret way to impress a girl in Toronto.

Guest junior8k
unfortunately the mcdonalds by dunbat is closed so i don't know where to take girls this summer

Fucking construction. Ruining my game too. The timmy's is still open so I got a nice dinner spot for my bitches.

HBlack, kind of random but I think I passed by you on my bike a week ago. I was with my buddy who decided we were going to venture north at Queen/Yonge and you kept going down Queen.

I was on my shitty IRO and he was riding his sexy, new silver makino.

ha, yeah i remember that, two dudes on the fixies

^^i don't know about au noir.. anyone been? all the reviewers that like it only skim over the food and those who actually spend some time delving beyond the gimmick call it mediocre. cooks at my restaurant said to avoid it as well

Guest junior8k

it's about $40 a person at O Noir. So, for the *decent* meat, and experience, worth going once. Not more than that.

Does anyone know if McDonald's does summerlicious? I'm asking for my date.

Guest junior8k

Most places in ontario are closed for the summer. It's been a steamer. Ruining the slopes. Maybe blue mountain still has something open?

Edit: blue mountain closed

Where is the coolest, most legit place to go on a ski/snowboard trip in Ontario?

A lot of the places i'm looking up look super lame.

I hope you don't mean now. Snow has been melted for about 5 months.

If you want good park snowboarding Mt St Louis or Horseshoe are the best but you there's no accommodation at either.

Blue Mountain is decent - more hill than the two aforementioned but their park hasn't been up to par the last few years.

There's a tonne of condo's/rentals/hotels/motels in the area and the nightlife at Blue Mountain is good too.

But yea, snowboard season doesn't start until late December

tremblant or vermont. If you can find someone with a membership to alpine in collingwood, I would just go stay at a chalet in collingwood and ski there. they have the best runs I've skiid in ontario and their park is unreal. Also because its private there's never a line and the runs are never crowded. last time I was there a few years back the atomic team was practicing there.

• 2 weeks later...

beer fest is always a good time

I "worked" (got in free, wore a tshirt, served some beer, drank more beer, traded beer for pulled pork and ribs and pizza) it the last few years with Robert Simpson/Flying Monkeys

Unfortunately cant make it this year due to Wakestock falling on the same weekend.