TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

^^according to the ticket, April 22

and yeah, they're back on tour for a few select dates

man, they're selling tickets extremely early

so going suit shopping this weekend

any places anybody recommend to check out?

the best burger is by a long shot either the in n out or the juicy lucy at stockyards. they're among the top burgers i've ever eaten, easily.

This.

You guys ever see the meat trucks deliver to utopia? Frozen everything fam, Uptop is decent and all but you should take pause about a bison burger that clocks in at 12$, you ever see a bison? You couldn't pay me that little to kill one of them shits.

Something has to be under kosher with that deal.

Hit the stockyards. Or, if you want to eat a decent burger just anywhere then Craft on king is aight, ten bucks sits right for ground beef.

Czehoski is 10.17 with tax, also a decent shot.

^^according to the ticket, April 22

and yeah, they're back on tour for a few select dates

man, they're selling tickets extremely early

I can't see the tickets clearly on my screen, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. Thanks for letting me know though.

I might actually be able to make it, since my exams will likely be finished by then. It would be such a great show to see.

apache burger guys do not give a fuck about you, the customer. but i did have a pretty good bite there the other week.

apparently the owner has a penchant for hiring ex-cons, which would explain a lot about the dudes working there.

I'm even less excited for it than usual. I'll definitely be out and about, and I'll definitely be drunk, but I donno. The art is always so fucking awful and I can't do the entire thing this year because i've got a date or some bullshit tomorrow.

I just hope the rain fucks off.

I can't see the tickets clearly on my screen, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. Thanks for letting me know though.

I might actually be able to make it, since my exams will likely be finished by then. It would be such a great show to see.

yeah, i wasn't actually saying it to be a dick (if i came across that way)

just an FYI - the 3 shows are easter weekend (i assume that's the reason for the 2pm show on the sunday)

so you should be good to go

RE: Nuit Blanche - yeah, i hear you guys regarding the art...it has definitely gone down (at least my interest in it). but i just love being out and about in the city w/ shitloads of people. i'll be down there, bundled up cause of this weather.

all black er'ryting

I don't normally post in this thread (or even on this site) but I just need to chime in re: burgers in Toronto:

The burger at Allen's is my favourite overall, and actually one of my favourite burgers I've had anywhere. If you like to stick to the basics it can't be beat- the patties are made to order and they'll cook it to whatever doneness you like, and they use good quality naturally raised beef. It's really basic but pretty much perfect, I wouldn't change a thing about it. Simple, fresh and super high quality. It's not a place to go if you want all sorts of crazy toppings, they pretty much only offer ketchup, mustard and a few cheeses, but it's just high quality, simple freshness. The patty is nice, thick and round and obviously hand formed, so you get a nice crust on the outside but the inside isn't overcooked. I get mine medium and after a few bites I have juice running down my arm. Fuck damn, all this talking about it is making me want to go get one now.... It's 9 bucks, but doesn't come with any sides. The fries there aren't great but the caesar salad is awesome.

My second favourite is at the stockyards. Awesome, juicy and delicious, and great fries too. The patty is thinner, though, and the flavour is real nice but it only comes medium well and I wasn't able to convince them to do it medium. I don't remember how much it costs but it's a little cheaper than Allen's.

For more casual places the BQM diner on Queen (haven't been to the other locations) will do your burger as low as medium, and it's good that way. You can have it medium well too but it's not quite as juicy. Good stuff, Allen's tastes better to me. Craft burger is good too but they don't do anything below medium well as far as I know.

Haven't had any super $50 dollar brie de meaux and foie gras miracle burgers, not my style

Hahaha I actually haven't been to Dangerous Dan's come to think of it. It's probably awesome though.

The best thing about Apache is that they're open until 4am on Friday and Saturday nights. When I lived in the suburbs I had post-drinking burgers there all the time.... It's fine but there's really nothing special about it. Good onion rings though