show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

do you guys have good cobblers locally, or do you use services like resole.com? i'd love to put a new sole on my clarks, but i'm apprehensive about the local shoe repair place, it's a shitty mall-type chain. only proper old-school cobbler nearby has a 2-month turnaround time right now. (result of being only proper cobbler, i guess)

do you guys have good cobblers locally, or do you use services like resole.com? i'd love to put a new sole on my clarks, but i'm apprehensive about the local shoe repair place, it's a shitty mall-type chain. only proper old-school cobbler nearby has a 2-month turnaround time right now. (result of being only proper cobbler, i guess)

a resole shouldn't be that difficult for DB, honestly, it's just him cutting and gluing it on.

picked these up vintage...

15p6fbt.jpg

fxb0d0.jpg

68bokg.jpg

2ajnrc4.jpg

w9iukk.jpg

169j59v.jpg

irish made, dubbed the "lugger" but a google search yields a totally different model. Never seen these before in my life...weird rubber (not-crepe) sole look like low cut desert boots....unreal, too big selling right now for being held per pair in the market.

bonus "fit" pic...god I wish these fit me anybody with any info feel free to chime in, interested to learn more about this model.

9sq60x.jpg

need some help ID'ing the clarks I posted above...

emailed clarks direct and they are working on getting back to me...stumped, there seems to be NO information about them online whatsoever. Anyone have any insight?

just grabbed a pair of beeswax treks, and last night i dyed my sloans( discontinued 2005 style that looks like a boot version of the natalie but with gusseted sides and no laces) all black. next week i plan to get a pair of dessies and dye em oxblood with some kiwi...i had a pair a few years ago like this that were killer thriller

just bought a pair of beeswax bushacre's

I was thinking that it would look like leather as I knew it - but then they turned out to be suede?

someone clarify my confusion for me

anyone have pics of their own beeswax bushacre's?

just bought a pair of beeswax bushacre's

I was thinking that it would look like leather as I knew it - but then they turned out to be suede?

someone clarify my confusion for me

anyone have pics of their own beeswax bushacre's?

Maybe you read wrong or just got the wrong pair. Beeswax is raw leather and not suede.

I know to size down but anyone think if I fit in a size 12 of vans authentics I can squeeze into a pair of 10.5 DB's?

i don't recommend this, seeing as going one size down is already a perfect fit for me, if not a little snug. going down 1.5 seems way too much.

They look really smooth. Are you sure theyre suede? Or atleast the same type of suede as other Clarks boots?

I believe I saw a pair of "beeswax" bushacres at a Clarks outlet once and it wasn't the same texture/finish of the beeswax DB's. It was lighter in color and the feel was a tad bit different than the regular beeswax, but they werent suede. And I think they were labeled beeswax. Also I think they were older stock.

Where did you purchase those from?

grabbed a pair of classic sand suede dessies a few days ago...and my brother snatched up some sand suede weaver boots

I was checking out the desert green and it makes sense to me that if you shave off the heels a bit they probably would be more comfy. i was wondering how i would accomplish this without screwing it up...there is a good cobbler in town, i think i will run by there and see what they say...

well, I have a pair of black wallabee's, and those are what I know as "leather". this material looks/feels like what i know as "suede".

as for how it compares to the other clarks suede shoes, I have no idea - but I would speculate that this is a finer "sueded" material.

I bought them off Ebay for $100.

img00200201103190245.jpg

Ahh from this ^^^ picture its a little different.

I believe those are the same type as the ones I looked at previously. They are definitely not the same beeswax as the DB's, but they are also not like the "normal" suede Clarks uses. It does have that characteristic of suede where you can leave "marks" on it by rubbing it a certain way.

I'd say theyre pretty nice. But if you were aiming for the beeswax like on the DB's, I can understand why you're confused.

Was looking at getting beeswax DB's too, but I think ankle area is just a bit too uncomfortable. Ended up getting these instead a while back. Beeswax Adder's. Crepe sole on the toe and heel for comfortable walking, rubber sole in the middle for traction. The inside of the shoe is also generously padded which I liked.

t9jpc0.png