Things that were better back then

As technology advances, things get better, at least they're supposed to. Cell phones, cars, TV's, computers, they all get better, and cheaper, by the day. But there are a lot of things that used to be good, and are now mediocre. Here are some things that I think used to be better than they are now...

-Razors- Triple blades, quadruple blades, vibrating power handles, mach 12's, they're all bogus gimmicks. Double edge safety razors and straight edge razors give you a better shave and a cheaper than grocery store razors.

-Denim- I can't speak from experience on this one, as I was rocking Bugle Boys when I was a kid, but from I understand you could get made in the U.S.A. Levi's redlines and dope Lees relatively easily and inexpensively. Nowadays you have a lot of specialty denim companies like Sugar Cane, Samurai, etc., but they're expensive and hard to get.

-Spray paint- Again I can't speak from experience on this, but American spray paint used to be of better quality and come in a wider variety of brands and colors. Similar to denim, you now have companies that cater specifically to graffiti writers like Belton and Montana, but you can't rack them and they're kind of expensive.

Add some more stuff that you thought was better back in the day.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portable stereos - grant it, CD/MP3 quality is much better than audio cassette however I feel like sound is much better coming from an older stereo vs. the ones out these days. And it seems like they're starting to move over to iPod or Zune speakers soon. Death of AM/FM and does anyone even listen to SW besides old army guys?

This is a pretty awesome one though..

18blaster.jpg

but I'd rather have one of these any day:

rcm90-1.jpg

Spray paint-[/b] Again I can't speak from experience on this, but American spray paint used to be of better quality and come in a wider variety of brands and colors. Similar to denim, you now have companies that cater specifically to graffiti writers like Belton and Montana, but you can't rack them and they're kind of expensive.

stick to krylon son.

Fuck, most everything was made better- electronic equipment, a lot of clothing and shoes, homes. Everthing is now disposable, or unrepairable. Tv breaks? Fuck, buy a new one, it's not made to be fixed. Fuel pump out? Wanna rebuild it? tough shit, ain't gonna happen.

Rock and roll used to be made better, at least on a larger scale.

popularity of appliances that come in a wide range of color (coming back though)

concepts of the future (jet packs, food pellets, jetsons)

gas prices

less obesity

institutionalized child labor

one room schoolhouses

my friends and i still talk about how the gas station next to our high school was .89$ a gallon. and it wasn't even that long ago...

chuck e cheese, went for my nephews birthday last year and it was fucking lame, not just that but the pizza was abysmally disgusting, i literally covered it with hot sauce and pepper flakes to mask the nasty.

Guest StuckOnStupid

who was it that said the time has come to fuck nostalgia in the ass, set it on fire, and roll its corpse down Main Street? i dont know but it is so very true.

this kind of talk reminds me of buddies who get together after a while and spend the entire time talking about "remember this, remember that" blah blah blah blah. Also "I miss the old new york/chicago/toronto" whatever.

When all you do is reminisce you are essentially conceding that nothing REALLY good can happen anymore..that human creativity reached its zenith 'back in the day', and that it's all downhill from here. fuck it man, kill yourself if that's the case....why not?

Guest StuckOnStupid
Fuck, most everything was made better- electronic equipment, a lot of clothing and shoes, homes. Everthing is now disposable, or unrepairable. Tv breaks? Fuck, buy a new one, it's not made to be fixed. Fuel pump out? Wanna rebuild it? tough shit, ain't gonna happen.

Rock and roll used to be made better, at least on a larger scale.

how can you be nostalgic for a time when you wrrent even fucking alive?

Guest StuckOnStupid

oh yeah, i fucking DARE Jurassic 5 to come out again. i will fuck every single one of those old farts up the ass with a MIMS cd. thats correct, i would MUCH rather watch the top 10 of the worst shit on BET than ever hear jurrasic 5 do anything ever. i would love if they died.

if i see another motherfucking rehash of adidas suits and rope chains and fucking breakdancing kangol hat....or hair metal tribute....or jangly guitar-y english band..ugh.

screw any american complaining of gas prices. what, its $2.70 per gallon? do you know what I pay? $1.70 per litre, thats $7.65 per gallon.

gas prices in the US should be twice what they are, maybe someone would think twice before buying a fucking hummer.