Things that were better back then

Guest StuckOnStupid
i have a theory that the world peaked in 1986 and has slowly been getting crappier and crappier. im also prety sure the future is gonna suck.

your theory is wrong. thats not my opinion, by the way, its just the truth.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the world did, indeed, peak in 1986, but it has only been ratcheting up towards higher heights.

see, i was born in 1986, and the older i get, the better the universe is.

nothing was better before when i was born, and everything has been fanfuckingtastic since. you should all thank my moms.

to me, what's good is good, no matter when or where.

there are plenty of great stuff today if you look at the right place, just as there are also tons of crap. but i'm sure it's always been that way. i can definitely tell you that not everything old was good. it's just that very few people intentionally collect crap from yesterdays and that's why we don't remember a lot of them.

to me, what's good is good, no matter when or where.

there are plenty of great stuff today if you look at the right place, just as there are also tons of crap. but i'm sure it's always been that way. i can definitely tell you that not everything old was good. it's just that very few people intentionally collect crap from yesterdays and that's why we don't remember a lot of them.

Good point Chicken,

Late 70s Harleys

AMC Pacer

8 track tapes and players

Jordash Jeans

DID YOU LIVE IN THE TIME THAT YOU ARE REFERENCING? N O.

THIS IS THE SINGLE DUMBEST THINGS TO SAY, EVER. "THINGS WERE BETTER BACK THEN."

As technology advances, things get better, at least they're supposed to. Cell phones, cars, TV's, computers, they all get better, and cheaper, by the day. But there are a lot of things that used to be good, and are now mediocre. Here are some things that I think used to be better than they are now...

-Razors- Triple blades, quadruple blades, vibrating power handles, mach 12's, they're all bogus gimmicks. Double edge safety razors and straight edge razors give you a better shave and a cheaper than grocery store razors.

-Denim- I can't speak from experience on this one, as I was rocking Bugle Boys when I was a kid, but from I understand you could get made in the U.S.A. Levi's redlines and dope Lees relatively easily and inexpensively. Nowadays you have a lot of specialty denim companies like Sugar Cane, Samurai, etc., but they're expensive and hard to get.

-Spray paint- Again I can't speak from experience on this, but American spray paint used to be of better quality and come in a wider variety of brands and colors. Similar to denim, you now have companies that cater specifically to graffiti writers like Belton and Montana, but you can't rack them and they're kind of expensive.

Add some more stuff that you thought was better back in the day.

Good point Chicken,

Late 70s Harleys

AMC Pacer

8 track tapes and players

Jordash Jeans

ha ha ha, exactly! :D

if anybody claim they think 8 tracks were better, they could only be talking out of pure nostalgia, or insanity.

but things that do stand the test of time, are often unbelievably awesome.

DID YOU LIVE IN THE TIME THAT YOU ARE REFERENCING? N O.

THIS IS THE SINGLE DUMBEST THINGS TO SAY, EVER. "THINGS WERE BETTER BACK THEN."

Damn, the single dumbest things? Ever?!

That's pretty dumb I guess. I'm going to go kill myself now for being so dumb.

I didn't mean for anyone to get so upset by this thread that they were forced to type responses with the caps lock on.

First of all, I never said "things were better back then," I said, "things that were better back then." There's a difference, albeit subtle.

Secondly, why must one live in a specific time period in order to enjoy products from that time?

Thirdly, I prefaced my statements to indicate that I didn't grow up with with said products and I was relying on hearsay more or less.

Lastly, relax holmes. Unless you secretly work for Gillette, and are angry with me for publicly lambasting your product. In which case you have reason to type in all caps.

eastcoast, hope you didn't think i was trying to derail or flame your post. it was just a little observation i made. and i think your thread is good and relevant.

for example, i really like my schott cafe racer leather jacket i bought a few months ago, but the ykk zippers really feel cheap compared to the talon zippers i've seen from other jackets from the past. and they don't work nearly as smoothly.

and darkanimal brought up a very good point. :D

ha ha ha, exactly! :D

if anybody claim they think 8 tracks were better, they could only be talking out of pure nostalgia, or insanity.

but things that do stand the test of time, are often unbelievably awesome.

talk about something that forced you to listen.....i love the complete lack of features in 8 tracks.

women were more subservient then. goddamnit, if i asked suzie to the dance, she'd be so flustered she'd hand her hymen to me in a tiffany's box.

not now. bitches got all empowered and shit.

nope...it's the dudes that got soft

in that case, we're going to the spring dance friday and you're giving me your hymen in a tiffany's box, youre going to have lots of fun, drink one glass of punch, let me feel your ass during the last dance, and you'll sing back when i sing "girl you know i can't help it, you're making it hard for meeeeee".

Guest StuckOnStupid

pshhh, so says the rican girl.

spanish girls think you're a pussy if you dont smack em around a few times a year....

Guest StuckOnStupid
and you'll sing back when i sing "girl you know i can't help it, you're making it hard for meeeeee".

i like quite a bit of R&B, but that song has always put me off my food whenever i hear it. i just imagine some bored looking black girl looking back at me chewing her gum and saying "i can see that you like it like that-that-that..." referring to my boner.