Self Edge X Imperial

Tyro1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

received my sz 30 indigos todai, love 'em. ended up having to pay $65 customs, but what the hey, it was worth it :)

They charged you 65% in taxes??

That's odd because we've heard very few instances of people paying ANYTHING in taxes..

you don't pay 65% in taxes, but it's 25% off goods + shipping. And in addition to that, there's 2 different handling and administration fees, so if the value is low (but still high enough to get stuck in customs) it might seem like a high percentage (like in this case).

if packages are declared at a low value they usually slip through unnoticed though. I pay customs for maybe 1/10 out of everything shipped to me from the states, they're usually all valued at $30-40.

I paid $18 in taxes. Shipped to Canada and my jeans were marked as $100.

Also on Hypbeast we have started a denim contest with the SEXI04's:

http://www.hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63742

anyone on superfuture is welcome to sign up to Hypebeast and joing in the contest by sending a couple pics and putting thier name down.

Went and got my pair slimmed out as the legs were too big for my liking. So, I took them over to Bears in Shimokitazawa (who I believe contracts their repairs/alterations to Denim Doctor in Shibuya). Anyway, heres pics of mine, unfortunately I dont have B4 pics, but the fit is totally different. Also, had a couple inches taken off the bottom.

imp3pv6.jpg

imp4ju7.jpg

imp5gu9.jpg

imp6hy4.jpg

recentpsexiem5.jpg

what was the point in buying those jeans at all if you're going to change it so dramatically?
Haha yeah, you might as well just get some Dukes or something and then alter those.

maybe it`s easier to alter an already slim pair of jeans?!

Damn, you straight murdered those.

Anyways, has anyone soaked their SEXI04's yet? I just did a really reallly hot soak on mine, love the fit now. Too bad all the starch is gone and now the 'shine' is also gone... nevertheless, the jeans are still sick.