Replay Jeans Fade Pics

thinkfilm28

well youre not about to develop any now.

I'm not stuck up on honey combs if I get them, I get them. If not, no big deal. I have other pairs of jeans with honey combs. So it's not a big deal to me.

PS. Anyone who has replay jeans let's see your pics and comments about what experience you've had with them.

those whiskers are definitely factory applied distressing...they dont look natural in the slightest..

but otherwise decent looking denim...too bad they had to ruin it with a bad wash

All I can tell you is that they were very dark when I bought them and I wore them a few times and this is how they came out after washing. As for factory applied distressing, I don't believe they were, but then again, I'm not an expert. If you guys say there was factory applied distressing, I'll take your word for it. It was very dark and now after washing it has this fade. Wish I had taken photos of them brand new and posted on SF -- but I bought them long before I got on SF.

yeah they are predistressed but i dont think he posted these to show off his predistressions

i really like that you posted this cause there is very little posts about washed jeans

that have faded over time, because all jeans fade raw or not.

something i find interesting about it, cause they fade differently than raws

just cause they already have a sort of set tone and color n shit.

yeah they are predistressed but i dont think he posted these to show off his predistressions

i really like that you posted this cause there is very little posts about washed jeans

that have faded over time, because all jeans fade raw or not.

something i find interesting about it, cause they fade differently than raws

just cause they already have a sort of set tone and color n shit.

Exactly. All I was doing was to post the pictures of this pair of Jeans that I bought back in the day 93/94 when Replay had a Store in Soho and in Beverly Hills with the whole coffee bar/Denim bar thing was starting to really take off. Starbucks was starting to take off as well. The launch of the RRL store across from their flagship store on 72nd on Madison was blowing up.(RRL had stores in Macy's and Lord and Taylor (believe or not) The whole grunge plaid retro thing was happening, work boots et al was blah blah blah -- anyway this was when I was introduced to Selvage denim. I just wanted to share with like minded denim enthusiasts. Nothing more, nothing less. Peace.

thinkfilm, it's quite interesting that Replay actually had a repro cut (levi's 47, you said) around 93/94. would this have been around the Diesel selvedge era as well?

how much were these pair of jeans when you got them?

I believe, If memory serves me right, about $150 0r $175 can't be more than that. They basicaly competed with rrl which was priced at $175 for their selvage. At the time that was the most expensive jean rrl had. In terms of the cut. It was basicaly the lvc 47 cut that came up in 1990's -- I have a feeling that rrl was the inspiration of the early lvc cause rrl started in 1993 -- the lvc show did not show up till 1995 I think -- I still have a rrl selvage that I bought back in 1993 and the cut is a dead ringer for the current lvc 1947 so is the replay I have. It's interesting that the whole repro is huge now. I guess one can trace it back to the early 90's. I'll try to post pics of my early rrl's -- it's crazy that the rrl sizes these days are out of wack. Back then, they were true to size. They also had a variation on the acurate stitch on the back pocket, not the plain back pocket they have today. They also had a different label. Diesel back then was starting to break out, but they were not as huge today. Believe it or not, I had a selvage denim by mossimo (Kurabo) that was purchase at the 59th st bloomingdales for like $200 -- This was way before mossimo became crap that's being sold in Target. They acually had a really cool men line. It's sad sometimes how the young designers come out with really high quality items when they start out. They get big, the the quality deminishes. Anyway, my 2 cents.

PS. Forgive my typos -- just typing fast my recollection.