Skin itch from dirty denim?

chad

Errr this is a bit awkward, so I am telling you this in total confidence about a little denim problem I might have. Lets just keep it between you and me, ok?

I don't know if I am totally paranoid and spend too much time thinking about denim, or my girlfriend finally put some fear into me after telling me everyday to wash my jeans, but I think when I wear my APC's that haven't seen a wash in a while, my skin itches ever so slightly around my thighs and knees. It is more like an irritation rather than an itch.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I should probably just wash them, but I wanted to share this with someone.

meatloaf2zc4.jpg

when I first got my Diors I had a similar feeling on my thighs, but if I remember it was especially when I would take them off, because they had been tight around my thighs all day. It was a little bit uncomfortable but once they stretched out it went away.

they are the new cures so they are pretty slim, but the thing is i have worn them for months and months with no problems. i am probably just getting really fat and am in denial!

there isn't a rash.

the thing i i don't know if it is the winter dry air or dirty jeans. you don't have to be einstein to know that wearing dirty jeans probably isn't the most hygienic thing.

i only washed them once when i woke up inexplicably with white paint all over the groin area!!!

oh well, i think it is time for a wash.

one time, there was/were bug/bugs lived in the bottom of my jeans (a bit above my angle area). They caused little bumps (like Mosq bites) fucking itchy and looked funny

wow that is disgusting.

if you're jeans feel dirty and you dont want to really wash them yet, you can at least soak them in water (mildly soapy water would be better)

i'd say if you're only at a stage where you think you're being paranoid, then try letting your denim sit in the sun inside/out for an afternoon first. that should kill whatever that might or might not be there.

if you're already at a stage where you definitely know there's something funky going on in your denim, then you must wash.

my sister has this problem when she is wearing raw denim.. do not ask me how or why.. i dont have a clue.. but i have never felt any irritation whatsoever from denim

Here's a nice story that my dad always tells me when I talk to much about the whole not washing denim thing:

"When the missionaries came to Papua New Guinea they told the local tribes not to walk around naked all the time. Instead they should cover their nakedness with clothes. However, they forgot to mention that clothes have to be washed every so often (especially in a hot, humid, tropical climate) so in no time the locals had all these rashes and skin diseases!"

crotch rotttt

damn it! I was going to say that!

If your jeans don't smell like ass and you're still getting a reaction, it's probably the starch. I always do a soak on my jeans before I wear, not because I want to shrink to size, but to remove any excess starch from the jean. I still get pretty good wears anyway.

If your jeans smell like ass, it's time for a wash.

If your jeans smell like wet soggy ass, you've probably got crotch fungus and its time for a wash (and some anti-fungal lotion).

Remember, bug feed off the dead skin cells trapped in the fibres of the denim.

I tried to go the febreze way but ended up having a reaction to the febreze.