Tattoos

Because I'm going to do that tomorrow and the last session was only three weeks ago. Next one is three weks from now. I'm not a Masochist haha. Just wanted to have those tiny free spots covered while I had the Chance to do it.

Edited by Max Power

You get tattoos you are a masochist, admit it; everyone here is a masochist and we all talk about how much fun and how cool our masochism looks. That is the whole thread. :P

Ya I feel like tattoo pain varies from individual to individual. Like my collarbones, foot, ankle, and achilles all hurt way less than expected. That being said, I just got a crow done by Philip Yarnell at the LA pop up that covers my ribs and stomach and I was definitely experiencing mild shock the last hour of it. Really crazy, legs and arms all trembly and when I stood up at the end I felt like I was going to faint. No idea why that one fucked me up so badly. 

Actually I never got this "I love the pain" attitude. There are some spots that really suck and I think I had my share of pain with over 80-90 hours of Tattoos so far. I don't Need a needle in a barely healed area near my buttcrack B)

I only enjoy two things about getting tattoos, the stencil going on and the finished product.  Anything in-between those moments of happiness is agony for me.

I watched someone go All-In for their first tattoo and chose a stomach/rib piece for her first tattoo.  She leaped to the corner of the chair in the middle of the session and started bawling her eyes out.  It made me dread getting my chest and stomach a little more than I already had.

Probably gonna get my elbow pit done in 5 days, can't imagine that it is going to be fun lol

I don't have my whole ditch tattooed, but big parts of it on one of my arms. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! Good luck though!

So much Black, so many small details.  That piece is going to be awesome but time intensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn Max! That back piece is going to be so incredible when it's finished.

Keep the photos coming as the color starts to go in.  B)

I hate seeing myself post twice in a row but I had an experience that was totally alien to me.  In my town most of the artists are walk-in or maybe want some structure and ask for some warning so they schedule a couple days down the road.  I attempted to call State of Grace Tattoo to start booking with Horitomo, I was told that Horitomo's direct assistant was out until Tuesday and that the last estimate for his work was 2 years.  My mouth hung open, I am not upset or anything about him being so popular just purely stunned that someone could have that many people in line for that long. 

Still going to call Tuesday to start the process.  I also am going to attempt to start a booking with Koji Ichimaru since I now suspect he will have an equally long wait time and would prefer to be in line to get a tattoo when he comes to the states next.

I hate seeing myself post twice in a row but I had an experience that was totally alien to me.  In my town most of the artists are walk-in or maybe want some structure and ask for some warning so they schedule a couple days down the road.  I attempted to call State of Grace Tattoo to start booking with Horitomo, I was told that Horitomo's direct assistant was out until Tuesday and that the last estimate for his work was 2 years.  My mouth hung open, I am not upset or anything about him being so popular just purely stunned that someone could have that many people in line for that long. 

Still going to call Tuesday to start the process.  I also am going to attempt to start a booking with Koji Ichimaru since I now suspect he will have an equally long wait time and would prefer to be in line to get a tattoo when he comes to the states next.

two years?! I wouldnt be surprised if a few drop off.

I feel like year long waiting lists is kind of bullshit! There's lots of really big names that doesn't have two year longs waiting lists. It depends on how they book appointements. Valerie Vargas for example opens her books twice a year and books for the next 6 months. No long waiting lists. Other artist for example only books for 3 weeks at a time.

Surely som of the artist warrants long waiting lists, but sometimes I feel like it's a gimmick and a way of keeping the really commited customers. I guess there's plusses and minuses with all methods

I think along the same lines as Marw with this type of ordeal.  All the minuses seem to fall in the customers' lap though when doing long period bookings.

Development:  I got my appointment with Horitomo!  I got the run down and the way it goes is in a year I will get a call and they will secure a deposit and begin the drawing process, afterwards I will fly out get destroyed and then go home.

Edited by FLDenim211

I've been doing a crazy amount of thinking about what tattoo to get for my first one (and beyond). I want them all to have a similar look and weight, so it's taking some planning. 

I think the style I want is something like a linocut/wooden block stamp I love that it has such a defined structure, but is not exact.  Something about that is so appealing to me. 

Here are some options I'm looking at: 

GK6Afet.jpg?1 (On my inner arm) 

or 

spenkBC.jpg (one on the back of each upper arm) 

or

l2h3pBb.jpg (just dem birds) 

Originally I thought I wanted something super detailed and medieval-y, but it just ain't for me.