hockey

julianREE

• 2 weeks later...

IMO boston shouldn't even be in the playoffs, they were like 8th seed and falling, how does Boston make it into the playoffs and Carolina doesn't?

Guy Carbonneau is going to get the boys together tonight and Boston is going to get disposed of like they should have been after the 4th game

^^ I kindof feel the same way about Montreal, I really wont be bothered if they beat the Bruins, I'm really just happy that the B's came back and fought for a few wins... something to get fans back into it for next season...

Though the thought of winning all of the major championships in one year or two (Pat's next year!) is enticing.

what? the flyers are getting dominated by montreal on the ice. It's a really weird series. Pittsburgh is just going to rape Philly if they win against mtl.

I'm a Habs fan and everything, but Philly is just pushing them around. They look like huge pussies against power forwards such as RJ Umburger and Jeff Carter. I mean look at Philly on the PK, they are very agressive. I hope MTL takes it to 7 games, i really do love the habs.

Last night the Red Wings made a statement, saying watch the fuck out. They are definately going to make it to the finals, and I always thought that Pitty was going to win the stanley cup no matter what, but now, I dont know.

Tough 4 OT L for the sharks, but IMO they weren't built for the playoffs. Joe thorton is just not a playoff type of guy, averages 0.6 points throughout his playoff career? Cmon Joe.

Basically if Pitty doesn't win it all, I'll be shocked. And I'm a red wings fan

Worse case is a red wings/pitty final cause I really don't know who to bet on, I'd probably throw money on Pitty but god damn, that will be the best Cup final in years!

watching the agonizing four overtimes and a loss by sharks last night totally blew.

sharks played shitty the first three games, it's their own fault for bowing out again in the second round.

i smell lots of changes in the coaching/management department.

i dont even want to predict who's going to the finals. my original prediction of montreal vs. san jose was grossly miscalculated..

• 4 weeks later...

I was downtown Detroit watching it at the Hockeytown Cafe and when Rafalski scored to make it 3-2 wings, people went nuts like the Cup was already won.

I'm obviously a Wings fan but the way the people were celebrating before the game and talking about the parade like the Cup was being won last night was retarded and I'm glad Pittsburgh won.

How about Ryan Malone getting drilled in the face with the puck then coming out and playing the rest of the game looking like a monster, Pitty showed alot of heart last night.

I was downtown Detroit watching it at the Hockeytown Cafe and when Rafalski scored to make it 3-2 wings, people went nuts like the Cup was already won.

I'm obviously a Wings fan but the way the people were celebrating before the game and talking about the parade like the Cup was being won last night was retarded and I'm glad Pittsburgh won.

How about Ryan Malone getting drilled in the face with the puck then coming out and playing the rest of the game looking like a monster, Pitty showed alot of heart last night.

I live on street with a bunch of bars, every time the Wings scored I heard a bunch of hoorays, every time the Penguins scored boos. Then that last goal in the 3rd period sucked. hah

Rough game for the Wings fans to see but they will win it in Pittsburgh tomorrow night. You all will have to wait until the parade to flip cars and start fires.

When your 20 year old goalie stops 55 for 58, and you got guys like Ryan Malone taking clappers in the face and you win in triple OT to spoil the favored teams home victory, there's a huge momentum shift going back to Pittsburgh.

It's going to go to 7 games.