Grand Theft Auto IV

ghostdeini

Can't stop playing....

(Regarding a story line dealing with Playboy X and Dwayne)

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Anyone play the Holland plan mission yet (i.e., the one where you have to decide whether to kill Dwayne or Playboy X? Who did you choose to kill? I thought that killing Dwayne would make more sense because he's already suicidal and because I was getting the mad paper hookup from Playboy, but I decided to kill Playboy instead because Dwayne reminded me of myself. I inherited Playboy's crib, but I really want to go back and kil Dwayne to see what happens. I think I should finish out the game and then go back and reload that particular file just to sate my curiosity. I was very much torn about whether to let Ivan go earlier as well. (I let him and Dwayne's girl both live.)

Kill Playboy X and you get his apartment as a safehouse and Dwayne as a friend (Who can send his goons to back you up on missions)

Kill Dwayne and you get $25000, no safehouse, don't know about him being your friend

According to whichever game forum I read this shit on, the decision shouldn't alter whether you get to do any of the later missions.

The other people that you can choose not to kill can be found on the map as "random" person missions, as long as you choose not to kill them.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just beat the game @ around 70% completion. not giving away anything, but the ending i got was :( . though i heard theres multiple endings, so ima check that out next

Anyone noticed what seems like a glitch with the radio stations?

On "The Beat" station I think, the amount of times I hear "Big Dog Pitbulls" and the "brand new/exclusive" Swizz Beats song is ridiculous - I hear that more than anything else.

Bit disappointed with the music selection overall.

the Strip Club takeover scene is pissing me off....especially if/when the cops show up.

STRATEGY SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

First, make sure you buy some body armor. I now buy body armor before every mission, just in case.

After finding the location of all the managers, I would kill the manager in the office first and then hole up in there with a shotgun. A couple of goons will come in and you can take them out easily. Afterward, I would run and set up shot behind the bar. Toss out a grenade or two to clear things out. (Warning: this may get the police's attention.) Afterward, I just used my automatic rifle and my semiautomatic rifle to slowly pick these guys off. After the guys in the main section are taken care of, run out back. There will be one goon in the VIP room; just take him out quickly. The other two managers will take off in a truck. I had no luck pulling them out of the truck, so it's high-speed chase time. I just rammed them again and again until they eventually crashed, at which point I killed them execution style.

Hope this helps.

First, make sure you buy some body armor. I now buy body armor before every mission, just in case.

After finding the location of all the managers, I would kill the manager in the office first and then hole up in there with a shotgun. A couple of goons will come in and you can take them out easily. Afterward, I would run and set up shot behind the bar. Toss out a grenade or two to clear things out. (Warning: this may get the police's attention.) Afterward, I just used my automatic rifle and my semiautomatic rifle to slowly pick these guys off. After the guys in the main section are taken care of, run out back. There will be one goon in the VIP room; just take him out quickly. The other two managers will take off in a truck. I had no luck pulling them out of the truck, so it's high-speed chase time. I just rammed them again and again until they eventually crashed, at which point I killed them execution style.

Hope this helps.

yeah thats exactly what i have been doing but I either lose them cause the wheels for my car get effed or the cops come and between the managers shooting at me and the cops shooting and ramming me I get killed. :mad:

thanks anyway

yeah thats exactly what i have been doing but I either lose them cause the wheels for my car get effed or the cops come and between the managers shooting at me and the cops shooting and ramming me I get killed. :mad:

thanks anyway

Do the cops come during the shootout or during the chase? It's much easier of course if the cops don't come during the shootout....I think when I beat it, I refrained from using grenades; that may have drawn the cops' attention.

I didn't have too much trouble with the managers shooting at me....I would just concentrate on the high-speed chase and ramming the managers' truck, taking special care to take the corners carefully.

Good luck, man. Some of those high-speed chases can be frustrating, especially since so many missions revolve around them.

Do the cops come during the shootout or during the chase? It's much easier of course if the cops don't come during the shootout....I think when I beat it, I refrained from using grenades; that may have drawn the cops' attention.

I didn't have too much trouble with the managers shooting at me....I would just concentrate on the high-speed chase and ramming the managers' truck, taking special care to take the corners carefully.

Good luck, man. Some of those high-speed chases can be frustrating, especially since so many missions revolve around them.

i've had both happen....but cops during the chase is especially annoying...

these high speed chases are getting on my nerves....the motorcycle chase to get the guy who stole D's money and girl was taxing too.....

i've had both happen....but cops during the chase is especially annoying...

these high speed chases are getting on my nerves....the motorcycle chase to get the guy who stole D's money and girl was taxing too.....

Same--once I lucked out because he ate it on the highway, and I was like, "Holy shit! I got a free pass!" but then when I made a U-turn to go execute him, I accidentally rammed into a truck while going full speed and that was the end of me.

The next time, I just shot him off his bike, which wasn't as hard as I thought. But the mission was much more frustrating than it should have been. (The same for Brucie's first mission.)

The strip-club shootout mission is the first of the more difficult shootouts, which is frustrating but a plus, I guess, so you can't just waltz through the missions and have to use both a combination of strategy and button-coordination skills. Too often I have the mentality of just running into a place, guns blazing, and of course that just ends in my untimely death.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest this as well. Kill the manager in the office with either a bat, knife, or fist that way it won't alert people. The manager in the back, I was able to headshot the guy guarding the door then i just blasted the place up.

I would suggest this as well. Kill the manager in the office with either a bat, knife, or fist that way it won't alert people. The manager in the back, I was able to headshot the guy guarding the door then i just blasted the place up.

yeah i tried that whole bat thing but i suck with the bat and keep missing him and he pulls out a gun and that alerts everyone. I need to find another knife.

If you kill the first manager silently, you can actually take cover in the back and toss a grenade into the VIP room and kill everyone in there. You'll have to take cover along the wall so that the guard doesn't notice, and then you can just aim and toss the grenade in there. Afterward, you can just raise hell in the club. This may be preferable to a high-speed chase.

Sometimes, I wish I didn't trade my knife in for a bat. I just wanted to smash cars up as they drove along the road, but as I got deeper in the game, my sociopathic tendencies got curbed.

Edit: Of course, the shootout may be more difficult as you can't take refuge behind the bar, but you may be able to streak across the club and jump over the bar.

If you kill the first manager silently, you can actually take cover in the back and toss a grenade into the VIP room and kill everyone in there. You'll have to take cover along the wall so that the guard doesn't notice, and then you can just aim and toss the grenade in there. Afterward, you can just raise hell in the club. This may be preferable to a high-speed chase.

Sometimes, I wish I didn't trade my knife in for a bat. I just wanted to smash cars up as they drove along the road, but as I got deeper in the game, my sociopathic tendencies got curbed.

Edit: Of course, the shootout may be more difficult as you can't take refuge behind the bar, but you may be able to streak across the club and jump over the bar.

What about the strippers man, what did they do to you :D. I agree with still having the knife. I traded mine for a bat and regret it. I haven't been able to find it on the streets again so i just bought it from Jacob

What's ppl's thoughts of multiplayer?

When you play a ranked game, how do you get to 'host' the game so you control the settings...

helicopter racing isnt really my thing, plus rocket launchers kind of get way too irritating.

What about the strippers man, what did they do to you :D. I agree with still having the knife. I traded mine for a bat and regret it. I haven't been able to find it on the streets again so i just bought it from Jacob

there's a knife in an alley somewhere... i can't remember where though...

I thought the bank robbery mission was really cool. some odd 40% through it and still can't put it down. Def one of the easiets GTA's to evade the cops with, gps makes it too simple.

^If you have the original packaging, Best Buy will almost certainly let you exchange it for another. (No returns for cash, though, but maybe for store credit?)

My friend bought Buzz, a quiz-show game for the PS2 and like a complete dumbshit he cut open the package without looking as to where he was cutting. So he cuts two of the wires for the buzzers. We take it back to Best Buy that night and they let us exchange it for another copy. If Best Buy lets us exchange a game that we clearly broke because of our (or, more accurately, my friend's) utter ineptitude, I can't see them refusing your exchange.

i played for a couple minutes at my friend's last night. they decided that getting drunk and playing grand theft auto iv all night wasn't an option for the night, so they dragged me along with them to the bar. i'm thinking of dropping them as friends.

I finally got my 360 today, and got GTA IV yesterday. I only played it for half an hour because I had some things to clean and stuff to see on the computer, but WOW. This game is so naaiiiceeeeee. My first impression are that the driving system is really enjoyable and brings so much more realisme, there's too much cop, and you cannot survive on a bike for more than 5 minutes !

Also, whenever I wander about in the city, I always end up at the Airport :D

But I love this game, at least as much as I enjoyed the other grand theft auto when they got released !

Anyone noticed what seems like a glitch with the radio stations?

On "The Beat" station I think, the amount of times I hear "Big Dog Pitbulls" and the "brand new/exclusive" Swizz Beats song is ridiculous - I hear that more than anything else.

Bit disappointed with the music selection overall.

word, it's all that's ever on, if I'm lucky i get 'flashing lights'...woo fucking hoo :(

there is so much side crap to this game that i've only started to try and do like making drop offs for little jacob, using the cop computer to play vigilante and looking for those damn pigeons.

havent even really started trying to find cars for stevie and brucie as well as trying to win races for brucie....and then everyone wants to hang out and when i dont they get mad.......:(

i'm only 40% of the way through the game and cant imagine ever getting to 100% :eek:

so i didn't read this thread, but i stole the controller from my lil brother and i was driving and accidentally pressed some button and i jumped out of the car.

that is all.