Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Thierry Mugler has made it's way into my usual rotation. Am I a sell out?

Odeur 71

Guerlain Vetiver

Dunhill Desire

A*Men

If anyone is looking for some new and hard-to-find, a German company called Biehl Parfumkunstwerke has an interesting sounding lineup of fragrances created by various noteable perfumers, namely Mark Buxton who created many of the Comme Des Garcons scents.

http://www.biehl-parfum.com/

available for worldwide shipping (I think) at:

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php?manufacturers_id=236

gimme gimme, its still winter in Australia so it seems to be working well at the moment. I agree though when its hot it might seem "sticky" for lack of a better description.

im a fan of cdg odeur 53, and happy pillow

you probably already know, but happy pillow isn't the actual name of the scent, that's just the name of the "edition"...they put out new ones every year...all the same smell, just different design. I have the "drawings" edition.

you probably already know, but happy pillow isn't the actual name of the scent, that's just the name of the "edition"...they put out new ones every year...all the same smell, just different design. I have the "drawings" edition.

yes, its just CDG2 in different packaging, thats all :)

gimmegimme

one question, do you know if m7 by YSL is still available? i kinda like it but i sorta suspect they phased it out after tom ford left ysl...

am using hermes rocabar, and fresh now.

As far as I know its still available...I know they discontinued Rive Gauche for men and M7 Fresh. Either way, you'll get it way cheaper online at a discount site (perfumebay.com and the like). Even when a fragrance is discontinued...it still lingers in the online shops for at least a few years.

As far as I know its still available...I know they discontinued Rive Gauche for men and M7 Fresh. Either way, you'll get it way cheaper online at a discount site (perfumebay.com and the like). Even when a fragrance is discontinued...it still lingers in the online shops for at least a few years.

thanks for the info. i shall go look for it at the said sites.

Time for my first post at theese boards, just tought to tell whats in my bookshelf(edt's).

Got Carolina Herrera: Chic(for men)

Lacoste: hmm,some gray bottle :P

The first edt for me, Jean Paul Gaultier: Le Male :D(went with that one for quite a long time,way before any sight of a "beard " :rolleyes:)

The most recent update for me, Guess:man(a green/silver G shaped bottle)

Ive noticed its pretty hard to choose a new fragrance,at shops i cant smell more than one at a time or my head gets wiery and starts to hurt :mad:. And its pretty risky to the one YOU like if u order random on internet.Kinda like Hugo Boss: Selection. But im just 19years old and is that fragrance for a bit older perhaps ? If somebody got the same stuff as ive listed,meaby u could give me an idea to what to test next time at the shops.

Time for my first post at theese boards, just tought to tell whats in my bookshelf(edt's).

Got Carolina Herrera: Chic(for men)

Lacoste: hmm,some gray bottle :P

The first edt for me, Jean Paul Gaultier: Le Male :D(went with that one for quite a long time,way before any sign of a "beard " :rolleyes:)

The most recent update for me, Guess:man(a green/silver G shaped bottle)

Ive noticed its pretty hard to choose a new fragrance,at shops i cant smell more than one at a time or my head gets wiery and starts to hurt :mad:. And its pretty risky to the one YOU like if u order random on internet.Kinda like Hugo Boss: Selection. But im just 19years old and is that fragrance for a bit older perhaps ? If somebody got the same stuff as ive listed,meaby u could give me an idea to what to test next time at the shops.

Try all the Kenzo scents...you'll probably like them. And inhale through your sleeve (smell your shirt) between each cologne...it helps.

52e0288.jpg

I was out on the weekend shopping and came across the comme des garcons cologne line...which I had previously dismissed smelling because classic "colognes" are rather boring. I don't know what I was thinking though...especially since there are very few CDG things that are "boring". Anyway, there's a citrus one, a vetiver one, and an amber one. The first being pretty standard, but the other two are pretty interesting interpretations. They come in huge bottles, but are pretty reasonably priced.

A new site has opened which sells samples of pretty much any fragrance on the market. Its still fresh, so it may need some time to adjust and get its act together, but definitely worth a look if you're wanting to try something new without buying the whole bottle. Its operated by several of the ladies who have blogs (links on the site) and had various sample businesses who combined their efforts to make a single, efficient service.

http://theperfumedcourt.com/

Just got this...

32601ci4.jpg

... and I'm lovin' it.

Considering picking up a different cologne just so I'm not wearing the same scent everyday. Can't decide between "Kyoto" from CdG's Incense series, or Play by CdG, as well. Got a sample of "Sequoia" the other day, and I liked that too. Also been meaning to check out "Scent Intense" by Costume National.