Does anyone make a standard fit (modern 501) jean in super high quality fabric?

jake snake

what I'm looking for, but they're absurdly expensive (I don't want to pay over $200)

Hey, let me know where you can buy a Veyron for less then 10 grand then I might tell you where you can get some cheap uber super high quality jeans.

Generally, japanese denim is considered high quality fabric, and you have to be prepared to spend $200 for a nice pair.

can't be washed (like LVC 501XX, which is perfect jean otherwise, imo)

Thats because they're raw. You can wash them if you want, but you'll be left with some fairly plain lighter blue jeans without any distressing. Read the encylopedias or the Evolution of Jeans thread to find out more.

Modern cuts...well i'll just suggest a brand. Nudie"

Regular Ralf - Straight bootcut (a really nice cut)

Straight Sven - Straight cut

Even Steven - Straight with a taprered leg

Just chucking in a little bit first...

Tenchi- hahaha!

Jake- seriously Im not sure what sort of cut you want, but unless its something totally unusual I think you can find it in japanese denim. Super tapered might be the only exception that springs to mind, but even then you have 4 or 5 options I guess.

I think if your after something on the loose side your options are pretty wide. However unfotunately you have to pay for quality. John Bull have many cuts alot of them pretty modern and most are around or under the $200 mark.

Why dont you look at sugarcane - samurai ( who have soooo many fits ) eternal etc all the usual suspects and just pay the extra 70bucks? Oh full count are a nice blue hue - check em out.

Rationalise it like this -

Jeans are never worth more than $100 ( really..... )

If your paying $150 your already buying something thats an extravagance.

So if its an extragance why not just pay more for something you really want?

To clear it up, I'm looking for a fit that isn't meant to be sagged (japanese repos), or a fit that's really tight in the thighs (every other premium jean I've found). The modern 501 cut fits me pretty me excatly the way I want a jean to fit me.

So tighter, slimmer top...tapered, bootcut or straight bottom? since modern 501 cuts do vary a bit..

Hey, let me know where you can buy a Veyron for less then 10 grand then I might tell you where you can get some cheap uber super high quality jeans.

Generally, japanese denim is considered high quality fabric, and you have to be prepared to spend $200 for a nice pair.

Thats because they're raw. You can wash them if you want, but you'll be left with some fairly plain lighter blue jeans without any distressing. Read the encylopedias or the Evolution of Jeans thread to find out more.

Modern cuts...well i'll just suggest a brand. Nudie"

Regular Ralf - Straight bootcut (a really nice cut)

Straight Sven - Straight cut

Even Steven - Straight with a taprered leg

Just chucking in a little bit first...

Personally, I suggest spending around $400, otherwsie its just a waste. But, for $236 you cna get AMAZING Somets.

You don't have to sag your jeans. Wear a belt. A lot of japanese jeans are 501 cut. BIG has a ton of them, or you can get LVCs. There isn't a rule against washing raw jeans. You won't get as defined fading and such, and the color will eventually fade away. You can do it. Cheap washes his jeans once a month or something like that and his samurais look good still. Just stick with levis redline or something if you're that against paying money for jeans. Everyone here knows they're expensive, but most people just get over it because sometimes you have to pay a bit extra to get something you really like. Under $200 limits you to lvc, some sugarcane, levis capital E, ande whalls(he's not making them for awhile), Nudie, APC, and a few others, but it's limited. If your limit was say, $250 your options are completely opened up. It's worth it to spend an extra $25-50 to get something you want than to not be fully satisfied.

i don't think sidney's flatheads are repros, 3001s right?. plus he's just slouching them.

a) if you like the LVC 501s get them,

or

B) look for any of the repros talked about here. canes 47 are good place to start,

or

c) if you don't want a saggy seat, disregard a) and B)

Jake- He's fucking sagging them willingly. A lot of people do. Those also aren't 501 repros. They're slim fit, medium rised modern jeans. 501 jeans are high rise and if you don't wear any 501 type jean at your true waist (1 inch bellow your navel) than you will have ass sag. I think all your problems could be solved by buying a regular rise/fit japanese jean such as pbj 007 or 003(i forget which one is the right one for this), oni blues, flat head and skulls both have regular rise/fit models but i can't remember the model number. Then use a belt and wear them at your waist. If you wear jeans like that at your hip or below, then you'll have ass sag.

Most people have ass sag on purpose. They're "slouchy" because people slouch them. If you want them fitted, wear them fitted and remember where your real waist is.

I would buy the LVC 501XXs, but if they get washed, the entire fit is ruined.

Buy them so they fit after shrinking then. LVC after a wash is no different than like 75% of the Japanese stuff. That's why people soak/wash them as soon as they get them.

I know he's doing it on purpose, and it works for him. But, I'm looking for the exact oppisite of that fit. That's why I said it seems lie Japanese repos won't work for me. Half the page was still people suggesting jeans that slouch exactly that way, but owell.

I want wear my jeans at my hips but I don't want to have a bag under my ass.

Then quit looking for 501 repros. You need something with a lower rise. 501 repro jeans have a higher rise, so when you wear them at your hip, they sag. You need a low rise jean.

This thread could've been easier if you defined what you want better.

"Hi my name is jake and i'm looking for a nice quality japanese denim pair of jeans with a low rise because i want to wear them at my hips and still not get ass sag but also a more relaxed fit all the way through, nothing too tight. I don't want to spend more than $300, but would prefer to keep it under $200 if possible. Thanks for your help and i'll be sure to actually research the suggestions you give me instead of posting a picture of a jean that is nothing like what i'm looking for and claiming no one is helping me. Thanks guys, i'll jerk you off later for helping me"

I think you're very caught up in the way lots of young guys wear their jeans. Like previous posters implied, they are saggy because people want them that way. They don't have to be worn that way though. I had the same problem you are talking about. I love to wear my jeans on my hips but I hate the ass sag that lots of japanese brands gave me. So what did I do? I went to Blue in Green and tried on just about every pair in the store. Sure enough, many "regular fit" pairs were way to "saggy". However I found that there are some "regular" cuts that can be worn on the hips but have been updated to be slimmer through the seat. I'm a thin guy, but I've also got fairly healthy thighs so the whole skinny fit doesn't look quite right on me. Therefore, I needed a regular fit that wasn't too big in the ass. I'm not kidding you when I say that I tried on just about every pair of jeans at BIG. I was there for well over an hour and Gordon never got tired of my questions. Afterwards I went to 45rpm to compare their jeans.

I found a handful of cuts that had I been willing to drop thousands, I would have bought them all:

Studio D'Artisan SD-101

Oni Blue

PBJ 003

Samurai 5000vx

I ended up walking away with the SD-101's and I'm very satisfied. The ass isn't saggy at all but I've got room in all the right places.

Also, I tried on the new line of RRL jeans the other day and their regular fit had a slim seat compared to 501 repros.

Japanese denim companies have evolved past identical reproductions...get out there and try some on. If you can't try em on, communicate with Gordon at Blue in Green. He's one of the most thorough and patient people I've come across.