xcoldricex

coffee anyone?

i had never drank coffee until starting school ...

i have two drawing classes this quarter, so i frequent coffee shops in the city to get my buzz on and knock out some work....

but last time i went i drank something like 96 ounces of coffee in a couple hours and OD'd on caffiene, causing me to be fucked up for a few days, including muscle aches, chest pain, and cold sweats, lol

so ever since then ive laid off the coffee :(

word to the wise, dont binge drink coffee for multiple hours, its not very beneficial to your health

There's nothing in the world that can fuck with the combo of cigarettes and coffee. I quit a few months back but the highlight of my day used to be a cup of coffee and a cigarette in the morning. So damn good....

god damn that shit is expensive.

vietnamese coffee uses any god damn dry coffee in a flask.

and shitloads of condensed milk.

yup and its fukin good

moving into a new office building monday, this is what we got in the new kitchen:

440136392_d243131e77.jpg

:D

lavazza red or blue pack.

or if one is feeling very flash- jamaican mountain beans! lush & sexy coffee

creamy!

I've been a coffee geek for quite a few years now - got a Gaggia Classic machine and a Solis Maestro grinder. The key really is having a grinder.. if you have a good machine and no grinder you can't possibly make great coffee. I really underestimated this until I bought my own a few years back.

Sydney is fantastic for coffee (Campos in Newtown being the best) but London really struggles - Monmouth is one of the only places I've found that serves great coffee and has a good selection of fresh beans.

The coffee you buy in supermarkets is so old and stale that it isn't worth buying - get fresh beans from a local grinder if you can and it will make a huge difference although it doesn't make as much difference with a plunger/french press as it does with an espresso machine.

I've noticed you can make quite a good french press, even with coffee that isn't too good, as long as you keep it warm beforehand and use water that is just off the boil (92-93 degrees so that it doesn't burn the coffee).

Great espresso + piece of dark chocolate = :D

I dunno about coffee anymore. I'm all about hot chocolate.... with marshmallows. Sometimes bananas.. yes!

the slurpeecino is amazing.

^^

I wish I had an espresso machine (like, a decent one + grinder) at home. Not sure of any cafe that has Black Cat right now.. and I can't brew it at home so :(

Anyone know how stumptown's coffee compares to others like Intelligentsia/Verve/etc? I've heard a lot of good things bout it and just realized that a couple of cafés here brew it and I'm not sure whether I should run there now or just go when I'm in the area.

^^

I wish I had an espresso machine (like, a decent one + grinder) at home. Not sure of any cafe that has Black Cat right now.. and I can't brew it at home so :(

Anyone know how stumptown's coffee compares to others like Intelligentsia/Verve/etc? I've heard a lot of good things bout it and just realized that a couple of cafés here brew it and I'm not sure whether I should run there now or just go when I'm in the area.

stumptown is pretty popular now, havent tried it yet

Cafe La Semeuse is pretty good

sydney has some great coffee. second only to melbourne (in australia at least). i've been drinking a locally roasted bean at my favourite little cafe round the corner. can't get by on less than three cups a day.

had to give up coffee for a week as part of a study to determine if people can differentiate decaf from caffeinated. for a whole week i had to drink this mystery coffee, i had a headache after the second day for the remainder of the week. decaf fo sho.

Only post in here when you're having your morning coffee. Talk about your breakfast, the day ahead, and the news... :D

just took an amazing shit.

it was the same colour as the borscht i ate last night

dear vs toto,

you have the best sig. ever. I will probably steal it.

ate- omlette with ham, tomatoes and mushrooms and mixed cheese on a roll on a paper plate.

vanilla flavored coffee from the cafff

10:10

Rarely drink coffee, but desperate today, drinking the gold one now.

4015916.86c88e73.l.jpg

reading about dark pool markets in Europe.

next stop, wikipedia articles on royal inbreeding.

does this look like the swiss miss thread to you? gtfo.

CW121.jpg

wait.

what sandwich did you have?

I get extra sprouts on everything.

usually have a cup of coffee and a bagel before i leave to work at 5am...damn i want another cup now.

Every morning at 8am i have a starbucks coffee. Usually a grande redeye. Purely utilitarian though. This nice independent organic bakery/coffee place closed down over winter break :(

10:10

Rarely drink coffee, but desperate today, drinking the gold one now.

4015916.86c88e73.l.jpg

Could not get down with these at all; too sickly sweet.

PS. Love the ad, though.

oh man, this is gna be my fave thread!

coffee is <3