the most underrated mc? big l rest in peace...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big L definitely underrated-- Common, Mos Def, Kweli-- also underrated. Another big name that you don't usually hear mentioned when talking about the greatest that should be: Big Pun.

not so serious answer: Canibus

"The album is 17 tracks and “Poet Laureate Infinity” is the grand finale on the album. There are 1,000 bars in that track and due to the way it’s layered, it’s an infinite rhyme. When youmix it and spread it throughout five channels, [you have the ability] to mix the track differently every time. Because when you hear the mix, whichever one you hear, you are only listening to one layer at a time. But there are four other layers there. You are only going to be hearing 200 bars per record. But at any moment and every moment, there are 800 bars that you’re not listening to. So I’ve created something that’s never been done before. Every time it’s mixed, you’ll hear a different song."

word 2 Big L,

also love the usual suspects like Talib & Mos...

madd love to Souls of Mishief, Kool Keith, & Aceylone.

Pharaoe monch is coming to talk to my class friday, I've never really heard of him though . . . Glad to hear he is one of the best. What should I listen to of his? I don't want to be a stupid white boy

listen to all his stuff that he did as organized konfusion. then listen to his track simon says.

Pharaoe monch is coming to talk to my class friday, I've never really heard of him though . . . Glad to hear he is one of the best. What should I listen to of his? I don't want to be a stupid white boy

Ha what kind of class is it

Pharoe is dope his new shit is tight if you go on about organized shit youll sound liek a geeky backpacker which is a good thing

pharoahes dope... get My Life too i think thats by him

kweli used to be my favorite but he's sorta fallen off... doing mad mixtapes n in ecko ads.

put yur muthafuckin L's up we gonna have you do this shit all muthafuckin night so get used to it... get useed to it this is for my man big L

My Life is a song that he sung the chorus to, but its a Styles P song. On Soundbombing Vol. II i believe. Its one my favorite songs.

im gonna have to second the big pun reccomendation. this guy was a beast. even when he was rhyming with lesser rappers like mr serv-on and even shaq, this song is kinda hard to find, he didnt fall to their level he came correct.

i really like pharaoh monch's flow but i dont know much from him, all i know is that even though he ghostwrote the last diddy album we shouldnt hold it against him

i only roll with originators/ chicks stick to my dick like magnets on refrigarators

favortie big l line

thing I like about Big L (Why`d you use lower case "l" in the title? its BIG L haha) is his sense of humour.

"Everybody wanna be like Mike but Mike wanna be like L"

"I put his brains in the street, so you could see what he was just thinkin"

hahaha