how to rock a polo shirt..

home

I'm confused; aren't the standard RL, FP, and lacoste polos all pique? Jersey polos are nice, but pique weave is great for warm weather--airy and less likely to stick to you.

Vintage/thrift can be a good route for polos. 80s poly/cotton jersey polos can have a great feel and a trimmer fit than new polos. More likely than other thrift shirts to have pitstains though.

H+M has some nice polos right now that are tipped like FPs--pretty sophisticated looking for whatever they cost.

i love jersey polos, i'd say like at least half of mine are. i have a few rl piqued and they're ok but just because they have that length in the back, which as a girl is key, and they're 100% cotton. the lacoste are ultra piqued and have i think like 10% stretch which to me is an awful combination, AND they dont have length in the back. sucks. i have like 7 and i never wear them...waste of money

p.s i've never worn a fred perry i just like the look of it so i dont know how they wear/fabric content

i think wearing them with no shirt underneath is the best way to go about it, for the best look, with the bottom button buttoned

lacoste are too big on the bottom, but i'm not sure about the 'vintage fit', its supposedly slimmer

ralph lauren custom fit, fit really well, they are nice and tight all around, the classic fit isn't too bad either, still a ltitle long in the back, and maybe a little wide on the bottom

I'm also a fan of brooks brothers. The color palate leaves something to be desired, but for basics the price and quality is hard to beat. Plus, I think polos without tails are horrible, so some brands are immediately out.

Beyond that, I think the best polo shirt of all time was made by Concepts in Cambridge, MA, with the only limitation being that one has to be a fan of boston based pro sports teams. The cut on the shirts is incredible.

I like Marc Jacobs polos.... CK do nice jersey polos. As long as you're not actually a jock or a wannabe jock and you only wear one at a time then you are safe. Collar down always. Button configuration is negotiable, some can pull off the all buttons done up look in that Fred Perry shot.

I guess RL polos are OK but in my opinion something different is always nice. If not the abvove mentioned brands APC do good ones, although overpriced. As said previously fred perry is good in my books too as is trovata.

there's nothing wrong with lacoste either. except they fit like shit imho.

Not if you get the Lacoste Sport ones - they've got a silver crocodile on them. Don't know if they sell them in the US or not.

RL custom fit polos are the slimmer ones. RL Purple label is slim too but super pricey. The custom fits run about $75-80 and they have vintagey colors on the online site.

lacoste retro fit is slimmer, and has a longer back hemm. they fit me well, just make sure they are long enough. my friend can't wear them bc they are too short for him in the front.

. . . and i'm not trying to insult anyone here but everyone complaining about RL or Lacoste fitting like shit, i used to complain about it too, but once you start working out a little bit and have the lats, shoulders and arms to fill in a polo, than the only thing you have to worry about is length usually. just something i've noticed over the years, being the freak i am about fit and finish.

i like the buttoning all the way to the top look. if you're style is 'severe'/extreme enough to handle it, then i say go for it.

i remember a dude 5 years ago in HS used to wear 2 polos together. somehow he looked stupid but pulled it off at the same time. it just looked a bit weird seeing 2 pairs of collars.

dont like aa because the buttons never stay buttoned

i found that champs sports has 10 dollar polos that fit me perfectly. after a wash they slim up and i like that the arms aren't cut huge for body builders. they end ~2 inches above my elbow instead of mid bicep which i like because it hides my bony arms better.

i remember an exchange student in HS 5 yrs ago who wore 2 polos together too. maybe you're from blair.