how to rock a polo shirt..

home

1. dont button it

2. dont "pop" your collar

3. make sure it fits properly... nothing 2-4 sizes bigger... you're not a hippityhop star

Whats wrong with RL and Lacoste polos? they aint too bad...

old school vintage washed out and starchy

in pastle colours

no thanks...

in my opinion you can't beat an RL polo, espeically the fit...but i'm a girl so idk how it works for guys. they all have length in the back which is a nice feature that lacoste should look into because the fit on lacoste sucks and they're piqued which i hate. i'd go with some r.l

i also like fred perry, the crest is cool

Guest StuckOnStupid
how to rock a polo:

step 1: go to ebay and buy knock offs of your favorite brands at steep discounts in every color of the rainbow.

step 2: be glad of the money you saved when you are over polo shirts next year

repeat steps 1&2 every 3-5 years.

YUPPPPPPPP.

I think you can distinguish between a frat brother douche, New England preps, asian nerds ,kanye-wannabe, and average joe wearing a pastel colored (or any color for that matter) polo....

Brooks Brothers (well aware that it's not the sexiest, or highest quality brand) makes their cotton pique polos in 2 cuts - avg, and slim. each spring or early summer you can buy 3 short sleeve polos for 99 bucks.

the fit on lacoste sucks and they're piqued which i hate. i'd go with some r.l

i also like fred perry, the crest is cool

I'm confused; aren't the standard RL, FP, and lacoste polos all pique? Jersey polos are nice, but pique weave is great for warm weather--airy and less likely to stick to you.

Vintage/thrift can be a good route for polos. 80s poly/cotton jersey polos can have a great feel and a trimmer fit than new polos. More likely than other thrift shirts to have pitstains though.

H+M has some nice polos right now that are tipped like FPs--pretty sophisticated looking for whatever they cost.

1. buy them so they fit you -- i.e. shoulder seam hits that shoulder, long enough, and doesn't billow out too much towards the bottom -- if not, have it taken in some.

2. get some deep v-necks, AA regular ones have been deep for me too. layer polo over it, don't button it -- something about exposed collar bone and no undershirt feels much more sleek modern to me.